Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,561 members, 7,923,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 05:39 PM

Africa's Worst Dictators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Worst Dictators (1464 Views)

Top 10 Worst Dictators In Africa's History! Photo / 25 Deadliest Dictators In History: Yakubu Gowon Makes Number 14 On List / The World's Infamous Dictators… And How They Met Their Violent Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa's Worst Dictators by honeric01(m): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2010
Africa and its people have been the victims of some brutal rulers over the last century or so. Here we list the worst of them…

Murder, oppression, brutality and kleptocracy - Africa's worst strongmen.

http://news.za.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=154791786
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by HighChief4(m): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2010
Am surprised Abacha didnt make the list
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by honeric01(m): 1:02am On Nov 22, 2010
^^^^^

You think Abacha was brutal? in Africa, i can bet you, Abacha won't be among the worse 50.
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by HighChief4(m): 1:28am On Nov 22, 2010
^^^ Thats what am coming to understand, but given the population of Nigeria and the relevance of Nigeria Army, on a lower ground dude could have done worse, he had the tendencies
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by honeric01(m): 1:35am On Nov 22, 2010
^^^^^

Well yes but he only dealt with those who boldly stood against him unlike the ones on this list, these ones were born to be brutal and wicked, under these people, millions lost their lives so i can't compare Abacha with them.
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by HighChief4(m): 2:11am On Nov 22, 2010
^^^And dont you think If Abacha had ruled such country he could have done more than those Vampires, cos external communities were so much interested in Nigeria and would loose so much so they always interefered, e.g the death of Saro-Wiwa which resulted to so many sanctions and they subsequently banned us from commonwealth so all these detered him to an extent unlike other countries. Though he didnt do much like them, but dude was heartless.
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 22, 2010
Abacha
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by HighChief4(m): 2:27am On Nov 22, 2010
^^^ Ileke did you see my post on the other thread? Pls take a look at my profile pic(no pun intended)
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by Omenani(m): 3:55am On Nov 22, 2010
Abacha was far from the worse. I think Mengistu of Ethiopia, Idi Amin of Uganda or Mobutu Sese Seko of the DRC are the top 3 in my opinion.
Re: Africa's Worst Dictators by redsun(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2010
How about obasanjo?Just because he is a silent killer does not mean his not more horrible than idi amin.

(1) (Reply)

Army Illegally Demolishing Civilian Houses In Iyana Oba Axis / Yoruba Youths Call Sng , Acn , Bakare , Falana Hypocrites / SUBSIDY FRAUD : Here Are The Names And Amount Taken Illegally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.