Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,517 members, 7,920,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:55 PM

My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone (1717 Views)

infinix ,oppo,Vivo and Gionee Which Phone Is Better? / Between Hauwei And Xiaomi And Gionee Which Is A Better Buy, My Budget Is 75k / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2019
Hello house, this piece of post is just to let people know about buying Gionee Phone from Jumia. I bought a Gionee S10 Lite from Jumia 3 months ago for my kid sis, the phone stopped charging and not powering ON.

I sent Jumia mail, and I was replied to take it down to a certain place for repair. I took it to Gionee Service Center at Medical Road, Ikeja which is closer to me, thinking the same issue would be resolved there, but immediately the attendant saw the pack, she said they don't attend to Gionee phone from Jumia. Then I went straight to the address Jumia sent to me.

I met the man, and he told me I will need to pay certain amount to fix the phone, I explained to him that the phone is still under warranty. The repairer said Jumia has been sending other people like me to him for the same problem with their phones.

He said I will need to pay for the repair. I left the place and put a call through Jumia customer service line, I told the agent that I was charged for a phone I bought just 3months ago, he said yes, I will need to pay for the repair, and I further asked if the phone is under warranty, the agent said yes, but he doesn't know the period.

Now, I will bear the cost of repairing a phone with warranty from Jumia. Please, never buy any phone on Jumia, just go to an authorised shop to get your phone. Jumia is a scum, and fake items have flooded their markets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for this info... been thinking about buying this same S10 from jumia
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by Carlmax(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
Thank you for posting this topic online. Let everyone be informed, Gionee phones on JUMIA are either fake or not under warranty from the gionee. I have had same experience as OP.
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by Littlemix(f): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Never u buy phones on jumai. Pls. Buy at ur own detriment.
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by strangest(m): 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
Gionee has closed market, I think one of their oga chop dem down
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by ddjay: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
strangest:
Gionee has closed market, I think one of their oga chop dem down
Apart from that, this s10 variant is only popular on jumia, u will not see it on gsmarena etc. If gionee is having issues, i wonder who is making these recent models
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by Clemercy2: 12:40am On Nov 28, 2019
I bought the same phone from Jumia for the past 7 months and it is working perfectly, and I help my friend buy one too no issue. This can't be a general problem
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by ratioxyz: 6:39am On Nov 28, 2019
Badelove:
Hello house, this piece of post is just to let people know about buying Gionee Phone from Jumia. I bought a Gionee S10 Lite from Jumia 3 months ago for my kid sis, the phone stopped charging and not powering ON.

I sent Jumia mail, and I was replied to take it down to a certain place for repair. I took it to Gionee Service Center at Medical Road, Ikeja which is closer to me, thinking the same issue would be resolved there, but immediately the attendant saw the pack, she said they don't attend to Gionee phone from Jumia. Then I went straight to the address Jumia sent to me.

I met the man, and he told me I will need to pay certain amount to fix the phone, I explained to him that the phone is still under warranty. The repairer said Jumia has been sending other people like me to him for the same problem with their phones.

He said I will need to pay for the repair. I left the place and put a call through Jumia customer service line, I told the agent that I was charged for a phone I bought just 3months ago, he said yes, I will need to pay for the repair, and I further asked if the phone is under warranty, the agent said yes, but he doesn't know the period.

Now, I will bear the cost of repairing a phone with warranty from Jumia. Please, never buy any phone on Jumia, just go to an authorised shop to get your phone. Jumia is a scum, and fake items have flooded their markets
Gioneeonline come and see o. Anyways Badelove what's the engineer contact Jumia gave you? . I needed repairs also and I offered to even forgo warranty at the Medical road Gionee Centre so I can enjoy my phone but those people insisted they don't repair Jumia phones
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by WhisperedNoise: 8:23am On Nov 28, 2019
Go and raise clout on Twitter! The phone is under warranty na! Many of these companies have zero customer satisfaction policies.
If they won't have sense in private (after you've sent a mail), then they MUST have sense in public (following a Twitter outrage).
Post your complaint on Twitter and tag popular influencers.

All the best man.
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by PlsBanMe: 8:36am On Nov 28, 2019
ddjay:

Apart from that, this s10 variant is only popular on jumia, u will not see it on gsmarena etc. If gionee is having issues, i wonder who is making these recent models

It is funny that you are lying on Nairaland. Not everyone is ignorant.

This is the link to the phone on gsmarena.
https://m.gsmarena.com/gionee_s10_lite_official-news-28829.php

You should know the truth so you can be set free.

Gionee S10 lite is a good budget phone.

All technological products sometimes have a few that suffer from defects
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by PlsBanMe: 8:48am On Nov 28, 2019
Badelove

I am guessing your phone suddenly went off and even after you connected charger it is refusing to charge, right? If this is the case, then try this simple solution if you haven't done it yet.

Press your power on button down and refuse to leave it for like 3 minutes or till it vibrates and come on. It might come up. This has happened to me too as this Gionee s10 lite is one of my phones. I almost took it for repair too.
Re: My Encounter With Jumia And Gionee Phone by benzzyno(m): 8:57am On Nov 28, 2019
Clemercy2:
I bought the same phone from Jumia for the past 7 months and it is working perfectly, and I help my friend buy one too no issue. This can't be a general problem
.. Very true.. Because am still using the one i bought more than 5months now with no issues.. The OP was not just lucky.. It happens once in a while.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Install GCAM On Redmi Note 8 Pro / How To Know Refurbished Vs New Iphones / Infinix Hot 11 Specs And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.