Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,967 members, 7,890,185 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:37 AM

What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? (1272 Views)

Naija Gurls Killing It. / Why Do Gurls Carry Big Bags? / Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by Chubhie: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
To me i think being a tomboy gurl is annoying.i have a sis who wld dress like a guy,act like one,in fact will nt plait her hair dt it bcame annoying dt i have to tel her to shave it which she did gladly,she even walks like a guy 2!
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by Dsense(m): 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
And what's wrong with that undecided
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by InkedNerd(f): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
Chubhie:

To me i think being a tomboy gurl is annoying.i have a sis who wld dress like a guy,act like one,in fact will nt plait her hair dt it bcame annoying dt i have to tel her to shave it which she did gladly,she even walks like a guy 2!

What's wrong with her being a tomboy? Ya know the idea of acting and dressing like a boy is something that is socially constructed?
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by omega25red(m): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2010
some would say your sister is on the road to being a lesbian but even that who cares let her be and stop micro managing her life
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by iice(f): 4:58am On Nov 20, 2010
loool
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by excoba101: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2010
What's wrong with her being a tomboy? Ya know the idea of acting and dressing like a boy is something that is socially constructed?

Year right! We guys didn't noticed that we also have brea5t and we menstruate too. Since we all look the same there is no need calling one male and the other one female. Right?
And no need to differentiate our clothing styles. They were all socially constructed, infact the looks of male and female were also socially manufactured.

You should try dressing like a guy too.

@Poster
It is a sickness.
An inclination to the spirit of the present system of devilish policies which permits her it in the name of let's try new things, let's be democratic etc. And even though within us we know it is wrong but as long as she likes it, then its OK.  grin

It is also called the spirit of it was socially constructed  grin grin grin

THE SEARCH FOR HAPPINESS HAS TURN HUMANS TO UNORGANIZED ANIMALS
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2010
Its there preference.

Chubhie:

To me i think being a tomboy gurl is annoying.i have a sis who wld dress like a guy,act like one,[b]in fact will nt plait her hair dt it bcame annoying dt i have to tel her to shave it which she did gladly,[/b]she even walks like a guy 2!
You just made dat up dude right? grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by InkedNerd(f): 1:30am On Nov 21, 2010
excoba101:

Year right! We guys didn't noticed that we also have brea5t and we menstruate too. Since we all look the same there is no need calling one male and the other one female. Right?
And no need to differentiate our clothing styles. They were all socially constructed, infact the looks of male and female were also socially manufactured.

You should try dressing like a guy too.

@Poster
It is a sickness.
An inclination to the spirit of the present system of devilish policies which permits her it in the name of let's try new things, let's be democratic etc. And even though within us we know it is wrong but as long as she likes it, then its OK.  grin

It is also called the spirit of it was socially constructed  grin grin grin

THE SEARCH FOR HAPPINESS HAS TURN HUMANS TO UNORGANIZED ANIMALS

There's no yeah right about it. Its not a matter of looking different or menstruation. If you haven't noticed, those are biological factors. How a person dressed is based on the social make up which they interact and encounter in their lives. If you had been raised in an environment were it is socially acceptable for man to wear a dress then it would have been the normal for you because within that society, that considered ok for a man. For example, within fafanini culture, fafnini men are men who are men who are raised as women since childhood. Their existence as fafanini men is solely based on the society their based on the societal roles of women which are perceived and socially structured and.
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 21, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

There's no yeah right about it. Its not a matter of looking different or menstruation. If you haven't noticed, those are biological factors. How a person dressed is based on the social make up which they interact and encounter in their lives. If you had been raised in an environment were it is socially acceptable for man to wear a dress then it would have been the normal for you because within that society, that considered ok for a man. For example, within fafanini culture, fafnini men are men who are men who are raised as women since childhood. Their existence as fafanini men is solely based on the society their based on the societal roles of women which are perceived and socially structured and.

based on this "example", can we then coclude that sexual orientation is a social costruct as well?
Re: What Is Your Take On Tomboy Gurls? by tolusaliu: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2010
am back with cool stuffs for you all,am selling italian design shirts for office and casual use ,marks & spencers T-Shirts,TM shirts,prada trousers,gucci trousers,fred frank trousers,D&G trousers,TM,PAUL SMITH,NEXT executive ties with cuff links which are very expensive in boutiques for as low as N3500 and if buying more than one N3000 each.Hurry up now before they are all gone or better still call me to book it down for you so that you still meet them.And once again thank you to all our former esteem customers.

AFOLABI

O8O51175869, 08137391263

THANK YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Behind D Scenes With Wizboyy & Ikechukwu @ D “fotojenik” Video Shoot / Model Linda Kamara Flaunts It All. / For Sale- An Orange Strapless Embroded Gown Size 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.