Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,395 members, 7,968,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:08 PM

"Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child (25661 Views)

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by tweakdude1: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2019
Last born is always childish regardless of their age.

3 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Divay22(f): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2019
I'm one.
Funny thing, I don't know how people will just see me and calculate I'm a last born.
I got extra for everything. Money o, food o, including beating and yelling.

2 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Lazerone(f): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2019
Abeg, check out the forgotten wonder of the world, a monastery of three religions - Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism ; hanging off a cliff in China.
http://prodesigners.com.ng/ancient-hanging-monastery-in-china-still-stands-till-date/
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Ekpekus(m): 8:05am On Nov 21, 2019
dayo229:
There are many stereotypes that come with being the youngest child in the family although not always necessarily true. Considered the 'runt of the litter', the youngest siblings gets away with a lot and are always considered 'the baby of the family'.

Keep reading for things you can relate to if you are the youngest sibling.

1. You get away with more

Every youngest sibling knows that they get away with more than their eldest siblings can imagine. Parents tend to be less strict by the time they have their last child having had parenting experience with the older children. Due to the leniency, youngest siblings are able to push the limits on rules in a way that their older ones couldn't.

2. Scared of getting attacked

More often than not, younger means weaker so there is always that constant fear of being bullied or teased by an older sibling. Whether is is the fear being roughhoused or talked back at, older siblings pose a threat.

3. You're always referred To As "the Baby"

You will always be the baby of the family no matter your age. Whether you're five, 10, 21, or 64, your mother will always introduce you to her friends as "the baby." And, unfortunately, this is usually accompanied by the infamous cheek pinching.

4. Your wardrobe is full of hand-me-downs

Youngest siblings have a wardrobe filled majorly with hand-me-downs from older siblings but the bright side of this is that it teaches you how to make the best with the least.

5. Older siblings always have your back

You may argue often with your older siblings or get into fights with them but when push comes to shove, they got you. They are always there to offer assistance and guidance so that you don't end up making the same mistakes they did.

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/11/5-things-you-can-relate-to-as-youngest.html?m=1
Differs from home to home..
Pls add: As the last born dem go send you errands tire..
You go wash dishes and toilet wella
You go still chop beating from your elder ones and you dare not talk back or try to retaliate otherwise e don be for you.
You go collect pocket money from every grin
Finally, double ration of food is guaranteed grin

3 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by makydebbie(f): 8:12am On Nov 21, 2019
I can relate with point 4. grin
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by damtan(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2019
So many last borns on NL. No wonder many dey misbehave
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Lonelypacifist6: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2019
NOS 1,4,5 Are false, at least for me.
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2019
Am a laste born, but I carry my load I don't even see myself as last born,

Because I want to be self made billionaire or trillonira Keep me busy all day all night so I don't have time since when I dey 5 years old

3 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Ursulaa(f): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2019
I can relate to all of them... grin
Am not the last born tho
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Nickisindigo(m): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2019
I grow up not wanting to do house chores to wash my clothes sef nah problem
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Valwezzy: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2019
Pearl05:

They are always brilliant, but why won't they? Their clothes were washed for them just so they will do their homework. They don't cook, can't do dishes, hardly sweep. The time you will use to argue and get them do something is more than enough for you to do same and have some change.

grin grin i swear, getting them to sweep or do any house chores is like a herculean task. grin
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by weedfada(m): 9:03am On Nov 21, 2019
Valwezzy:

grin grin i swear, getting them to sweep or do any house chores is like a herculean task. grin

Hmm...it depends on the house o. Back then, I worked my life out. I washed heaven ad Earth tire... But I never lacked tho, was always paid up. I was always the first to get any latest gadjet amongst my friends. What I'm still struggling with till now is that "sense of entitlement".

2 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Nnamebuka: 9:31am On Nov 21, 2019
weedfada:

Hmm...it depends on the house o. Back then, I worked my life out. I washed heaven ad Earth tire... But I never lacked tho, was always paid up. I was always the first to get any latest gadjet amongst my friends. What I'm still struggling with till now is that "sense of entitlement".
That's the down side of giving in to every demand of children.
Guess you'll correct it with your children (last born or not).

3 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by lovingyouhun: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:
Every child has their own challenge regardless of birth order.

Are you jealous because you are not a last born?

1 Like

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2019
embarassed
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by myfan: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2019
You are automatically the house errand boy/girl. Everybody always want to send you

1 Like

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by midnighter(f): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2019
myfan:
You are automatically the house errand boy/girl. Everybody always want to send you

Hm that's if we can trust you people to do it well and not purposely mess the thing up so that you will quickly go back and watch cartoon mtchew!

1 Like

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by maynation(f): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2019
I didn't even experience any of these, maybe just 5 sha.

We are just two and my only brother is like 11 years older.

2 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by myfan: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2019
midnighter:

Hm that's if we can trust you people to do it well and not purposely mess the thing up so that you will quickly go back and watch cartoon mtchew!

I mean go and buy me recharge card, coke, soap, detergent etc

1 Like

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by dave4rella(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2019
grin

I'm the last out of 10 siblings
I hustle like a homeless person
I get all the necessary assistance I need from my siblings
Don't know the last time I cooked in my house
I have 5homes to eat in this town

Then the work, I go on errands
I could wash 5 cars in a morning.. During Xmas times in the village.
I still sleep in my mums bedroom often
Getting married soon, I pray a woman doesn't separate our bond, rather she should join in...
Will equally treat her mum like mine

5 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by NACE13: 11:21am On Nov 21, 2019
Last Born Association of Nigeria, South South branch headquarters
Omo them send me message die. I grew with the mentality of doing things myself because there's no one to send little errands. Till date it is hard for me to send little kids on errands.
I was stubborn as fvck while growing up but my big brothers use beating and intimidation reset my head. I became a weakling at a point till i got into the university and reclaimed my old self where i had to defend myself.

No regrets being the last child. I had full access to all what my older siblings didn't have, especially after they all graduated from the university, it was like all their pocket money was chanelled to my account. Sweet!

2 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by daisy004(f): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2019
things I love abt being a last born
(yeah am proudly one) is that
1) You will always have the advantage of age on your syd, for example while my older ones finished secondary school in their late teens.I graduated at the age of 16.
2)You get to learn from their mistakes
3)You always be the darling of the family including ur extended family esp when u are a female.I enjoy the attention a lot.
4)for those last born who are very funny and mischievous like me you become d light of d family i.e no dull moment when u are at home
5)Ur parents get it ryt with u having used ur siblings to learn.
6) even if there's no money in d FAM everybody go join hand train u 4 skul

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by kalvoken(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Biingoo: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Whatsapp has being banned in China
Still not an excuse though. angry
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by nlPoster: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
kalvoken:
grin grin grin

Folks please stop reposting this demonic picture especially since you dont identify what it is and also so you are not wishing evil on people who dont even know you and who you dont associate with.

Seriously though, why are Nigerians every thought inclined towards evil?
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by BlackBovi: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
dayo229:
There are many stereotypes that come with being the youngest child in the family although not always necessarily true. Considered the 'runt of the litter', the youngest siblings gets away with a lot and are always considered 'the baby of the family'.

Keep reading for things you can relate to if you are the youngest sibling.

1. You get away with more

Every youngest sibling knows that they get away with more than their eldest siblings can imagine. Parents tend to be less strict by the time they have their last child having had parenting experience with the older children. Due to the leniency, youngest siblings are able to push the limits on rules in a way that their older ones couldn't.

2. Scared of getting attacked

More often than not, younger means weaker so there is always that constant fear of being bullied or teased by an older sibling. Whether is is the fear being roughhoused or talked back at, older siblings pose a threat.

3. You're always referred To As "the Baby"

You will always be the baby of the family no matter your age. Whether you're five, 10, 21, or 64, your mother will always introduce you to her friends as "the baby." And, unfortunately, this is usually accompanied by the infamous cheek pinching.

4. Your wardrobe is full of hand-me-downs

Youngest siblings have a wardrobe filled majorly with hand-me-downs from older siblings but the bright side of this is that it teaches you how to make the best with the least.

5. Older siblings always have your back

You may argue often with your older siblings or get into fights with them but when push comes to shove, they got you. They are always there to offer assistance and guidance so that you don't end up making the same mistakes they did.

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/11/5-things-you-can-relate-to-as-youngest.html?m=1
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Jesuspikin8: 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
gr8tone:
They are mostly lazy.
They like so much pleasure.
They offer less help to the family, they would rather want to be help.
Marrying a last born girl is like marrying a pet
rotfl
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Youngzedd(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2019
abumeinben:
Las LA's, na you go wash plates, sweep, run errands tire.

angry

They turned me into a family cook.

If my mum's mouth open, it's my name that will come out �.

There was a day I was asking my mum if I am the only one in this house.

2 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by PlaysNigeria: 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
This article is total bullsh*t, you making it feel like the last born are the weaker ones, can't relate to any this...
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by nlPoster: 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
Youngzedd:

They turned me into a family cook.

If my mum's mouth open, it's my name that will come out �.

There was a day I was asking my mum if I am the only one in this house.

Talk to your mum, not nairaland.
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Youngzedd(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:

Talk to your mum, not nairaland.

STFU

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Takes His Wife's Underwear To His Church For Prayers / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / 1-Day-Old Baby Found In A River In Osun (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.