Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,249 members, 7,880,926 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:23 AM

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ (45842 Views)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me / Meet Jane Onyinyechi Ogwo, FUTO Best Graduating Student With CGPA Of 4.9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2019
Stating u were not not happy with ur current CGPA is not the problem here. But involving depression is the problem. Depression for what
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Richborn94(m): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2019
What of we that have 2.something? If you’re depressed what will I do?
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
@ OP
what's the course you are studying
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Swaggalomo: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
what should someone that graduated with CGPA of 4.48 now do?
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by KingWarri: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2019
chinwezdasilva:
You will more depressed when You don't get a job with this your high cgpa
grin

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Skilme(m): 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2019
Just make sure you achieve the height of that 4.2 at least. This was my exact story. You can still have your dream come tru with that. Wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by bonnyhope: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
what the fvck is wrong with this nigga ?? see what he is depressed over ..!

Hm never c anything inside lyf
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by KingWarri: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
nasirujj:
Go and take sniper, one tea spoon in the afternoon and two tea spoon in the night, you will be OK. When the Richest man in the world is not a graduate and Mack fb CEO is a school dropout. If the first didn't work go and hug transformer.
Haba.... Na wa for you oooh.... The people wey don commit suicide no tire you

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by divad9two5(m): 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
I understand how you feel especially when you have worked real hard to achieve a set goal and the reality that you may never achieve it hit you hard.

Now, you have to put things in perspective and not be too hard on yourself. Will a 4.0+ CGPA get you similar scholarships that a 4.2 - 4.4+ CGPA can? You damn right it can. Will it surely guarantee you a dream job that will bring in the big bucks (earning not less than 6 figures)? Absolutely not.

Success in today's world goes beyond academic intelligence and excellence. You need be equipped with winning survival attributes/qualities and skills to make it big.

I always like to use myself as an example I graduated with less than a 4.0+, not because I didn't work hard, still I didn't let that phase me one bit. While the 4.0s and 5-pointers of my days were busy globe trotting from one Ivy League School to another, I was busy building my professional skills/experience and qualities/attributes, as a local champ is concerned. grin

Long story short. At the end of the day, I still joined most of them in the same industry and for some, we are even working in the same MOC.

So Bro, chin up. You're on the right track. 4.2 and even 4.0 is not bad grade to build on. Keep working hard and don't put all your eggs in your acada basket, if you know what I mean. Las Las you'll be alright.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:
Just about yesterday after speaking with my Class advicer, I was left in a depressed state.

I am currently on my 400level IT and I am to return back to school this coming new year by January. He told me about my result. He said my CGPA is the highest so far. Which makes me his best student. I asked him for the exact CGPA which he replied with with a *4.06*. My God I wondered why he was glad to break such a sad news to me. I thought I had chances of making it a 4.1+ the previous semester. I told him thanks. But I know I wasn't Happy sad

I did the maths...and I found out that the highest CGPA I can make is 4.2+ after my final year(2 semesters left) I feel terrible right now. How can I shift it to 4.3+ Cgpa? I have heard of students borrowing courses but I don't really know if this could be one of their reasons for doing such.

NB: I am not in anyway trying to make it look like having such a CGPA is bad or I am ungrateful. It's just that I have plans of applying for scholarships to study abroad but won't such a Gp hinder me?

Pls I need someone to placate me with motivational words. I feel like a looser. After all these years of studies! What if I loose the passion for school or studies after returning next year? I feel real bad sad sad

What if I might even loose the chance of being the best graduating student of my set like my class adviser had said
sad sad
E loro. You no get problem.

Mscheeeeeeeew.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Thunderblasts(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
OP academic success doesn't translate to success in life.
I used to be a bad bookworm even more than you but my Dad talked me out of it and today, am bigger than....
Work hard and leave the rest to God. If God says you will go, not even grades can stop you!
Depression is an evil word. If you use it again, I will flog you
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Angelawhite(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
I graduated 2015
Mobilized for service 2016/2017
Finished serving early 2018
Got admission as an MSC student at UI in 2018
Dropped MSC early 2019
Landed a dream Job as a software engineer 2019 with prospects of traveling out

My mates are still looking for Jobs.

I graduated with 2 :2

10 Likes

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by KingAzari: 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:
Just about yesterday after speaking with my Class advicer, I was left in a depressed state.

I am currently on my 400level IT and I am to return back to school this coming new year by January. He told me about my result. He said my CGPA is the highest so far. Which makes me his best student. I asked him for the exact CGPA which he replied with with a *4.06*. My God I wondered why he was glad to break such a sad news to me. I thought I had chances of making it a 4.1+ the previous semester. I told him thanks. But I know I wasn't Happy sad

I did the maths...and I found out that the highest CGPA I can make is 4.2+ after my final year(2 semesters left) I feel terrible right now. How can I shift it to 4.3+ Cgpa? I have heard of students borrowing courses but I don't really know if this could be one of their reasons for doing such.

NB: I am not in anyway trying to make it look like having such a CGPA is bad or I am ungrateful. It's just that I have plans of applying for scholarships to study abroad but won't such a Gp hinder me?

Pls I need someone to placate me with motivational words. I feel like a looser. After all these years of studies! What if I loose the passion for school or studies after returning next year? I feel real bad sad sad

What if I might even loose the chance of being the best graduating student of my set like my class adviser had said
sad sad

It is more depressing that you don't know the difference between "lose'' and " loose".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by LatestTori4Town: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
falcon01:
oga your CGPA doesn't determine your success, if you like depress and die it in as much you fall under first class, 2.1 or 2.2 you are good to go.. even third class and pass can and will make it in life.

1st class and 2.1 just gives you a head start in our country Nigeria with lower grades it's more difficult we all know that
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by rafindo(m): 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

sad sad

You are not ready for life
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by nasirujj(m): 9:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
KingWarri:

Haba.... Na wa for you oooh.... The people wey don commit suicide no tire you

The guy is trying to show him self.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Charmingrascal(m): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

Take Dinstinction or first-class away from it. I can't even smell it, not with this CGPA with a penultimate semester left.

You are depressed? Sniper is still selling fast.
U dnt even knw wat's doing u.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by skillz111(m): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2019
let me tell you a story when I was in 200level second semester I had a CGPA of 4.7 I got sick and I saw my grade diminish due to circumstances beyond my control I eventually got an extra year and I graduated with a second class lower not because I was not intelligent in life we only have perfect plans but we don't get perfect results.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Gerrard59(m): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2019
nasirujj:

We are talking about CGPA not the university. Believe me ur cgpa in Nigeria is not the yardstick for employment in the labour market. Moreover 4.2 is a good grade.

Well, you stated that those individuals dropped out without factoring their country and institutions attended. Sure, a 4.2 CGPA is a good one but for some individuals who aimed to achieve higher CGPAs, it doesn't look good. I know persons like that. Unfortunately, OP will not graduate with a first class unlike them.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Evans2019: 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
Wetin Dey do this one self , you get 4.0 you not happy, give thanks to God my brother , finished the school then Enter labor market then you go know say people with better grade than you are still looking for job

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by BarrElChapo(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

Take Dinstinction or first-class away from it. I can't even smell it, not with this CGPA with a penultimate semester left.

so why are you still worried or stressing yourself ? mehn be content with what you've got. The future is full of great things ahead !
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by gidjah(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
@op I feel you here sir I can well relate with that kind of situation, inward once like that way back in the Higher institution too, but had to renegade when I noticed I might not be able to meet up wit the Distinction /first class thing.i just ensured I was good at what I studied , open up my mind on broader fields in the same course, got more j knowledge about everything around me ,ie, tried to j iw few thi gs about everything around me and alas...here I am.most of my mates couldn't match up, they were busy with the grades to satisfy ego and other relatives ,some ended up in the very lower side of life and got seriously dis couraged ....Havent you heard an artist said 'last last school na scam '?? N cheesy
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by seangy4konji: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2019
This one no know anything. Guess u just start life. With that first class you fit no get job...come Lagos on the island there. You will see first class student. Dem still no get job..plenty. Working doing one 50 k job on the mainland. You are depressed.

Lol..I laugh in Spanish. Someone has promised you scholarship automatically with a particular gp?have you been failed by this government before

You don't know anything. U just deh enter life..finish that school first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by frozen70(f): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

sad sad

Since you think you did not put enough effort to get what you want or you didn't expect what was given

Meet someone offering same course with a gp of 2.9 to advice you
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by TemmyT002(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
Who are you deceiving?
You are just using style to show us your CGPA
Something that many people can only dream about.
Be grateful

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

sad sad
U are in a confuse mode ooo, U HAVE 4.0 in grade and u are crying, what About people who have Third Class as a grade Nko?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Jonathan39: 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
FUll or partial scholarship
Rasmega:

A 3.51 CGPA can get you scholarship. Even second class lower students do get scholarships.

Go drink beer and calm down jare...no kill yourself
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by boninho: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
Baba, calm down 4.0+ is good for full scholarship abroad, even 3.5+ will get you scholarship. CGPA is not the only yardstick for successful graduate study

What will you tell me, I finished with 4.48/5....so close to first class, but no time for depression. I'm yet to even get a decent job too and also pursuing graduate study abroad
Good grade is good but it's just one factor, doesn't guarantee anything

Fire on , there are so many things ahead, be relentless

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by boninho: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

sad sad

Baba, calm down 4.0+ is good for full scholarship abroad, even 3.5+ will get you scholarship. CGPA is not the only yardstick for successful graduate study

What will you tell me, I finished with 4.48/5....so close to first class, but no time for depression. I'm yet to even get a decent job too and also pursuing graduate study abroad
Good grade is good but it's just one factor, doesn't guarantee anything

Fire on , there are so many things ahead, be relentless
Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by cassyrooy(m): 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

sad sad
Shebi this 4.2+ na upper division?

It's very important to get good grades whilst in school, but you need to develop outside of the classroom.

Given your best hypothetical 4.3+ cgpa, why not try and maintain that grade and also learning other things.

Here's my story. Before my 300l, I resolved to up my grade to my desired position. I got it and then, I'm no longer interested in the certificate anymore. I was learning how to do business and the likes.

You must do that to succeed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ by Suremikky(m): 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ithream:

Ok good. But I believe it is also opened for 4.0+ Students?

Oga 4.0 is eligible for virtually all the scholarships I know of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' / When You Want To Get 1st-Class But Mosquitoes Vow To Stop You(photo) / Induction Of Rivers State University Theatre Arts 100-Level Students (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.