Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,920 members, 7,883,211 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:21 AM

Never Forget To Bleed - By Prince Kabal - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Never Forget To Bleed - By Prince Kabal (317 Views)

Before I Bleed / Dark In The Woods - By Prince Kabal / My Village Prince And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never Forget To Bleed - By Prince Kabal by Inteltower: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2019
The story begins with just a normal day that suddenly turns to a fight and race for survival for a young boy who was being selected for elimination and now exposed to an unknown secret system and organizations that would change the course of his life.

Written by Prince Kabal

other Novels being currently written and updated include:

1) Dark in the Woods

2) Superman & Cinderella
Re: Never Forget To Bleed - By Prince Kabal by Inteltower: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2019
Chapter 1

It was a sunny afternoon at a residential street, at a particular residence, Churchill was I'm his room being busy on his on his laptop while also listening to music with his headset. He was 19 years of age and a college student. He lives with his mom Barbara and step father Davidson. He is an intelligent boy, very social but at times introverted; with a lot always on his mind. He likes to read a lot and also do computer stuff that had earned him a scholarship at the University his schooling at.
An agreement ensued downstairs outside his room, it was between his mother and Davidson. Davidson had constantly been an abusive husband and step father in the family and such scenes had partly shaped Churchill's introverted personality. Churchill couldn't hear what was going, but after a few minutes he removes his headset, gets up to stretch and work around, he now hears the argument happening but was reluctant to go and find out what is was all about, rather in lazy steps he goes to his window to catch a view on what's happening in the neighborhood. He sees a beautiful blonde teenage girl that he always admired since childhood that was walking pass by along with another guy and girl. He really cherished the sight of her from his window but was too chicken to really express his feelings to her. A loud smashed object coming from downstairs got his attention and generated a worry as the arguement increased horribly prompting Churchill to storm out of his room in quick pace to find out what was going on.

Churchill have always had his reservations for the man his mother married after his original father abandoned his mother and him while he was eight years old. His mother had a decent job working at a supermarket while his step dad had no work at the moment having been recently fired from his work at a fire service station. Thus; it left his mom incurring more of the financial responsibility in the family. Barbara had to cope with the abusive marriage for the past ten years because of her only son who she believed needed a father figure. Its been an up and down marriage for her even though her son had questioned her a couple of times on putting up with John who he strongly despise for the bad way treats both of them.

Churchill makes his way down the stairs and looks around to know where the argument was coming from; noises of fallen broken plates followed by the continuing loud argument alerted him to the direction of the kitchen, he quickens his steps in perplexed curiosity and worry. Entering the kitchen he could see his mother down at one corner of floor and sees his step father towering over her, Churchill moves quickly and pushes him a bit away from her mom and then bends to draw her up.

"Superman to the rescue, you are nothing but a nuisance" John shouted
"Bleep off John, mom I told you to divorce this man" he yells back at him
"Churchill no" Barbara pleaded
[Laughs] "listen to me boy" he grabs him by the neck, separating him from helping his mother up who went back down, his step father then turns him around to face him
"Leave him alone John" Barbara pleaded continuously as she tries to get on her feet

Churchill tries freeing himself from him but couldn't.

"I have told you to...
"Never.....(he slaps Churchill)
"disrespect...(he slaps him again)
"me boy....(and hits him the third time)

John reluctantly pushes Churchill away which led to his falling to the ground with his cheeks glowing red and a resounding ache in his head which made him feel dazed while on the floor. His mother gets up and tries going to attend to him to see if he was ok but her husband grabbed her by the hand, drawing her away from him"

"You bitch, I said prepare me my meal right now, do what I say now unless you want superman Churchill to get another kryptonite of a slap"
"Please no ooo, John why are you doing this" Barbara cries out
"Shut the Bleep up you bitch" he walks up to her and grabs her by the neck leaning his furious face back at her
"Please stop, please, please" Barbara weeps as she pleads to him

Churchill was slowly making his way back up and sees the abuse his step dad was afflicting on his mother. In getting up, he legs were wobbly as he was still feeling the effects of the hard slaps he received, he supports himself with the kitchen desk right behind while using one hand to hold his head.

"You are useless to me woman, now get cooking bitch"

With a vicious force he pushes her to the kitchen gas cooker, Barbara clashed on it and went down to the ground along with a few kitchen utensils. Meanwhile a police car was just arriving and parking right in front of the Churchill's home. They were called by concerned neighbors that were around at that time who were clearly hearing the loud arguments and objects breaking from the house. Two police men alighted from the vehicle and proceeded on their way to the house, there were already few gathered neighbors and bystanders at the scene that were curious and concerned on what was going on.

"Hey !!!" said Churchill

This draws the attention of his step dad who turned and was quickly surprised to Churchill wielding a kitchen knife that he pointed at him. This instigated an instinct from the man who was now slowly raising surrendering his both hands on air.

"Boy.. drop that knife down"
"No you animal" Churchill countered while momentarily holding his aching head
"I said lower the knife down goddamit"
"Shut the Bleep up John, mother, mother are you okay, mother" he calls out

Barbara was slowly getting up on her feet but was dazed as well trying to get up, the back door slowly opens and out came out was a hand wielding a gun; it was one of the cops, the other had followed front to also make his way in. John notices this and quickly devised a plan in his head.

"Please boy, lower the knife, don't kill us, that crack you are taking is not good for you" John twisted

Churchill was curiously surprised and confused on what he just said. The cop was now in and silently walked coming from behind the boy he saw with a kitchen knife. He also takes a good look at the scenerio; even the lady that he sees was getting back up on the floor. The cop promptly deduced that the young man was the threat to the couples.

"What are you saying ?" asked Churchill
"Churchill drop the knife we your parents and we love you, see what that crack is doing to your head"

John was selling this lie in a convincing way capitalizing on the fact that Churchill was constantly holding his head with one of his hand. He knew if was arrested that he might be sentenced to imprisonment for battery and assault.
Churchill's mom had gotten up to see his son wielding a knife and panicked when she saw coming behind him.

"Churchill please lower the knife" her mom pleaded
"Mom are you okay ?"
"Of course she is okay by telling you to put the knife down, look at what you have done to your mother" John again narrowed his lie
"Shut up, what are you saying" Churchill countered
"Kid this is NYPD, put the the knife down.."

Right there Churchill realizes what was clearly going on and why his step father was acting strange. Churchill looks back to see the cop and then turns looking at his parents, John wore a little smile on his face while still surrendering his hands on air.

"You think you are smart" Churchill tells him
"Freeze" says the other cop that gradually enters the kitchen having entered through the front door.
Barbara sees two guns pointing at her only son and was weeping profusely while begging the cops not to shoot him. She pleads to her son to drop the knife, but Churchill seemed paused as he was confused on the whole situation.

"Mother" he calls out while trying to come to her
"Don't take another step boy, drop the knife down" the cop who was now right beside Barbara warns him
"Drop the knife" the cop from behind yelled again
"Drop the knife kiddo, I warned you Barbara that you were spoiling this child too much" John voiced
"Shut up scumbag and stop yelling at my mother"
"Kid just lower the knife" the cop in front of him calmly tells him

Churchill sees his mother crying and read the fear off her knowing if anything were to happen to him at that moment his mom might not recover from it. He then complies and drops the knife on the floor.

"Now put your hands behind your head" the cop from behind ordered

Churchill reluctantly obeys, the cop from behind walks up to him cautiously, he puts his gun back on his gun pouche and then brings out a handcuff to arrest the young boy.

"Police officer you don't understand" Churchill tries explaining
"Please you have right to remain silent, because anything you say can be used against in the court of law"
"Leave my son please, he has done nothing wrong, it was just an argument" she pleads to the cop beside her who had lowered his gun down
"Its his fault sir, he is the one assaulting me and my mother" The boy voiced out
"How can you twist all this on me Churchill, I know you hate me but why trying to ruin your life and wanting to kill us"
"You keep quiet, officer please my son is innocent of what's happening here" Barbara warns John and then appealed to the cop
"Mam; you and your husband need to come down to the police station to give your statement, there will ascertain the incident that has just occurred here"
"But sir please, this isn't fair, I did nothing" yeah life ain't fair boy

The cop takes him away as both were now leaving kitchen following through the back door. The other cop followed suit, then Churchill's mother who kept appealing to the officers, John was the last to follow them just to keep lie going; he pretends to appeal. Barbara was so confused on what was happening, flustered and anxious was written all over her. All making their way out and now in front of the house, they were met with bystanders and neighbors who stood watching what was going on and murmuring amongst themselves. Churchill just didn't know what else to say, it was really an embarrassing moment for him and his mother, he saw the girl he had admired for so long right there amongst the crowd looking at him, while being ushered into the police vehicle he then could see awful sorry state of his mother earnestly appealing and trying to explain what had happened. He was still shocked in the well performed act being played by step father who when their eyes met smiled mischievously back at him. The cops didn't want to listen but entered the car and drove off. Churchill takes a look from the back windshield of the car to see his mom that was sorrowfully watching him leave and bring consoled by a few of her friends, while his step father marches in back to the house.

To be continued...

By Prince Kabal

(1) (Reply)

My Introversion, My Oxford Dictionary. / Unshackled (part 3) / Screaming Voices (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.