Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,321 members, 7,943,796 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:34 AM

Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? (811 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by ikechukwu21(m): 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hello guys, I notice that a lot of women spend time watching Zee World, Telemundo and Philippines love TV series. I don't really know what excites them in it. Well, watching those series isn't the problem but rather what it does to their minds. They end up believing that this is what real life marriage and relationship should look like. One lady even told me some time ago that her husband will be an angel. Now the funny part is that most men would who tend to treat the ladies this way usually get them feeling like a Princess all the way until when they eventually get married and probably the man stops fulfiling all her fantasies; you start hearing things like "you have changed. You no longer take me out since we became married." Or "My husband doesn't love me like he did while we were dating; I think he's cheating on me."

Married men/women in the house please share your experience as regards this issue. Does your idea of Telemundo, Philippines and Zee love series work in your home, or not? One love.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by Kaycee54321(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
I'm not married but my goal is for my union to be Partee after Partee. After Partee after Partee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by ikechukwu21(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
Kaycee54321:
I'm not married but my goal is for my union to be Partee after Partee. After Partee after Partee.

lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
Your marriage is what you make of it.

Life is not a bed of roses yet some people have learnt how to enjoy their lives within moral boundaries.

So also, marriage has challenges (job loss, delayed child birth, stubborn in-laws, frustrating bosses, things not working out as planned etc.) however if they both genuinely love themselves, they would enjoy their marriage and overcome all the challenges together.

As for Telemundo, I don't understand the appeal. I do not find love triangles interesting or appealing.

I love when a man genuinely loves a woman, makes her blossom and she also works towards pleasing him.

There is no place for a third wheel.

I also do not find spineless women and stupid men aka drama queens and kings interesting. Apologies to the Telemundo fans.

I think Telemundo is just a way to escape the harsh realities of the society just how some others turn to drinks, sex or drugs.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by ikechukwu21(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
bukatyne:
Your marriage is what you make of it.

Life is not a bed of roses yet some people have learnt how to enjoy their lives within moral boundaries.

So also, marriage has challenges (job loss, delayed child birth, stubborn in-laws, frustrating bosses, things not working out as planned etc.) however if they both genuinely love themselves, they would enjoy their marriage and overcome all the challenges together.

As for Telemundo, I don't understand the appeal. I do not find love triangles interesting or appealing.

I love when a man genuinely loves a woman, makes her blossom and she also works towards pleasing him.

There is no place for a third wheel.

I also do not find spineless women and stupid men aka drama queens and kings interesting. Apologies to the Telemundo fans.

I think Telemundo is just a way to escape the harsh realities of the society just how some others turn to drinks, sex or drugs.

But sadly a lot of women tend to wrap their love lives around this fantasy. Some even unconciously begin to compare their man to those tv characters. Someone once said that those kind of programs tend to make one "dull". Don't know how true that statement is though. But from what I know... What you watch, read or listen to, you may soon become.
Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by LewsTherin: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
Is it romance and fun all the way in marriage?

It can be. Marriage is what the couple make of it. A wonderful romance and fun filled marriage takes a lot of work. I mean A LOT of work.

But it is the kind of work a football team does when thrashing the opposite side 9-0 in a match. The players run, they sweat, they expend energy, but they love every single minute of it because they are having fun, they are achieving their dreams. Ask Leicester City.

Same thing with marriage. When both put in the hard work needed, they enjoy a romantic and fun filled marriage all the way.

As for Telemundo and all them soaps and stuff, that sh@t just dulls the brain. Same with the thrash that Nollywood churns out.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by ikechukwu21(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
Married folks where una dey? Make una put mouth for this matter o grin
Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by Marvieduke(f): 6:16am On Nov 21, 2019
Kaycee54321:

Make you no go wound ooo
Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 21, 2019
No, marriage is work. You have to be intentional about it.
There is nothing like just "going with flow" because sometines you won't feel like going with anything but because you want your marriage to work, you make concerted efforts to make things right. Which is why It is important for you to be on the journey with someone who is also willing to put in the work, one person can't do it all.

Ultimately, When you are with the right person and God is involved, marriage is a beautiful thing.
Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by Greatdre(m): 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
Lol..Nice tread..Many people think marriage is tantamount to free romance, free sex and enjoyment..Don't be deceived. Marriage is more of emotional and psychological challenges than the freebies stated above. Marriage is work. Too much responsibilities can even weaken your erection. Let me burst your brain, it easier to get free sex when single than when married. Reasons: You are bound by marriage vows, you can't seek for sex outside your wife. If your wife is not in the mood, no sex. If your wife is not happy with you, no sex. Responsibilities also make women not to be in the mood for sex. Lets talk about romance: Romance die off max of 1year after wedding. Once children starts coming in, just say bye to romance because the woman will transfer the feelings and romance to the children. Kissing would be seasonal, breast would be flabby making smooching uninteresting. The only romance women know in marriage is to ask for money or saddle responsibility on you. Let me stop here abeg..If you have contrary experience, kindly share, I want to learn. I am talking from experience as a married man. Peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by Kaycee54321(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
Marvieduke:

Make you no go wound ooo

cheesy
Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by ikechukwu21(m): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2019
Greatdre:
Lol..Nice tread..Many people think marriage is tantamount to free romance, free sex and enjoyment..Don't be deceived. Marriage is more of emotional and psychological challenges than the freebies stated above. Marriage is work. Too much responsibilities can even weaken your erection. Let me burst your brain, it easier to get free sex when single than when married. Reasons: You are bound by marriage vows, you can't seek for sex outside your wife. If your wife is not in the mood, no sex. If your wife is not happy with you, no sex. Responsibilities also make women not to be in the mood for sex. Lets talk about romance: Romance die off max of 1year after wedding. Once children starts coming in, just say bye to romance because the woman will transfer the feelings and romance to the children. Kissing would be seasonal, breast would be flabby making smooching uninteresting. The only romance women know in marriage is to ask for money or saddle responsibility on you. Let me stop here abeg..If you have contrary experience, kindly share, I want to learn. I am talking from experience as a married man. Peace

My brother this kind truth dey heavy to read and digest o. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
Marriage is interesting, very interesting. I don't know about others but the reason I think I'm happy in my marriage is luck. I can't say I'm a better man than my friends who have issues in their marriages. I just happen to have a wife who is almost a female version of me, so most things just go in sync, our thoughts, similar attitude to life and reaction to issues, ideologies etc. It pretty much reduces conflicts. Before I got married, I had some girls whom I used to have issues with mainly because we were practically opposite and any little thing can become an issue.

That is not to say that I do not compromise or ignore certain situations for peace to reign but generally, my marriage is still fun because my wife and I are generally very compatible.

I sympathize with those with turbulent marriages. You can be the good man or woman who wants things to work but you are just unfortunate to have a partner who wants to make your life hell.

1 Like

Re: Is It Romance And Fun All The Way In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
Greatdre:

You should work on improving your experience.

I know couples married for 13+ years still having the romance going.

(1) (Reply)

A Juice Company Needs Distributors Nationwide / "I Don't Buy Cigarette For People,did I Go Against My Principle? Must Read / Ladies Doing Wig And Weavon Businesses, Please I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.