Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,162 members, 7,950,003 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (27817 Views)

Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Equity15(m): 8:34am On Nov 27, 2019
as country hard like this, where una follow dey see all these juicy jobs? there's still hope for me God's willing.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by OlawaleBammie: 8:37am On Nov 27, 2019
OBTMOS:
Please how did you get these jobs

Na wetin me dey reason for here b dat, it still beat my imagination tho like say we Don go back to the 60s wen job Sara.

Anyways congrats but ur connection terminal too sharp oo, e too strong.

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Paulo3ree(m): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2019
post=84402544:
Go for your interview with the Federal University,
And PLEASE make sure you DO NOT resign from your present job before the interview!

And about the Salary Scale,

After tax and union levies, it used to be #106,000/Month, including #12,000 hazard allowance.
After tax deduction, PENCOM deduction, Union Levies. Honestly, you will take home around #99,000.
Make more research personally.

All the very best for the future Topsy!

Kindly Ignore posts like this please.
We see them everyday on this forum.
They have absolutely nothing to offer!
That's nice

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Adejal: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2019
The best place to develop urself professionally is banking but not as a contract staff. My take go to the federal job interview, give it your best as its a rare opportunity to be called for interview, I pray you're selected at last then you can say goodbye to the contract job

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by sonnie10: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2019
The way you said, “they said I wouldn’t be able to further “ as if you it’s against the law to work as a technologist in the university and run a part time program in another school.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by sterlingD(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month and now I have been shortlisted for an interview in a federal university for d post of technologist at the ICT centre of d sch, now I am confused on what to do maybe to attend the interview and drop the banking job I just got not up to a month.

As a HND holder how much will I be paid and I was told I won't be able to go further until I spent a certain years.

Please I need Ur advice
Attend the interview get the job offer,know what the job entails, accept the job offer drop your resignation with the bank and don't look back
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by ETWs: 8:40am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month and now I have been shortlisted for an interview in a federal university for d post of technologist at the ICT centre of d sch, now I am confused on what to do maybe to attend the interview and drop the banking job I just got not up to a month.

As a HND holder how much will I be paid and I was told I won't be able to go further until I spent a certain years.

Please I need Ur advice
as a bank contract staff, you don't have a job. Even if you are a confirmed bank staff, it has no security. Do not waste time to take the federal job.

Federal:

job security, Better pay, less stressful, hence, more opportunities for side hustle.

I can go on.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by jconsulting(f): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2019
Better take the federal government job , you cannot have career path n Access Bank if you are a contract staff and they can wake up tomorrow and sack you
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by makavelli80(m): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

My nigggar accept that federal job anyday, anytime twice on Wednesday morning.

For them to even call you for interview mean say you have been employed already. Interview for federal job na just to fulfill all righteousness. Because they hardly put federal job vacancy on advert. Which means for you to be called for interview then you know principal officer in that institution

Your offer of temporary appointment letter will come with ease
Followed by regularisation letter
Then confirmation letter ( once those three letters arrive ehnnnnn. Bros you be chairman)
You will get your promotion every three years with ease
Annual leave is sure
No body will ever threaten you with sack.
Infact you will be growing academically
Because you can further your education. By applying for study leave with pay or no pay

Bros as you dey get more certificate and qualifications
Then the institution go dey upgrade you
And you go dey request for conversion from one department to another as you like
Bros if you really be the serious type then i can bet my balls you can turn into academic staff and become a professor with them
this post is giving me butterflies cuz I attended an interview at federal college of agriculture last month

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by LZAA: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2019

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Juliearth(f): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:

Please I need Ur advice

You stand a better chance with the federal job (promotion and better pay package). The banking sector offers little to no job security for its staff. Congratulations bro.

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by galadima77(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2019
Not that the fg job is handy already nawa. Get it first na
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by shadeyinka(m): 8:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month
If you love yourself, take the FG work. Access bank will sack you with 90% probability within the next 4 years
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by grandstar(m): 8:45am On Nov 27, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

For them to even call you for interview mean say you have been employed already. Interview for federal job na just to fulfill all righteousness. Because they hardly put federal job vacancy on advert. Which means for you to be called for interview then you know principal officer in that institution
Bros as you dey like this so, them don already send your name go Abuja.

Then confirmation letter ( once those three letters arrive ehnnnnn. Bros you be chairman)
Annual leave is sure
Because you can further your education. By applying for study leave with pay or no pay

And you go dey request for conversion from one department to another as you like
Bros if you really be the serious type then i can bet my balls you can turn into academic staff and become a professor with them

But is the pay commiserate with the job? I too believe that a federal job is better than to remain a contract staff

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by ctleurocollege: 8:45am On Nov 27, 2019
If you get the govt job take it sharp sharp
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Erastuslove: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2019
BROS! WHICH OF THESE TWO JOBS IS PENSIONABLE I WONT TALK MORE THAN THAT AS ITS ENOUGH DIRECTION FOR YOU....GOODLUCK.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Juliearth(f): 8:46am On Nov 27, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Bros as you dey like this so, them don already send your name go Abuja.

Annual leave is sure

Exactly! Spot on! Working in an academic environment has it's perks: Flexibility ( you can in the nearest future upgrade and be concertefninto lecturing), you may be lucky to have spare time to have a secondary source of income (an opportunity that a banking job may not avail you) and lastly, the healthy competition will help you further (PhD and all).
In conclusion, as a contract staff in a bank, there is every tendency that you may not get a welfare package boost ( meaning you may retire as a contract staff… that is if they don't fire you), but the Federal job will avail you opportunity to grow.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2019
For this i doubt if you actually need advice. Federal job can't be compared to a banking job even if the pay for bank is bigger.

In a Federal job, there is....
1. job security. Which bank cant give you.
2. There is 100% pension scheme guaranteed. Bank wont guarantee you that.
3. No excessive work pressure compared to Bank's
4. You have a better and guaranteed career
5. Job satisfaction guaranteed via periodic promotions.
6. No casualisation compared to Bnk
7. The list goes on...... use your head
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Uniquekriss(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2019
Write4me:
For access to cash and exposure go for Access Bank. For endurance and perceivarance go for Tecnologist II. Remember to put your effort in whatever you decicide as this will be the ultimate judge of your competence.
bad advice, we all know that bank job has no security and the target and requirements from d banking sector these days is onerous. My brother plz go for d federal govt job and u would also have time to do other things.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by auwalyau: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2019
Attend the interview, if you get the Federal job, take it. Bank job, that is not even permanent does not look like the better option in this scenario. Praay to God for guidance. Good luck.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by abumaryam012(m): 8:48am On Nov 27, 2019
How can you compare Federal Job and Banking Job. My brother better you go for the interview and if succeeded, you quit the banking job.
You even called the job contract which means they can sack any time they so wish, which is not possible in the Federal Government job, there's what is called job security and more opportunities and time then banking job.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by ulysses: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2019
BRO FLEE FROM BANKING....quote author=Topsydo post=84376227]Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month and now I have been shortlisted for an interview in a federal university for d post of technologist at the ICT centre of d sch, now I am confused on what to do maybe to attend the interview and drop the banking job I just got not up to a month.

Please I need Ur advice[/quote]
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by inspitation: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2019
My brother go for your interview sharp sharp i missed such a golden opportunity years back with Nigerian Printing and Minting commission i was to start on 60k salary but where i was then were paying me 95k so i rejected the work based on salary difference now the company is folded and im back to square 1 i still regret it till today my level for don high by now

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by davidtemi(m): 8:55am On Nov 27, 2019
Wat a question
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by MicroBox: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:

Please I need Ur advice
Nigerian youths are most deluded and misguided. It would be a jackpot to start career mentorship and counseling consultancy business.
" As a HND holder how much will I be paid and I was told I won't be able to go further until I spent a certain years. "
The main problem of Nigerians <Shallow mind>
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Roozzaay(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2019
"i am a recent graduate" that's why you're still here asking what to do. grin You want to compare being a "contract staff" to FG job?
Should i tell you that you can go to work tomorrow and discovered you've been logged out on the system you used to work with in that bank?
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by kernniejay(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2019
Didn't you read right here on Nairaland how firstbank just laid off over 800 non-core staff recently? And they are not done yet, many more banks will still do the same very soon. Have you ever heard that Federal Government is laying off massively like that? Besides, you cannot stay more than a year in that your banking job before you start looking for another job because you will be thoroughly used and you wont be able to describe the pressure you will be subjected to. No career growth and no access to loans which your core colleagues are enjoying. In fact, you are not entitled to anything welfare apart from your salary and health insurance. Go for the Federal Government job interview and once you succeed begin to plan your resignation. Do not resign yet because Federal jobs take a long time before the employment process is completed.
Goodluck but not Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2019
If the federal job is secure drop the bank job and run away.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 27, 2019
Fast!!
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Roozzaay(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2019
Equity15:
as country hard like this, where una follow dey see all these juicy jobs? there's still hope for me God's willing.

And your faith and hard-work shall take you there.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Ugwustanley206(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2019
Please which course did you study abeg
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by stevups(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Go for the interview! If you are employed in federal gov't job, every day is weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer / Starting Project Management Training/certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.