Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,944 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again (8952 Views)

Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu / Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by JosEast(m): 8:27am On Nov 21, 2019
The chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Professor Itse Sagay, yesterday urged President Muhammadu Buhari to again approach the Senate to confirm Ibrahim Magu as substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. Sagay made the call in Abuja when he led other members of PACAC on a visit to the acting chairman of the EFCC, Magu. He said since Magu took over the leadership of the commission in 2015, he had demonstrated firmness and courage in the fight against corruption.

He said: “The EFCC (under Magu) is a body that has surpassed every other organization, past and present, in the fight against corruption. When something is good, when you see merit, dedication, courage…I think it’s (not fair) to say you are looking for something else.” “In our view, the acting chairman deserves everything, including being given a substantive appointment. Magu is an uncompromising person as far as corruption is concerned. We, PACAC, are solidly behind Magu and the EFCC”. He also said it was now difficult to steal public funds due to the efficacy of the anti-corruption war of the current administration.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/seek-senates-confirmation-for-magu-again-sagay-tells-buhari.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Danzakidakura(m): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2019
Rubber stamp senate, we have never had it this bad.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by sweetonugbu: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2019
illegalities going on in this country erika, kwontinuo piting kwaraption with kwaraption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Antoeni(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Washing and Setting Senators

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by princejayy(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
I wish Sagay can be our president by 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Pabloosas(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by wisino1(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
I thought they said he doesn't need Senate confirmation they should allow him continue in acting capacity

2 Likes

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by netpro(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Magu is the right man for the job at the moment. He is not the only one, but he sure is good for it.

Corrupt politicians and yahoo boys can wail all they want.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by clefstone(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Sagay is a disappointment. Did he see what happened in Kogi. Did he witness how the Buhari government and the rubber stamp Senate gifted Yahaya Bello N10bn of our common wealth on the eve of the gubernatorial election in Kogi. And he has the audacity to say it is now more difficult to steal public fund? No, Mr Sagay, stealing is now institutionalized such that rigging money is given official state approval.
I spit on you SirGAY, I spit on your Professorship, I spit on your SAN title. You are a shame

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Write4me(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2019
Yes...like double promotion.
Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by superior1: 8:45am On Nov 21, 2019
Sagay because of his belly has turned to a full time mumu and rubber stamp for lawlessness of goro chopper

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by israelmao(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2019
Of course Magu will be back,as long as Buhari is still ruling.

1 Like

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Thor2025: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok

Meanwhile, follow my signature link.
Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by englishmart(m): 8:47am On Nov 21, 2019
He's saying it so that it won't look like Baba initiated the thought. If Buhari wants Nigeria to change her name to Zoogeria, the acting Senate will pass it in the next plenary

10 Likes

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by chrisxxx(m): 8:47am On Nov 21, 2019
I have predicted this a long time ago. I wish I could find where I predicted this. This is why Lawan was made the Senate President. Now it s a goal.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Ihutomi: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2019
Old cargos,with outdated thinking, Nigeria is going backwards oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by RZArecta2(m): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2019
This senile bat Itse Sagay is a major embarrassment to everyone who looked up to him, the true definition of a stomach infrastructure hustler. Why back a man with damning DSS reports against him for humongous corrupt practices ? Well, he’s only dancing to the body language of the jihadist In Aso Rock cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Brandstudio01: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2019
It's a job made easy for him this time
Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Germi9: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Oyes..because it's a rubber fitted Senate hence the need to bring up Magu confirmation saga, because the rubber stamp Senate will rush for it's approval..#childsplay

2 Likes

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by heckymaicon(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2019
#Lovespeech

Which buhari? Is it the dead one or jubril El sudani wey Aisha dey avoid like Ebola?

Abeg buhari is dead since 2017.

The more you lookulooku the less you see.

1 Like

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2019
corruption over rule running the country like a sole proprietor business

1 Like

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Valwezzy: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Magu only knows how to go after petty yahoo boys while the main G-Men are running the affairs of the nation.

Whatever happened to him going after Tinubu and his two bullion Vans sad sad.
Magu is just a puppet, little wonder Sagay wants Buhari to make him EFCC's permanent chairman.

As for Mr. SirGay, he's just a shameless mo'fucker with no single integrity left in him.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by rofanx13: 8:50am On Nov 21, 2019
If Magu is like the way you described him, how come he has not investigated Tinubu, since Adeyanju submitted a petition that he claimed nobody has submitted petition?

Sagay, associating with this administration has brought out the beast in you. No single integrity left in you

2 Likes

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by adesegun121(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Jonasbadoo(m): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2019
princejayy:
I wish Sagay can be our president by 2023
our president?
Better be careful oh undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Factfinder1(m): 8:56am On Nov 21, 2019
Rubber stamp Senate wants to approve magu Las Las... The guy dry try Sha but thier corruption fight is a sham...

1 Like

Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by sunshineV(f): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2019
Huawei y9 2019 for sale #55k Contact 0902135044 6 now
Re: Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again by Racoon(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Scam Statistics From NBS / How State Govts Cheat Oil-Producing Communities In Use Of 13% Derivation Fund / Lagos Begins Stop And Search Tax Policy. Slams N0.62m Tax On Luxury Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.