Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

Rohr: I Prefer To Concede First And Win Match; - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr: I Prefer To Concede First And Win Match; (395 Views)

Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / Jesse Lingard And Pedro Neto Bust-up After West Ham Win Match (Photos) / Tono Rodriguez Scores From His Own Penalty Area To Win Match (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rohr: I Prefer To Concede First And Win Match; by Oldboss(m): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
Rohr: I Prefer to Concede First and Win Match; Eagles Fight Without Panic 1 November 18, 2019 1:17 pm Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr says he is impressed with his players’ brave efforts in Sunday’s 4-2 away win against Lesotho in an AFCON 2021 qualifying match, insisting that the opponents scoring first didn’t count in the end, reports Completesports.com. Rohr’s charges conceded early in the game but fought back to win the game 4-2 with Victor Osimhen netting a brace and Alex Iwobi and Samuel Chukuweze scoring the other goals. “Some matches, you score the first goal and in some matches you concede first,” Rohr told reporters after the game. “We scored first against Brazil and Ukraine but we didn’t win, so I prefer to concede first and win the match. “This has proven that my players have a good spirit because they never give up. “They continue to play well and do not panic. We have a very young team and what I like is the enthusiasm to play football.” The German tactician was full of praises for the Super Eagles for putting up that brave performance despite arriving Maseru a few hours before the match. Rohr added: “We know that it’s difficult to win in Lesotho especially when you concede the first goal. They played very well in the beginning, but we had to take the game in our hands. “We had a long travel by night and you can see that at the beginning, my players were not fully concentrated.” By Adeboye Amosu
Re: Rohr: I Prefer To Concede First And Win Match; by Smalldick123(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hmmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Players Agree To Donate Their Salary To Charity / Free Tips For Football Betting-23/dec/2019 / Klopp Wins Best Coach Of The Year Globe Soccer Award 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.