Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,311 members, 7,943,751 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected (22182 Views)

Alleged Organ Trafficking: Ekweremadu, Wife Risk Long Jail Term If Convicted / Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term / Yahaya Bello: I Will Perform Better In Second Term If Given (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by freethesheeple(m): 7:07am On Nov 26, 2019
Shehuyinka:
By declaring his intention to contest the 2019 presidential election, President Muhammadu Buhari went against his words.

This declaration is no doubt in perfect compliance with his rights under the law, even though it may not accord with the wishes of many Nigerians. But it is not only the desire of Nigerians that conflicts with Buhari’s second term aspiration. Seven years ago, Buhari himself appeared not to have fancied the idea.

In an exclusive interview with Sunday Trust’s Theophilus Abbah in February, 2011, the then presidential aspirant was asked about an earlier statement where he promised to serve for only a term if elected in the April elections.

“I’m not getting younger. If I succeed and do one term, I will be 73 years old,” was his short response.

The interviewer further asked what his priorities would be in that single term in office, and he said “security and power”.

“There are two issues and I have said it in one sentence. Security and power. This country has to be secured and managed. People in Nigeria must not go about fearing that they would be abducted. You must not be afraid to the point that you can’t drive from Kaduna to Kano any time of the day. If you are in Lagos, you should have jobs to the point that you can afford to have three shifts in a day.

“That is eight hours each. But people are now very scared wherever they are. People have built houses worth over a billion naira, but they are afraid to live in them. What is the use? So, security is number one.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/flashback-in-2011-buhari-vowed-to-serve-for-only-one-term-if-elected/

you see the faulty foundation?
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by maasoap(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2019
Gandollaar:
Lol that's under a normal circumstance. The rubber stamp Senate are more than willing to tweak the law for him while minority few southern senators will just rant and kick air.

Southern senators are not few unless they are okay with tempering the constitution but be rest assured that our own Buhari is different from the Baba Ghana must go who believed so much in corrupting everyone just to have his way.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Brunicekid(m): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2019
Lies...Lies...Lies
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2019
The insincere dude is the worst thing i ever voted!
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Edyice: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2019
LIFELESS : this citizens think they can fool me , well revers is the case... grin

Prof : grin

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by SoNature(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Na Jonathan cause all this nonsense... that's why I will never consider him a good leader.

If Jonathan had some balls, he will invite the ICC to pick Buhari up when he said that blood of monkeys and baboons will soak the street.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 26, 2019
Buhari only changed his mind when GEJ said he was not running,
After Buhari deside to run then GEJ saw it as easy wining then declare to run.

Only mad people run
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by KaptainAfrika: 8:02am On Nov 26, 2019
We don't have opposition in Nigeria at all.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Southsoul: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2019
Bubu wants to die in aso rock 3rd term loading immediately after social Media and hate speech bill is passed to gag freedom of speech i pity Nigeria when north is in power
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by papyt: 8:20am On Nov 26, 2019
this man is suppose to be arrested for false pretense and deceit of ambition
StarUp:
Scam
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Gandollaar(f): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2019
maasoap:

Your saw only constitution but I saw constitution and two other reasons

Buhahahahaha grin

Is it not the same holy book terrorists are following?
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by witworth(m): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2019
hypocrite.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by onatisi(m): 8:30am On Nov 26, 2019
that statement he made was in 2011 and he even lost that election , that automatically nullifies that promise or pledge ,
i dont think he made such pledge or promise in 2015 , but if he did in 2015 then he can be held accountable for his words .
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Successlane: 8:35am On Nov 26, 2019
Shehuyinka:
By declaring his intention to contest the 2019 presidential election, President Muhammadu Buhari went against his words.

This declaration is no doubt in perfect compliance with his rights under the law, even though it may not accord with the wishes of many Nigerians. But it is not only the desire of Nigerians that conflicts with Buhari’s second term aspiration. Seven years ago, Buhari himself appeared not to have fancied the idea.

In an exclusive interview with Sunday Trust’s Theophilus Abbah in February, 2011, the then presidential aspirant was asked about an earlier statement where he promised to serve for only a term if elected in the April elections.

“I’m not getting younger. If I succeed and do one term, I will be 73 years old,” was his short response.

The interviewer further asked what his priorities would be in that single term in office, and he said “security and power”.

“There are two issues and I have said it in one sentence. Security and power. This country has to be secured and managed. People in Nigeria must not go about fearing that they would be abducted. You must not be afraid to the point that you can’t drive from Kaduna to Kano any time of the day. If you are in Lagos, you should have jobs to the point that you can afford to have three shifts in a day.

“That is eight hours each. But people are now very scared wherever they are. People have built houses worth over a billion naira, but they are afraid to live in them. What is the use? So, security is number one.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/flashback-in-2011-buhari-vowed-to-serve-for-only-one-term-if-elected/

S---T---A---L--- E

This is 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by MrCEO69(m): 9:12am On Nov 26, 2019
ossaisly:
Only if you know that power intoxicate.

When obasanjo was in power, he made an attempt for 3rd hope we haven't forgotten.

Before GEJ was in power too, he also promised one term. So let's be guided that once you are in power, your integrity must be tested. You can hardly stand by your words. But it is still not their own total intention to stay more than what they have promised to stay. They all have people that are benefiting from there stay in power, they are called psychopaths. These keep pushing them to continue staying in power just for their own selfish interest.
Man needs laws to guide them, if u don't v laws or ur judiciary isn't strong enough, on it's own, then all this is bound to happen. Look at all the top country in the world, they v laws and they obey it. But here the judiciary is in the pocket and the senate too, the reps too are answering to the gcfr.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 26, 2019
alhussein9:
Unfortunately he lost that election under the defunct CPC. He won in 2015 under the platform of APC. Different year, different party, different manifesto. Hold him accountable for what he said within this period under APC.

Shut up. Mere hireling without an iota of integrity.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by obidark: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2019
we voted him again,so what...

buhari is soon gone....whats you wailers palaver....??

if una dont stop naggin like cheap bitches in our hears day and night,then we will even consider that he continues till he dies a natural death....
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by AreaFada2: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2019
Please enjoy this talk while it lasts. Because once death sentence becomes the law for hate speech we will be in Hitler's Third Reich.

A country that does not have capital punishment for kidnappers, terrorists or child rapists wants death sentence for hate speech that has ambiguous definition.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Gandollaar(f): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2019
maasoap:

Southern senators are not few unless they are okay with tempering the constitution but be rest assured that our own Buhari is different from the Baba Ghana must go who believed so much in corrupting everyone just to have his way.
If buhari needs a third term, or rather if the north needs a third term, buhari doesn't need to spend a dime to achieve that. He has the numbers, clout, and blind solidarity in the Senate to pull it off!
SW senators will kick and blow grammar. SE senators will stand aloof. APC senators will be unevenly divided against it with the northern senators having the upper hand. PDP senators from the south will stand aloof. PDP senators from the north will align with their people for buhari.

Then money will start moving about underground. Not to buy anyone but to to say thank you. Buhari doesn't even need to know about the politics that brought him a third term.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by davibid: 9:22am On Nov 26, 2019
If you no be Mandela you can never be Mandela
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by BonPatrick(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2019
Useless man
beresponsible:
If na you nko?

1 Like

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by lexy2014: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2019
franchasng:
Buhari deserves a 3rd term.

One good term, deserves another and another wink

Also, in order for peace to reign in Nigeria, let's support Buhari for a 3rd term.

We will vote and campaign for him, he deserves it

Y does buhari deserve a 2nd term and a 3rd term?
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by franchasng: 9:56am On Nov 26, 2019
lexy2014:

Y does buhari deserve a 2nd term and a 3rd term?
Because his name is Buhari, and his is from Hausa-Fulani tribe and supported by the almighty Yoruba tribe, so u see kiss
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2019
beresponsible:
If na you nko?

Camera quality is the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2019
Gandollaar:
If buhari needs a third term, or rather if the north needs a third term, buhari doesn't need to spend a dime to achieve that. He has the numbers, clout, and blind solidarity in the Senate to pull it off!
SW senators will kick and blow grammar. SE senators will stand aloof. APC senators will be unevenly divided against it with the northern senators having the upper hand. PDP senators from the south will stand aloof. PDP senators from the north will align with their people for buhari.

Then money will start moving about underground. Not to buy anyone but to to say thank you. Buhari doesn't even need to know about the politics that brought him a third term.

Very rubbish post.

APC does not have the numbers in the Senate to change the constitution and allow 3rd term.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by sheriffman(m): 10:03am On Nov 26, 2019
Are you this silly?this is 2019 man ,move on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 26, 2019
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by Adepoju002: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2019
I will make 1 dollar equal to one naira... And other campaign promises... I wonder why some enlightened fools keep justifying cowharibu, the Numbskull president when he has breached the social contract he signed with Nigerians by failing us his promises. Even to tell us why these promises are not fulfilled, e no fit.

Am sure that your promise not to run for 3rd term self na wash bcs you are a first class pretender.

Try 3rd term and see how Nigerians hate you after voting for you in vain. You can come and arrest me for hate speech.
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by maasoap(m): 10:22am On Nov 26, 2019
Gandollaar:
Buhahahahaha grin

Is it not the same holy book terrorists are following?

It doesn't matter if terrorists are following it or not, belief, understandings and interpretations are personal things. The Bible is as useless and contradictory as anything but some people still refer it. They can't joke with it. That should be your area of interest too
Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by maasoap(m): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Very rubbish post.

APC does not have the numbers in the Senate to change the constitution and allow 3rd term.

Thank you. I quoted him on his assertion and he quoted me back with that post, very amusing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by maasoap(m): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2019
SoNature:
Na Jonathan cause all this nonsense... that's why I will never consider him a good leader.

If Jonathan had some balls, he will invite the ICC to pick Buhari up when he said that blood of monkeys and baboons will soak the street.

And ICC would come and pick Buhari up because of an adage about the "the blood of dogs and baboons" comment? ICC is not petty like you Nigerians. Nigerians are petty in nature, that's why you see all manners of people/criminals writing letters to ICC. Clowns everywhere!

1 Like

Re: In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected by SoNature(m): 10:39am On Nov 26, 2019
maasoap:

And ICC would come and pick Buhari up because of an adage about the "the blood of dogs and baboons" comment? ICC is not petty like you Nigerians. Nigerians are petty in nature, that's why you see all manners of people/criminals writing letters to ICC. Clowns everywhere!

Keep quiet!

A man, whose comments sparked a post-election violence that led to the deaths of many people, cannot challenge me in an election.

He should be answering questions at the ICC for hate speech.

Keep arguing senselessly; don't learn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Assembly Urges Abdulrazaq To Revoke Saraki’s Property / 2023: Tinubu Presidency Will Help Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.