Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,906 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:58 AM

Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading (13370 Views)

Enrol Your Children In Schools Or Go To Jail – Senate Bill / Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill / Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by anonimi: 6:20am On Nov 27, 2019
farem:
It is very easy to know when a dog is let out. Na so so senseless barking.
So poverty is the only reason for law making and law amendment. Dem take poverty do you for your generation?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4992326_4891524screenshot20170219203617jpegc7892792109403c3dad901465f733b9a_jpegdd5622e3bdf3e409b174b8e386ee23ac

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by anonimi: 6:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Fadomero:
I don't get it what rubbish bill is that the solution to the poverty in the land

Addressing poverty is not their priority.
Please see below.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2

1 Like

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by AngelicBeing: 6:23am On Nov 27, 2019
bigfrancis21:
My only issue with this bill is the removal of statute of limitations. Even in more advanced countries, statute of limitations exist for a reason due to changing laws over time, thus what may be legally or socially permissible 30 years ago (socially permissible yes? Morally right it may not have been) may be outlawed today, thus people should not be indicted from periods when certain things were permissible. It would be similar to jailing a 115-year old grandfather for partaking in slavery in the late 1800s when it was legally allowed but banned today.

The inclusion of men in the bill may serve as a catalyst to gather male support to ensure the passage of the bill.
cool
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Fadomero(m): 6:25am On Nov 27, 2019
farem:

It is very easy to know when a dog is let out. Na so so senseless barking.
So poverty is the only reason for law making and law amendment. Dem take poverty do you for your generation?
I don't know how my opinion take concern u na becos u sabi say tru me u can easily get like ewu oya make mugu like u start dey give u like animal
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Lynx001: 6:25am On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

Really, if I am a girl will you say this?
no i wönt. because 4 rape 2 occur the raper has to penetrate the rapee
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by farem: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2019
Fadomero:
I don't know how my opinion take concern u na becos u sabi say tru me u can easily get like ewu oya make mugu like u start dey give u like animal

The whole reason (why) you are my concern is to let you learn how to reason FIRST before you talk. Not everything on discourse is at your level of deciphering.
Sometimes, you cover your deficiency by just waka PASS! Silence, of a fool, could be termed golden.
Right?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by CaptainFM1: 6:32am On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:
Aunty Folake is in trouble!

She defiled me when I was in J.S.S1, I will make sure I report her if this bill is eventually passed!

Thank God they are also removing the statute of limitation, she will not escape the punishment of the emotional trauma she put me through!

Laelae

JSS 1 better sef. Mine na since when I be toddler. All the people wey bath me touch my thing and pleasurise themselves. I still remember aunty Fadeke....She carry me for hand and started tapping and dangling the thing! Chai I sorfa!

5 Likes

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Venerable612(m): 6:34am On Nov 27, 2019
bigfrancis21:
My only issue with this bill is the removal of statute of limitations. Even in more advanced countries, statute of limitations exist for a reason due to changing laws over time, thus what may be legally or socially permissible 30 years ago (socially permissible yes? Morally right it may not have been) may be outlawed today, thus people should not be indicted from periods when certain things were permissible. It would be similar to jailing a 115-year old grandfather for partaking in slavery in the late 1800s when it was legally allowed but banned today.

The inclusion of men in the bill may serve as a catalyst to gather male support to ensure the passage of the bill.

You obviously did not understand the message passed across.

Statute of Limitations on the offences of Defilement ALONE, was deleted.

So if you defile a person 100 years ago, you can still be tried for it today. Simple.

I don’t understand why anyone would have a problem with that.

1 Like

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Fadomero(m): 6:37am On Nov 27, 2019
farem:

The whole reason (why) is to learn to reason first before you talk. Not everything on discourse is at your level of deciphering.
Sometimes, you cover your deficiency by just waka pass!
Right?
shut up we know ur type na to dey use rubbish grama hunger dey tear ur pant carry on dey blow oyibo
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by cyrilamx(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2019
Lynx001:
.But how your preeq take stand. U are also at fault
Going by ur assertion, the female victim of rape is also culpable for getting wet and her legs open for penetration. Dont u think?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Roozzaay(m): 6:43am On Nov 27, 2019
For the first time they are taking the right step towards tackling the issue of rape. If someone should make a research they will find out that greater percentage of male child are being molested at tender age compare to female folks.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by DeRay98(m): 6:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Fadomero:
I don't get it what rubbish bill is that the solution to the poverty in the land

Must you expose your ignorance
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by johnmartus(m): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2019
J.s.s1, your dick must arose then.
LegendHero:

She defiled me when I was in J.S.S1, I will make sure I report her if this bill is eventually passed!

Thank God they are also removing the statute of limitation, she will not escape the punishment of the emotional trauma she put me through!

Laelae
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Lynx001: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2019
cyrilamx:
Going by ur assertion, the female victim of rape is also culpable for getting wet and her legs open for penetration. Dont u think?
Maybe. But geting wet is not a component of rape.d main issue is the penetratiom which is carried out by the male. Maybe women will be charged for facilitating easy entry by getting wet.
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Asabe4(f): 6:49am On Nov 27, 2019
Very good.. Isn't fair that men aren't believed to be rape victims

3 Likes

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by edoairways: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2019
Offpoint:
grin The kinda rape stories that'll be chunk out once this bill is finally sign into law will be mind boggling.
Neighbors will be found guilty
Friends will be found guilty
Relatives will be found guilty
Church members will be found guilty...

Guys only get molested mostly during their childhood or teenage hood...

My landlord daughters should Start getting their lawyers read... they raped when I was sexually ready, now that I'm ready they left sexual starved and going after men with fat bellies.
Not totally correct.
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Fadomero(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2019
DeRay98:

Must you expose your ignorance ...
I forgot your name is ignorance sorry for exposing u ewu
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by contigiency(m): 6:53am On Nov 27, 2019
Fadomero:

Oga, if you are poor, go and look for something to do and stop ranting everywhere as if God gave others the brain to be useful to themselves and denied you same. Look at a very important issue like this and your infantry contribution.
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by TheSourcerer: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

Laelae
do you have prove its a serious accusation, and may denote hate speech if found false ,
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by olaposer(m): 6:58am On Nov 27, 2019
Our senators are bunch of fools as much as I like senator that sponsor the because of the much respect I have for asiwaju , most of this so call bills has no or little values to us presently as much as hunger in the land , we are not feeling them in our lives , all men and boys are frustrated to become internet fraudsters or other crimes tow survive, ladies are practically selling their bodies to feed, marriages keep crashing because of financial issues still there is no signal this is coming to an end anytime soon , is it a crime to be Nigerian? Respect to the current members of zamfara house of assembly I love you all for bold step hope others will follow.
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Samolasoj(m): 6:58am On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

Laelae

Lol
She is definitely in for a big one if only u are not lieing
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by hardbody: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

Laelae

The removal of time limitation is for new acts of defilement. Laws are not retroactive in effect, only Decrees can be so made. So you cant do anything to Aunty Folake based on the extant bill if itvpassed into Law, except she carries out the act again. Meanwhile tell her she can come and defile me and no one will hear it, i promise wink wink
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by NothingDoMe: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2019
Debaiz:

What are you saying?

Was there a time rape was legally and/or morally right?, or are you envisaging that there could be a time that rape will be legally and/or morally right?

I curse the day rape will ever be socially acceptable. May I never live to see such day.

It doesn’t matter if you commit the offense 200years ago or 2 centuries ago. Rape will always be rape and as long as it can be proved beyond reasonable doubt, you will be found guilty.
How do you prove rape of 200 years ago?
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Fadomero(m): 7:01am On Nov 27, 2019
contigiency:

Oga, if you are poor, go and look for something to do and stop ranting everywhere as if God gave others the brain to be useful to themselves and denied you same. Look at a very important issue like this and your infantry contribution.
shut up
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Dagrace01(m): 7:02am On Nov 27, 2019
I was raped and abused by an elderly family friend when I was still a kid. The experience was bittersweet cheesy.. But I know of someone whose experience was of dire circumstances, his rod couldn't stand until after 2 decades. This bill is a step in the right direction for gender equality in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by bukatyne(f): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2019
anonimi:

That is why LEGALLY it is impossible to rape men, although they can be sexually abused.
For rape to happen legally, there must be PENETRATION.

I thought rape was sex without consent?

1 Like

Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Akposkool(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNac13jQtF8

How about we show you the latest bleaching method used by Nigerian ladies?
This is beyond expression
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by KayCee92(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2019
God move, it time to turn the table now so the male rape victims fit blow to. Please share your rape story guys. Am sure many has been molested and raped at same time. grin
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Sweeetheart(m): 7:15am On Nov 27, 2019
I was a victim too in jss 3, corper chinwe a corper then use her big yansh to torment me though I wouldn't call it Rape because I fell for her seduction

she made me have a wild taste of sex till date, it get to some point that ladies of my age don't attract me, I became attracted to older ladies of her age

this is why I have always have the boldness to woo ladies aged than me without shying away. that lady fvck like Lion
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by nuelyoyo(m): 7:17am On Nov 27, 2019
Long overdue.
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Bahddo(m): 7:33am On Nov 27, 2019
Finally!
Re: Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading by Bahddo(m): 7:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Fadomero:
don't be stupid, man. It's a good bill that should have been proposed and signed into law decades years ago.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa Day 2020: President Buhari Preaches Peace Across The Continent / Masari Bans Commercial Phone Charging Points In Katsina Over Banditry / Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Ignores EFCC Invitation- SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.