Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,028 members, 7,928,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:36 AM

Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If We Release Him – DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If We Release Him – DSS (388 Views)

If We Release Names, List Of Looters In NDDC, Nigeria Will Break — Committee / Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If Released By Us, DSS Claims / Police Officer Who Was Killed By Vehicle In Ekiti State, Buried Amid Tears. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If We Release Him – DSS by TITOPE(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/11/sowore-may-be-knocked-down-by-vehicle.html

The Department of State Services, DSS, on Tuesday said it can’t release, Omoyele Sowore, convener of RevolutionNow Movement from its detention facility because he may be knocked down by a vehicle on his way out.

DSS spokesperson, Peter Afunanya made the disclosure while addressing journalists in Abuja.

Afunanya said, “We cannot just release Sowore and ask him to go because he may be knocked down by a vehicle at the gate.”

Pointing out that Sowore’s lawyer, Femi Falana, was yet to come forward and fetch him from their facility, Afunanya said the Senior lawyer had not been to the headquarters of the service since the activist was granted bail.

He maintained that the secret police was following administrative procedures by insisting that Sowore’s sureties come forward for proper documentation.

“We respect rules and orders of the court and there was never a time the Director-General said he would not release Sowore,” he said.

Sowore is currently held in custody of the secret police against court order.

A Federal High Court in Abuja had recently ordered the release of Sowore alongside Olawale Adebayo.

The DSS is yet to comply with the order and claimed that no surety had come to take Sowore on bail.

Few weeks ago, a group of protesters led by Deji Adeyanju alleged that they were given N1m to stop the protest demanding Sowore’s release.

The DSS, however, said it will release Sowore if his sureties come forward for documentation.

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Re: Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If We Release Him – DSS by gloriaunobi(f): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
None of my business since GEJ is a gonna
Re: Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If We Release Him – DSS by ursullalinda(f): 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lol.... DSS is just doing anyhow.....knowing how lawless the system is.....well Sowore is reaping the fruit of his labour
Re: Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If We Release Him – DSS by scrapNG: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
hahaha... that must be political DSS.. not the original one
Re: Sowore May Be Knocked Down By Vehicle If We Release Him – DSS by harry2sexy(m): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
ursullalinda:
Lol.... DSS is just doing anyhow.....knowing how lawless the system is.....well Sowore is reaping the fruit of his labour
Oh please shut it. How many times have you wished death on all of Nigeria's leaders since 2000. I remember early year 2000, it was all about vision 2020 where Nigeria will become the greatest nation in the world with strong economic policies but 2020 is just 2 months away and things have become worse than they were 20 years ago.

I may not like Sowore or his mannerism but he was bold enough to challenge a failed system and he got gagged for it, something every teenager longs for except you are living in the moon.
Come out of your Single room with a public toilet and see the number of child traders risking their lives on the highway, they never asked to be born into penury.
So if I were you, I'll shut up and pray that Nigeria doesn't kill me because as it stands, Death has become a normal thing in Nigeria thanks to myopic cowards like you.

apart from the perfection of corruption, what else works in Nigeria

We are in debts globally;
Our foreign reserve is at an all time red;
Health care is zero;
Educational facilities are dead;
Roads are bad;
Crime is at an all time high;

Sowore must have seen where all these will lead to and urge his compatriots on saying that if things go this way, in the next 20years, there will be no Nigeria.
Like I'll always say, if you can run away now, do it cause soon, we all will be trapped here and all the nations of the world will reject your green passport, by then, it will be a full-blown dog eat dog Nation
#Selah

(1) (Reply)

We'll Force Boko Haram To Surrender, Says Military / Using Uduaghan’s Achievements As Yardstick, Deltans Pass Vote Of No Confidence O / Buhari; Punch Newspaper Calls Him "Major General". I Call Him "Anikulapo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.