Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? (7090 Views)

DNA Test: Tunde Ayeni Says No Paternal Relationship With Adaobi Alagwu Daughter / Why Is It Always Difficult To Connect With Paternal Cousins Than Marternal Cousi / Paternal Family Are Against Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by crackhaus: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
Grasscutter:
They have removed my comments too cry it's a sad thing when people (moderators) cannot handle the truth.

Did I break any rule? By pointing out the obvious? I repeat shame on you/whoever has done so
Lmao cheesy

Rule 19: Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out.

After admitting in that hidden comment that this handle is an alternate in response to your main being banned maliciously, you still asked that question.

You're either extremely smart or extremely stvpid, no gray areas in-between for you. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by sweetmelanin(f): 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
crackhaus:

Lmao cheesy

Rule 19: Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out.

You're either extremely smart or extremely stvpid, no gray area in-between for you. grin

Lol. I go for the latter.. she's clearly unstable up there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by sweetmelanin(f): 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
Grasscutter:

Madam abeg cool down, I am not your enemy breaststroke. Just another user insulted,provoked in a similar fashion and when I retaliated mods banned me but left the star boy alone, who insulted me alone. So yes I dey vex for the treatment to my person and their bias in general.

Insulted and provoked by who though? Who do you think you are deceiving. Your profile has only 5/6 comments ... all of which are either quoting yourself or encouraging yourself... lmao!! So childish ..

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by cococandy(f): 2:16am On Nov 26, 2019
kiss

bukatyne:

I think often times, we know these things, we just want to be funny.

A lady who would rush to help her married sister would expect to be catered for hands and foot in her married brother's house.
Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by nlPoster: 4:15am On Nov 26, 2019
Grasscutter:

Just another user insulted,provoked in a similar fashion and when I retaliated mods banned me but left the (person) who insulted me alone. So yes I dey vex for the treatment to my person and their bias in general.

The site operates on a buddy system, the mods and admin have their buddies who can do no wrong, versus the buddies' enemies who can do no right. And of course they stand with their buddies.

That's just how it is.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by missjo(f): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2019
crackhaus:

Those freaks are not my people, you know my people ladybug. grin
Babe, LOL cheesy
Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by Acidosis(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2019
bukatyne:

Nobody has said the maternal family is perfect or needing something from them.

It is a function of how both families they relate with the wife and subsequently the kids.

Sis, a lot of women only care about their own (family). How do you explain the incessant maltreatment against maids? Should we conclude maids don't relate well with wives and kids? Wives tolerant so many mistakes when it involve their own, but wouldn't stand a maid or an outsider making the same mistake.
Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by Acidosis(m): 11:26am On Nov 26, 2019
blank:

I have said none of those things. I am speaking of a natural affinity for people who look after you. It's natural to be drawn to people who take care of you. You don't have to hate one side to love the other side.

So how do we explain the kind of affinity between wives and maids?

Natural affinity for people who look after you shouldn't be at the expense of disliking others. The topic is about the common dislikes toward paternal families.
Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2019
Acidosis:

So how do we explain the kind of affinity between wives and maids?

Natural affinity for people who look after you shouldn't be at the expense of disliking others. The topic is about the common dislikes toward paternal families.

It's transferred aggression most of time.
And the societal ego bloating stuff that I'm better than u.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by nlPoster: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
The problem with this type of thread is it presents a picture which is the op's own, intentionally ignoring a wider view.

Non Nigerians or non op's tribe would assume it's the absolute truth.

Those who know it's a biased opinion, would be afraid to talk last they come under attack and the op's reality becomes theirs. The many yaysayers agreeing with the topic are either same as OP or not knowing anything different. They'd also be monitoring anyone who says otherwise.

So the argument is circular.

Depending on your culture, if you are from a part of Nigeria that's strongly matrilineal, you'll identify better with that side. If your primary caregiver and socialization is matrilineal, you wont have strong bonds with your paternal family especially if there is rancour between your parents or they dont make efforts to balance things out. If your paternal family is bitter and unaccepting of your mum and primary caregiver, or vice versa, you might not identify with them psychologically or perhaps in reality. These are all factors that swing the balance towards one side or another, the underlying reasons are what I just mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by midnighter(f): 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lol, e be like say inec dey learn work from these mods smh

Why exactly has my comment been deleted?

What was wrong with it

And the knuckle-dragging plankton who quoted me still has his comment remaining. Nawao

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by EasternPrince: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
midnighter:
Lol, e be like say inec dey learn work from these mods smh

Why exactly has my comment been deleted?

What was wrong with it

And the knuckle-dragging plankton who quoted me still has his comment remaining. Nawao

Just spoke to the mode about your complaint. He says you talk to much nonsense for one person and he's so sick of it. Apparently, you've been running your mouth off, giving fake advice all over this forum for quite a while now.

He says you start the rubbish before dawn each day and go on till well after midnight just like you name implies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by annayawchee: 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
I hate the both side with all of me...... They bleeped my life up, took away my mom and finally left us traumatized.... Bleep them

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by Ndipe(m): 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Good observation. People say the paternal side of the family usually leech off the man, but remember, that prior to this, they were the ones, (in some cases) who educated the man until he becomes established financially.
Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by bukatyne(f): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
AfroKnight:

Lol. But are you smoking, really? Even tobacco companies warn against smoking.

Enjoy.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by frozen70(f): 9:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Marriage as we all know is the coming together of two families. But down the line, especially when children start coming, there seem to be this choice by default to love and and dislike one side of the family- Mother's side or Father's side.
The paternal family is most of the times disliked distrusted or actually hated. I once came upon a poll where over 90% of respondents gave a negative view about their fathers side. Some believe the 'Village people' are definitely from that side. One way or the other, we are also a paternal family too.Feeling the same negative vibe. So what could be responsible for this?

Simply jealousy

They don't want your own family to be greater than their's

That's where you see jealousy in competitions and cold wars in practises
Re: Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2020
I literally have no words to say...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Issues With My Help. Advice Needed!!! / Can Your Parents Choose Your Spouse for You? / Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.