Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,140 members, 7,880,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:27 PM

Read How Technology Made Relationships Harder In The Last Two Decades. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Read How Technology Made Relationships Harder In The Last Two Decades. (330 Views)

Become Bigger, Stronger and Harder In The Inner Room / Read How I Got Arrested Because Of A Lady I Met On Facebook / Become Stronger And Harder In The Inner Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read How Technology Made Relationships Harder In The Last Two Decades. by MGab25(m): 12:16am On Nov 25, 2019
3 decades ago and upwards, that’s in the 80s and 90s, people communicate with distant love ones using letters and dial telephones. In fact, it’s hard for you to start a relationship with someone in another state because you won’t be in any communication with such person except you’ve seen physical at some point.

There’s nothing like “You have to call me everyday”, “Always post my picture on your social media”, “Why didn’t you call me yesterday”

In fact, no one gets angry because their birthday wasn’t celebrated on social media.

The rate of understanding from each party is relatively high because they will probably channel their energy into something mind developing other than been on long unproductive calls.

But this decade, people of different tribe and nationality connect and find love within their space. A good example is a Boyfriend living in Lagos and his Girlfriend is living in Abuja. They have to call themselves everyday like a full-time job to reaffirm their togetherness. Distractions everywhere because the man sees better options more than often and the lady gets more compliments than necessary. It takes a reformed and focused mind to keep a relationship nowadays.

Good and healthy relationships have been broken and grinded into powder because of the existence of fast communication gadgets and transportation system

Issues like “He stopped calling me”, “He keeps liking another girl’s picture”, “He doesn’t want to see me”, “He doesn’t advertise me on his social media page” has brought relationship doubts in minds and relatively increasing the level of insecurities among lover-birds. These relationship breaker factors added themselves to the unresolved religious and tribal differences.

The standard of showing care and affection has been raised giving less room to human productivity because individuals will have to work and give more time to their relationships than their own life generally.

Lover-birds now spend more time on the phone than reading and making research. Some couple even live together but the only thing that tangles them both are sexual activities because they’ve failed to build their intellects and understand each other’s level of confidence, emotional stability, space, weaknesses during their dating and courting period.

To keep a smooth relationship in 2019, both party have to be intentional about it. Both party need to understand that the frequent use of the phone to communicate will not add any value or improve intimacy between them both. Frequent WhatsApp messages, Video Calls, Texting hasn’t shown any proof of complementing a healthy relationship.

Personally, I’m not a fan of distance relationships.

The old fashion way is still very romantic and appealing to the opposite gender. Random text messages, romantic letters, hangouts, surprise dates, hiking is valid to improve relationship bond and intimacy.

Read More Here- https://naija4u.me/technology-made-relationships-harder-in-these-last-two-decades/

Lalasticlala , Mynd44
Re: Read How Technology Made Relationships Harder In The Last Two Decades. by MGab25(m): 12:16am On Nov 25, 2019
If you dont call your girlfriend for few days now, she'll start nurthuring the thought that you're seeing another Girl angry
Re: Read How Technology Made Relationships Harder In The Last Two Decades. by SIRRITE: 7:47am On Nov 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Read How Technology Made Relationships Harder In The Last Two Decades. by nlPoster: 7:55am On Nov 25, 2019
Hm
Re: Read How Technology Made Relationships Harder In The Last Two Decades. by MGab25(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Mingle With New Friends / MC Oluomo Remembers Stab Attack He Suffered, Gives Thanks / If You Are In Aba Abia State Let's Link Up Here Singles Only!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.