Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,438 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:37 AM

Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech (24870 Views)

Obi, Datti Will Be Punished For Hate Speech If Tinubu Wins - Femi Fani-Kayode / Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG / 'Someone Trying To Frame Me' - Man Whose Picture Was Used For Hate Speech Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by KenMosi: 10:58am On Nov 21, 2019
4 bedroom bungalow mansion for SALE in 33 ONITSHA

Asking price is 16 million naira
Call/chat owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a 4 bedroom extra large bungalow, it has a small sitting room and a big sitting room, all the rooms has toilet/bathroom, it has a standard kitchen with store, the sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 standard dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by RTSC: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2019
This is what you have when barely educated abokiis are put in power.

The worst place on earth cannot make Nigeria the best place on earth.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Sleekfun: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2019
Kill one babalawo pikin that is a blogger in reference to the hate speech, then we shall see a new Nigeria, when the Oracle will avenge .
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Ayasayas(m): 11:24am On Nov 21, 2019
Useless Nigerians, why will they give death penalty for hate speech when they have not approve death penalty for cultism, rubbery and other serious offenses.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by justli: 11:46am On Nov 21, 2019
We must understand that the goal of this bill is not to pass death sentence on hate speech, but to eventually get to the point where sever penalty would be placed on "hate speech", in which case, the aim would have been achieved: gag freedom of speech.

Our freedom to say our mind must be fought for and defended.

We look at America and other sane European clime where people's right are protected and we tend to think that's the default policy.

The truth is, those people have wrestled their govt to the point where govt begin to listen and respect them.

Shame on the so called educated Nigerians. Cowardice personified.

People who can't fight for anything will die for nothing.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Mindlesskid: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2019
I don't understand what you mean by keep quiet.
heckymaicon:

Keep quiet
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by LZAA: 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
[quote author=helinues post=84228224][/quote]
Shatap
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by ritika12: 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
great post! thanks to visit here.
http://nbi-clearance.site/
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by KenMosi: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
4 bedroom bungalow mansion for SALE in ONITSHA.Asking price is 16 million naira, call/chat with the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a 4 mansion bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bathroom, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Rolex66: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
Whoever drafted that bill should be stoned with rotten eggs and rotten tomatoes. Useless legislators.

Hate speech is abhorred but not to the extent of advocating for the hanging of the culprits. Stop making Nigeria a laughing stock.

You haven't hanged your colleagues that pocket constituency projects funds. You are redundant and obsolete. The green chambers and the red chambers should be scraped. We don't need the assembly of comedians masquerading as reps and senators.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by nospmoht(m): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
They did nt suggest dealt penalty 4 terrorism, they are here talking about hate speech. Hate speech kee una for that senate building.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by BlackBovi: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
Islie:

Chuks Okocha

The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) wednesday rejected the proposed death penalty for hate speech in the bill at the National Assembly.

The governors also resolved to conclude negotiations with labour unions on the implementation of the N30,000 minimum wage before the December 31 deadline.

The governors spoke to journalists last night at the end of their seventh meeting in Abuja, which was presided over by the Vice Chiarman of the NGF and Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal.

Tambuwal urged the National Assembly to conduct a public hearing on the hate speech bill to aggregate the views of Nigerians.

“I’m not sure I have heard any governor come out to say he is in support of the death penalty for hate speech.

“I believe that the National Assembly should hold a public hearing on that bill, so that due process of lawmaking is followed.

“This is so that the views of Nigerians, not just the governors, will be well captured on that bill and they (National Assembly) should respect the views of Nigerians in whatever may be the direction of debate and the eventual passage or otherwise of that bill.”

Tambuwal pledged the commitment of states to the implementation of the minimum wage and improved welfare of workers.

“Before December, all the states must have finished working out the details on the issue of the minimum wage across the federation.

At the meeting, the governors committed to working with the Independent Verification Agent to ensure that the APA process did not experience delay.

The forum, among other resolutions, also expressed commitment to the initiative to advance value added activities in agriculture, access to finance and women economic development.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/11/21/govs-reject-death-penalty-for-hate-speech/

Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by johnad3(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
Anyone who brings the notion of death penalty for hate speech is the enemy of this country cus economy is bad people will surely talk with anger when they see their dream is difficult to come to fruition and someone is out there clamouring for death for hate speech? Oh Lord deliver me from my friends, i can take good care of my enemies
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Holysuck(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
[quote author=Toks2008 post=84229502]

HAPPY birthday son.[/[color=#990000][/color]quote]
Thank you bro
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Toks2008(m): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
[quote author=Holysuck post=84239050][/quote]

Lol! Call me dad. I decree long life upon you in Jesus name.

That talent that you have that you are thinking if it will work for you will take you places.

Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Holysuck(m): 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
Toks2008:

Lol! Call me dad. I decree long life upon you in Jesus name.

That talent that you have that you are thinking if it will work for you will take you places.

Remain blessed
Thanks sir
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Vikynas: 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nigeria is fast asleep
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by EdiskyHarry: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
this is what happens when sensitive positions are being held by fools in the government, China is going very deep into science and technology, we are here deliberating on a death penalty for freedom of speech.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Bimpe29: 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
The useless must be thrown out of the Senate with immediate effect. Such a bill can only see the light of the day in a Banana Republic.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Mrexcell(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
Islie:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/11/21/govs-reject-death-penalty-for-hate-speech/

This hate speech bill will affect most apc members if its going to be enforced without any form of partiality that party was formed with deep hatred for some certain group of people in this ciuntry and also rose to power through hate speech.
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by YaxxVille(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
tstx:
DEATH PENALTY FOR HATE SPEECH

A SLAP ON THE WRIST FOR MONUMENTAL CORRUPTION..

I'm tired of Nigeria.. I'm tired of always thinking about Nigeria.. I'm tired of reading the news..

A friend once advised me to buy weed and eat small portion every morning... According to him I go dey trippy enough not to care and conscious enough to function properly... From the way things are going I go soon consider am

Voluntary Colonization voie à suivre
I'll recommend high grade Arizona
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Airtimex(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
udemzyudex:
Hahahaha.. for someone to even suggest death penalty for hate speech ,it shows the kind of useless people we have in government.

I tell you bro. So disappointed
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Lambkings(m): 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
This hate speech they are talking about i see it á away of silencing people not to speak their mind. ,.
I guess hate speech should start with corruption

Any corrupt person hate the progress of the country.. Let start from their and see
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Victor08032(m): 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
can you see what am seeing for hate speech that Buhari is trying to hammer out here?

IT BECAUSE WE ARE DEALING WITH ANOTHER BUHARI
THIS IS NOT BUHARI
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Southsoul: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
No death penalty for corruption in the government or death penalty for banditry in Kastina or death penalty for kidnappers in Kaduna road or death penalty for cabals or death penalty for unemployment in naijiriya or death penalty for maina or death penalty for buruntai or magu or death penalty for armed herdsmens my God am seriously tired to fast and pray for new Nigeria infact let's auction this zoogeria now so that we can rest
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Obdk: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
Edu3Again:
This tyrannical govt wants to silence Nigerians

Even Amnesty International is complaining

https://twitter.com/AmnestyNigeria/status/1197419031621488641

The Igbos, Niger Deltans , Yorubas &Middle Belt had better learn to speak with one voice
OR
Suffer together under this Fulani tyranny

Yoruba Muslims should speak wit same voice as thr fellow Christian Yoruba. We will start from thr

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Obdk: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
I believe the court should throw this away because it contradict freedom of speech
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by DedeNkem: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
The criminals at NASS will never created a law that would require a corrupt politician to be executed because they're all corrupt!

These thieves want to use this hate speech bill cr*ap to suppress freedom of speech!
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Banmeallday: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Edu3Again:
This tyrannical govt wants to silence Nigerians

Even Amnesty International is complaining

https://twitter.com/AmnestyNigeria/status/1197419031621488641

The Igbos, Niger Deltans , Yorubas &Middle Belt had better learn to speak with one voice
OR
Suffer together under this Fulani tyranny

That voice is for referendum
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Felalucky8(m): 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
Why not pass a bill of death penalty for corruption if found guilty .Which kind country be dis sef
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by Charly68: 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
Let's raise our voices against every antihuman laws in the land .
Re: Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech by udemzyudex(m): 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
Airtimex:

I tell you bro. So disappointed

The funny thing is that this law won't affect them because they always have a way turning it on their favour or bribe the judge.

How many poor man have the money to get a good lawyer?
Now we can't protest again because of the fear of being killed by police or army.
This is what Buhari's government has turn Nigeria to ,put fear in the mind of people so that Nigerians won't go out to protest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Bishop Presents Bible To Buhari / Governor Ayade Pays December Salary / Massive Defection From PDP To APC In Ekot Epenem Senatorial Districts Really (pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.