Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,347 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:22 PM

Youths Protest Against Polytechnic Rector, Chairman Over Embezzlement - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Youths Protest Against Polytechnic Rector, Chairman Over Embezzlement (359 Views)

Bamidele Impeached As NANS President Over $200K Embezzlement Scandal / Momodu Sanusi Jimah Is Dead: Auchi Polytechnic Rector Dies / OAU Student Risks Jail Term Over Embezzlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youths Protest Against Polytechnic Rector, Chairman Over Embezzlement by Honbright(m): 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
By Tunde Bright Olorungbotemi, Rivers

Some Youths under the aegis of Ogoni Youths forum embarked on a peaceful protest in Rivers state on Monday to condemn the Rector and chairman of the governing council for stealing of properties and embezzlement in the Kenule Beeson Saro Wiwa Polytechnic Bori, Rivers state, VAM News reports.

The Rector of Kenule Beeson Saro Wiwa Polytechnic Bori, Dr. M.O Georgewill and the chairman of the Governing council of the Polytechnic are accused of unprecedented stealings in the Polytechnic.

Recently, some transformers that was about to unlawfully taken by some top management and Governing council members was intercepted by the Youths of the host Community.

The interception was made possible due to classified information given to the youth leader Comrade Dornubari Asogho.

The executive governor of Rivers State, E.N Wike has in several fora challenge youths of host Communities where government institutions are sited to protect it.

Speaking during the protest, one of the leaders said, "I feel sad that such news is coming from my Alma mater and those saints, who accused me of trying to embezzle students union fund of which they have no evidence to back their claims till tomorrow and yet they expelled me, victimized thousands of students for my sake, are those involved in the looting of the polytechnic properties and embezzlement. 

Comrade Asogho called on the Governor of the state to please check the activities of the management of Kenule Beeson Saro Wiwa Polytechnic Bori before it will be too late. 

While addressing the VAM NewsOnline, the youths has these questions to ask the Rector:

1. Whereabout of several equipments in the world class New Technology Center that was built by Rotimi Amaechi and was managed by the defunct Rivers State sustainable development, many of the equipments has been looted by those men?

2. The whereabout of all the soundproof at the Polytechnic?

3. All the vehicles of the Polytechnic?

4. The sudden disappearance of new brand bus of Center of Continuous Education CCE?

Continue Reading:
https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2019/11/youths-protest-against-polytechnic.html

Re: Youths Protest Against Polytechnic Rector, Chairman Over Embezzlement by Smalldick123(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
eberybody just kwarupt por this corntree

(1) (Reply)

Quick Math Check Up / Nigerian Lady Celebrats Her Graduation From Versity In Her Fathers Mechanic Shop / How Can I Apply For CITN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.