Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,790 members, 7,879,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Unai Emery pleads with Arsenal fans to get behind the team as he pens farewell - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Unai Emery pleads with Arsenal fans to get behind the team as he pens farewell (455 Views)

I Have Seen It All: David De Gea Pens Farewell Message To Man Utd Fans / Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unai Emery pleads with Arsenal fans to get behind the team as he pens farewell by oshozondii: 8:17am On Nov 30, 2019
Unai Emery has written a letter of thanks to Arsenal after his sacking on Friday.

He was fired after leading Arsenal to their worst run of results since 1992.

The 48-year-old expressed his gratitude to the clubs fans, staff and owners. Hello also urged Arsenal fans to give the players their full support after his sacking on Friday.

The Spaniard was dismissed on Friday morning just hours after the humiliating Europa League group stage defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt, and he has written a letter of thanks to Arsenal.

Emery told the club website: 'It has been an honour to be the Arsenal head coach.

'To all the fans, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me to understand and feel the greatness of Arsenal. To all of you who have supported us from every corner of the globe, all of you who have come to the Emirates, all of you who have waited in the rain and cold just to greet me after a game. I want to tell all of you that I have worked with passion, with commitment and with effort.

'I would have liked nothing more than to have achieved better results for you.

'I also want to send a message of gratitude to all Arsenal employees for the way they have treated me. The greatness of Arsenal is in every director, executive, employee, assistant and volunteer.

'In particular, I want to highlight Ivan Gazidis, who welcomed me to the club, and Raul Sanllehi, Edu and Vinai Venkatesham for their respect, companionship and help. Until the very last minute I have been treated with honour and honesty. And of course, I send my sincere gratitude to the Kroenke family, for their trust.

'It has been a year and a half full of emotions, of great moments and some other more bitter ones, but not a single day has gone by without me stopping to think about how lucky I have been to work for this club with these players and their professional and personal qualities.

'They have always honoured the shirt they wear. They deserve your support.

'I had already experienced a lot in football, but I have enjoyed and learned a lot in England, in the Premier League, about respect for professionals and about the purity of football.

'My best wishes always. COYG.'
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7739987/amp/Unai-Emery-pleads-Arsenal-fans-team-pens-farewell-letter-sacking.html
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery pleads with Arsenal fans to get behind the team as he pens farewell by chiefolododo(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2019
Aresenal fc have given Emery a bad name, a bad CV

2 Likes

Re: Unai Emery pleads with Arsenal fans to get behind the team as he pens farewell by kalvoken(m): 4:46am On Dec 01, 2019
Good ebening

Re: Unai Emery pleads with Arsenal fans to get behind the team as he pens farewell by Timmy301(m): 8:10am On Dec 01, 2019
Good ebening
But arsenal don spoil him resume Sha
This man was never the problem, those players where so uncoachable
I hope Freddie does great, so they play better for him
Cos they might lose or draw today again

(1) (Reply)

Sure 3 Odds Daily Trials For Bet9ja High Stakers To Smile Before Xmas. / Some Odds For Open Minded People / What Makes Teenage Sensation Erling HÃ¥land Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.