Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,733 members, 7,882,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

Emeagwali Lied Again! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emeagwali Lied Again! (7666 Views)

The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated / Government To Investigate Emeagwali / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by babapupa: 5:55am On Nov 22, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I don't know how much you know about the legal system in America but no professional will make a comment like this below because that is a violation of privacy rules.
Also, privacy issues apart, is it not the same PHD or no PHD that is still the issue here?. What else is new from the news?.

I will not indulge Babapupa here because we are not on the same level. The only thing he knows in this life is how to collect egunje from Fashola to market his propaganda and if you refuse to buy his market, you are an enemy.

I'm glad you're conditioned to the fact that we don't claim the same level, ignorance and stupid talk is the only level you function on.

News media do this all the freaking time and the fact that you sampled the US magnifies your idiocy. The senate candidate in the last election was busted by the media for similar  academic lies and deceptions and it was done by doing the same the next did. Talking point memo called the school to verify her degree claim @ oxford and the school not only gladly trash her claim, the put it out there that they don't even offer the freeking degree.

They do it all the damn time. These schools have image and credibility to protect.

Like I said, shut up and quit talking rubbish.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by aljharem(m): 5:55am On Nov 22, 2010
well lets wait and see his comment on this issue and allegation placed against him
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by basher(m): 6:02am On Nov 22, 2010
alj harem:

well lets wait and see his comment on this issue and allegation placed against him

I can bet my last dollar he aint gonna make any direct comment to SR, NR etc. Why should he? There are enuff blogs/forums out there talking crap about celebrities and personalities; how many times do you see them reply?? What makes this different. Please lets not get carried away here; we talking about Sahara Reporters!!
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by ogaadimma: 6:53am On Nov 22, 2010
I dont believe that any University in a developed country will provide any information to you when you ask about somebody.
Even a hotel will never tell you if some stays or stayed in their rooms.
A primary school wont even tell you any thing.
But, if you were to ask them if they have such and such a course, of cause, they will tell you.
Emeagwali is a victim of bad belle.
The Professors who are after him are just part of the layed back sections of the Yoruba community, not all Yorubas are like that mind you but, so many have become haters and its not helping them, it seems like they can see that the long time game is over now.
Awolowo brought in free education and jakande brought in a system where you fail an exam and still move to the next class.
Where in the world can you do that, only in Yoruba land, that is fraud.
So, the professor who is doing this has admitted to be a failed Prof and the only thing he wants to be remembered for is the bringing down of a Giant in the the field of science.
Professor do little-LAZY PROFESSOR.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2010
Philip Emeagwali is an advanced 419 tongue tongue tongue tongue academic yahoo boy undecided undecided undecided cry
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by DapoBear(m): 7:21am On Nov 22, 2010
@AloyEmeka: violent and babapupa are in this case correct. For example, if I claim on my resume that I have a Masters from University X, then a company that wants to hire me will certainly call and confirm that I actually was given that degree. Privacy rules protect your transcript (i.e., whether you got your degree after failing the mandatory class and then retaking it to only get a C, versus just taking it once and getting an A), but not whether I actually have the degree or not.

Secondly, much of this became a matter of public record after Emeagwali's lawsuit. You can google and read the case for yourself.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by babapupa: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2010
oga adimma:

I dont believe that any University in a developed country will provide any information to you when you ask about somebody.
Even a hotel will never tell you if some stays or stayed in their rooms.

A primary school wont even tell you any thing.
But, if you were to ask them if they have such and such a course, of cause, they will tell you.
Emeagwali is a victim of bad belle.
The Professors who are after him are just part of the layed back sections of the Yoruba community, not all Yorubas are like that mind you but, so many have become haters and its not helping them, it seems like they can see that the long time game is over now.
Awolowo brought in free education and jakande brought in a system where you fail an exam and still move to the next class.
Where in the world can you do that, only in Yoruba land, that is fraud.
So, the professor who is doing this has admitted to be a failed Prof and the only thing he wants to be remembered for is the bringing down of a Giant in the the field of science.
Professor do little-LAZY PROFESSOR.

Christine O'Donnell Lies About Attending Oxford University

The Washington Post's Greg Sargent uncovered the whopper of a discrepancy, and a Phoenix representative overseeing the course she took told Sargent that O'Donnell's LinkedIn claim is "misleading."

Sargent reports that Chris Fletcher, who oversaw the Institute's 2001 Oxford Summer Programme and the course O'Donnell took, said the course wasn't overseen by Oxford at all.

"We never represented it as a course run by Oxford University," Fletcher told Sargent.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/09/christine-odonnell-lies-about-attending-oxford-university.php

The same developed nations are not like Nigeria where they take official wuruwuru deny you basic information.

Some of you sure sabi how to sound like illiterates sha,
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by suxes2005(m): 7:43am On Nov 22, 2010
this is crazy mehn

i dont even know why you guys are hapi
that whitemen are probing out person

mtcheeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww
if its to be dem who would hear anything?
they will even support the person

SHALOM
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by LKRavitz(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2010
@ babapupa i guess aloy emeka has finally realized he is indeed not on the same level with ur learned self. i really dont understand why people will defend criminality all in the name of he is one of us. that is why we r so backward today in Nigeria. Emeagwali is a liar full stop
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by slap1(m): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2010
My only happiness in all these nonsense is that Emeagwali appears too busy to notice the idleness of his detractors. Let the jobless fools go on and do what they know best! Seun, your front page link to this story is very subjective and idiotic . . . but you're human, so you're not immune to mistakes.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by LKRavitz(m): 7:53am On Nov 22, 2010
suxes honesty and integrity has no color! whether its told by a white man, green man or purple man, a lie is a lie. we should quit this our own syndrome thing. if we really cared about ourselves why is there s much suffering in Nigeria today? maybe u should channel ur support to more reasonable causes.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by DapoBear(m): 7:58am On Nov 22, 2010
L. KRavitz:

suxes honesty and integrity has no color! whether its told by a white man, green man or purple man, a lie is a lie. we should quit this our own syndrome thing. if we really cared about ourselves why is there s much suffering in Nigeria today? maybe u should channel your support to more reasonable causes.

Let us not pretend that the emotions involved are not understandable. If my own relative were proven to be a fraud, I would not throw him under the bus. My first instinct would be to think it is a witchhunt, etc.

So the emotions and responses of some posters here are understandable.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by suxes2005(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2010
L. KRavitz:

suxes honesty and integrity has no color! whether its told by a white man, green man or purple man, a lie is a lie. we should quit this our own syndrome thing. if we really cared about ourselves why is there s much suffering in Nigeria today? maybe u should channel your support to more reasonable causes.

of course i agree with you on that

how sure are you that their claims are right?

its their country and they know how to maneuver
things there, at least we are suppose to support
our own person. Either he lies or not, we cant push
him out - he is still a Nigeria.

I swear if he has changed his citizenship to America mayb
he wont be having all this allegations.

I am not supporting him to lie but at least, it
shouldnt be him always on the news. they will surely
bring him down i swear

SHALOM
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by bkbabe97y(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2010
DapoBear:

@AloyEmeka: violent and babapupa are in this case correct. For example, if I claim on my resume that I have a Masters from University X, then a company that wants to hire me will certainly call and confirm that I actually was given that degree. Privacy rules protect your transcript (i.e., whether you got your degree after failing the mandatory class and then retaking it to only get a C, versus just taking it once and getting an A), but not whether I actually have the degree or not.

Secondly, much of this became a matter of public record after Emeagwali's lawsuit. You can google and read the case for yourself.

End of story!
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by VALIDATOR: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2010
Nigerian's really love falsehood and anything that smells like scam.
Can't our government follow very simple procedure for verifying Emeagwali's claims rather than allowing misinformed Nigerians to accuse/defend him blindly?
He claims to have obtained a Phd. That can easily be verified.
He claims to have certain achievements.That can easily be verified.

But NLs prefer to trivialize it all by playing the ethnic card.What has ethnicity got to do with whether you are who you claim to be.

And food for thought:
If Emeagwali is not a scam, he would have made verifiable facts available to the Nigerian Government (since he is on our postage stamp) from the onset of the allegations by other Scientists.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by texazzpete(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2010
Just let me catch any of you Emeagwali apologists ever come here to complain about fraud and corruption in Nigeria.
Instead of taking a 'Zero tolerance' to fraud and dishonesty, you're here trying to shield it because "he is one of our own".

Utter rubbish! You lot are as bad as IBB et al that you criticize so vehemently.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by dayokanu(m): 8:25am On Nov 22, 2010
Was that not the same way Salisu Buhari was found out? You can easily call the school records and verify enrollment and graduation.
suxes2005:

things there,   at least we are suppose to support

Maybe we should support Abdul Muttalab too because he is from our country

Soyinka, Okonjo -Iweala, Segun Aganga etc are they American citizens or why are they not witchhunting those ones

O'Donnell is American and they threw her under the bus.

This is a simple case of integrity and honesty and nothing to do with race or Nationality.

According to you lets support Muttalab, every drug baron thats arrested in a foreign country because they are our country men
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by LKRavitz(m): 8:27am On Nov 22, 2010
@dayokanu spot on!
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by babapupa: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2010
suxes2005:

things there,   at least we are suppose to support

I am not supporting him to lie but at least, it
shouldnt be him always on the news. they will surely
bring him down i swear

SHALOM

I literally cringed after reading this nonsense, this has got to be the most dumbest and idiotic comment ever. People like you are ignorantly dangerous. I pity Nigeria with people like you walking around with such backward and  insane mentality.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by rhymz(m): 8:41am On Nov 22, 2010
Stupid obsession. The more reason I support him not giving any reply to fools. Let em write a book about it and make sure Obama gets a copy of it. . .scheew. . Buncha hating rif-raffs
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by McCoy91(m): 8:46am On Nov 22, 2010
suxes2005:

this is crazy mehn

i dont even know why you guys are hapi
that whitemen are probing out person

mtcheeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww
if its to be dem who would hear anything?
they will even support the person

SHALOM
funny thing is, it's not white men making the accusations. smh @whoever made the home page link.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 22, 2010
slap1:

My only happiness in all these nonsense is that Emeagwali appears too busy to notice the idleness of his detractors. Let the jobless fools go on and do what they know best! Seun, your front page link to this story is very subjective and idiotic . . . but you're human, so you're not immune to mistakes.
Stop crying like a baby;blaming seun as if he's the author of philip's problems.Philip should come out and explain how he got all those fraudulent degrees. anyways, why are you here distributing blames when the FG is already investigating the fraudster ?
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by jmaine: 9:22am On Nov 22, 2010
The man Emeagwali is recognized worldwide and most yet to realize their full potential are busy castigating him, What a shame. Now here is my question, what have you done worth praising yourself even it involves hype. I see no reason for all this post over someone regarded as a scientist of note. will all your tantrums collect that precious[b] Gordon Bell[/b] prize from him. He hyped himself okay, but does that tarnish his achievement as an inventor of the the first program[b] to apply a pseudo-time approach to reservoir modeling.[/b] Oya make una go invent una own small steez before una begin dey cast stone.

~Bluetooth:

Stop crying like a baby;blaming seun as if he's the author of philip's problems.Philip should come out and explain how he got all those fraudulent degrees. anyways, why are you here distributing blames when the FG is already investigating the fraudster ?

You feel say him get time, the guy has other worries to think  of liking making more money off his hype  cheesy. FG investiagating him! so funny when i see this phrase !
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by demoore1(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2010
This is not worth wasting time on. @ poster can you tell the whole house how many lies you have told this year? Why alway looking for whom to accusse while from what you write here about people, you are not a saint. If you dont have a job ask Emeagwali  to give you one.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 22, 2010
jmaine:

You feel say him get time, the guy has other worries to think  of liking making more money off his hype  cheesy. FG investiagating him! so funny when i see this phrase !
You may continue to whine yourself. . .sit down and relax as we unveil the fraudster of all time,professorphilip emeagwali.It's known to the world except some dimwits among his kinsmen that he's a fraud.How i wish he had studied in Nigeria, it would have been easier to investigate him.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 22, 2010
That Guy is my hero anytime anyday. You morons that keep criticizing will never match his shoes till the day you mother(f)uckers die. Again, I dont wanna see any post about Emeagwali here again, or I will here the best hacke(rs) to shot this site down, this is no threat, but a guarantee. Admin take note.
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by maintain10(m): 9:57am On Nov 22, 2010
It's hard to say who invented the Internet. There were many mathematicians and scientists who contributed to its development; computers were sending signals to each other as early as the 1950s. But the Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali, a math whiz who came up with the formula for allowing a large number of computers to communicate at once. Emeagwali was born to a poor family in Akure, Nigeria, in 1954. Despite his brain for math, he had to drop out of school because his family, who had become war refugees, could no longer afford to send him. As a young man, he earned a general education certificate from the University of London and later degrees from George Washington University and the University of Maryland, as well as a doctoral fellowship from the University of Michigan. At Michigan, he participated in the scientific community's debate on how to simulate the detection of oil reservoirs using a supercomputer. Growing up in an oil-rich nation and understanding how oil is drilled, Emeagwali decided to use this problem as the subject of his doctoral dissertation. Borrowing an idea from a science fiction story about predicting the weather, Emeagwali decided that rather than using 8 expensive supercomputers he would employ thousands of microprocessors to do the computation. The only step left was to find 8 machines and connect them. (Remember, it was the 80s.) Through research, he found a machine called the Connection Machine at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, which had sat unused after scientists had given up on figuring out how to make it simulate nuclear explosions. The machine was designed to run 65,536 interconnected microprocessors. In 1987, he applied for and was given permission to use the machine, and remotely from his Ann Arbor, Michigan, location he set the parameters and ran his program. In addition to correctly computing the amount of oil in the simulated reservoir, the machine was able to perform 3.1 billion calculations per second. The crux of the discovery was that Emeagwali had programmed each of the microprocessors to talk to six neighboring microprocessors at the same time. The success of this record-breaking experiment meant that there was now a practical and inexpensive way to use machines like this to speak to each other all over the world. Within a few years, the oil industry had seized upon this idea, then called the Hyperball International Network creating a virtual world wide web of ultrafast digital communication. The discovery earned him the Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers' Gordon Bell Prize in 1989, considered the Nobel Prize of computing, and he was later hailed as one of the fathers of the Internet. Since then, he has won more than 100 prizes for his work and Apple computer has used his microprocessor technology in their Power Mac G4 model. Today he lives in Washington with his wife and son. "The Internet as we know it today did not cross my mind," Emeagwali told TIME. "I was hypothesizing a planetary-sized supercomputer and, broadly speaking, my focus was on how the present creates the future and how our image of the future inspires the present."
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2010
here we go again

the only reason SR,Next and nairaland dwell on this man is because he drives traffic to their sites

happy debating/insulting anyway,

while Emeagwali is busy making money,others are busy talkin'
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by texazzpete(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2010
jmaine:

The man Emeagwali is recognized worldwide and most yet to realize their full potential are busy castigating him, What a shame. Now here is my question, what have you done worth praising yourself even it involves hype. I see no reason for all this post over someone regarded as a scientist of note. will all your tantrums collect that precious[b] Gordon Bell[/b] prize from him. He hyped himself okay, but does that tarnish his achievement as an inventor of the the first program[b] to apply a pseudo-time approach to reservoir modeling.[/b] Oya make una go invent una own small steez before una begin dey cast stone.

Do you clowns know how many famous scientists have been ridiculed by the international community after they were found to have been involved in fraud and hoaxes?

The same people who were salivating at the news that some of the global warming claims had been doctored are now the ones whining about Nigerians pulling others down.

LeoMax:

That Guy is my hero anytime anyday. You morons that keep criticizing will never match his shoes till the day you mother(f)uckers die. Again, I dont wanna see any post about Emeagwali here again, or I will here the best hacke(rs) to shot this site down, this is no threat, but a guarantee. Admin take note.

Ah, an e-threat! How scary  grin
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by texazzpete(m): 10:30am On Nov 22, 2010
MrPrsdent:

here we go again

the only reason SR,Next and nairaland dwell on this man is because he drives traffic to their sites

while Emeagwali is busy making money,others are busy talkin'

here we go again

the only reason SR,Next and nairaland dwell on IBB is because he drives traffic to their sites

while IBB is busy making money,others are busy talkin'

See what i did there?
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2010
LeoMax:

Again, I dont wanna see any post about Emeagwali here again, or I will here [/b]the best hacke(rs) to [b]shot this site down, this is no threat, but a guarantee. Admin take note.

. . . . so says the guy whose writing is so terrible that he doesnt know when to use SHUT in place of SHOT!!!

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Emeagwali Lied Again! by toosoon(m): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2010
Quote from: Aloy+Emeka on Today at 04:23:17 AM
I don't know how much you know about the legal system in America but no professional will make a comment like this below because that is a violation of privacy rules.
Also, privacy issues apart, is it not the same PHD or no PHD that is still the issue here?. What else is new from the news?.

I will not indulge Babapupa here because we are not on the same level. The only thing he knows in this life is how to collect egunje from Fashola to market his propaganda and if you refuse to buy his market, you are an enemy.
babapupa:

I'm glad you're conditioned to the fact that we don't claim the same level, ignorance and silly talk is the only level you function on.

News media do this all the freaking time and the fact that you sampled the US magnifies your idiocy. The senate candidate in the last election was busted by the media for similar  academic lies and deceptions and it was done by doing the same the next did. Talking point memo called the school to verify her degree claim @ oxford and the school not only gladly trash her claim, the put it out there that they don't even offer the freeking degree.

They do it all the damn time. These schools have image and credibility to protect.

Like I said, shut up and quit talking rubbish.

thanks for that wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes / APC Lied About Government Not Allowing Them Put Up Posters - Enugu PDP / Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.