Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,905 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nursing Or IT In The United States - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nursing Or IT In The United States (328 Views)

New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin / Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nursing Or IT In The United States by Blessedzion: 9:26am On Nov 18, 2019
Hello all,
Please i need informed advice from knowledgeable persons on this platform to help tow the right career path. Come next year, by God's grace I will be relocating to the United States to join my husband who is already a citizen there. He however has advised that for us to effectively make ends meet i should consider taking up a career in either nursing or Info-tech which he says are very lucrative there. He specifically recommends either of the two. He presently works as a nurse in one of the government institutions there. He has also instructed that i find out possible institutions where these can be offered and admittance requirements for whichever i settle for so i can begin to acquire necessary background training soonest.
I'm quite unsure of which of these two options to pursue. I'm a first degree holder in Economics and the nursing option for me seems quite forlorn as i have no chemistry or physics background whatsoever. The IT option appeals more to me, but i'm quite confused as to what part of its versatile options i should focus on.
Please my good people of Nairaland, i need good counsel from those who know as i don't want to go over there to become a liability to my spouse.
Kindly advice on:
1. which of the two would provide a better option for me.
2. Institutions (and possibly locations) where these career training can be acquired.

Looking forward to your kind inputs on this as its quite important to me please. Thanks.
Re: Nursing Or IT In The United States by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2019
Considering being a mother, i will advice u to go for nursing bcs IT is a continuous thing, u get to be developing yourself from time to time to catch up with trending things in IT and i think once u get ur B.nursing na to dey count money remain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Traffic Warden Always Dance At Work With No Music Why??. VIDEO / Become An Uber Fleet Owner / Join Today And Be Part Of The Solution To Humanitarian Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.