Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,790 members, 7,886,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:33 PM

Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned (53591 Views)

COVID-19: The Scramble To Save Femi Odekunle’s Life Yielded 170 Oxygen Cylinders / Stop Using Saliva As Sex Lubricant - Medical Expert Warns / Stop Using Toothpaste To Tighten Your Vagina - Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
taylor89:
Omo and na Wetin i dey use since January OOO 12.5kg

Which kind wahala be this
Nah 12.5kg be this? This wan na small gas na.
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by ainas247: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Albinoworwor:

Don't put burner directly on it to cook

Thanks, fam
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by ainas247: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
Minjim:

Don't use it as camp gas. You can attach it to a cooker

Thank you
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by cRobo: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
anonymous1759:

So because you're in America now you can talk Trash?? Does America accept substandard goods? Abeg pack well. You might be in America but you're reasoning like our Ancestors.

Why are you triggered?
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by mutumina007: 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
Governor Akeredolu Chides Olanusi Over Uncomplementary Remarks On Development. -
https://www.nairaland.com/5557513/governor-akeredolu-chides-olanusi-over
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by cRobo: 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2019
anonymous1759:

So because you're in America now you can talk Trash?? Does America accept substandard goods? Abeg pack well. You might be in America but you're reasoning like our Ancestors.

Why are you triggered?

Is frustration taking it's toll on you

Typical Nigerian mentality
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by SOFTENGR: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
taylor89:

You dey mind dem?
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by maasoap(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
ainas247:
shocked so what are we going to use now
and what's the way forward and precaution to note..
I am using that 12.5 the orange color for over 4 years now..

Dominate Google Search with your product
chat up now now
taylor89:

What they're saying is that if you are using 12.5kg cylinder, use it with separate burner connected together by hose. Don't place burner directly on top of 12.5kg cylinder

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by anonymous1759(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
cRobo:

Why are you triggered?

Is frustration taking it's toll on you

Typical Nigerian mentality

Your stupidity triggered my outburst I'm not Frustrated and my mentality intact unlike you.

How can a Sane person Fault this report??
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by jahsharon: 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
thesicilian:
They should withdraw all the used 12.5kg cylinders in the market and homes and replace them with the appropriate specs at no cost. And prevent the importation of others. It's not just about making noise on TV or social media.

Government should buy cylinders for people to cook. Okay nah.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by Frankisslove: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=fergie001 post=84491953]The Standards Organisation of Nigeria has cautioned Nigerians to stay away from used gas cylinders because they are potential bombs waiting to explode.

The standard agency issued the warning following the seizure of five thousand imported LPG Cylinders that failed standards specifications.

Describing the cylinders as highly dangerous to use, it was noted that higher cylinder capacities like 12.5 kg and above can not be used as camp gas.

The continued usage of imported used gas cylinders is said to be responsible for the many avoidable cylinder explosions across the country which had led to wanton loss of lives and properties.

Those dealing in the LPG gas cylinders and accessories are being urged to abide strictly by the safety requirements in the relevant Nigeria Industrial Standards.

So what do we start using now? This cylinder is what is keeping all households for now.

Government should look for a way to empower individuals to produce locally made cylinder that is affordable and durable.
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by ainas247: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
maasoap:

What they're saying is that if you are using 12.5kg cylinder, use it with separate burner connected together by hose. Don't place burner directly on top of 12.5kg cylinder

wink Na correct man you be
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by Crieff(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
MillerJnr:

my brother this your comment is too poor and totally off point,
they simply meant you should keep all 12.5kg cylinders outside and connect a hose to your kitchen,
trust me , you don't wanna see how the explosion of 12.5kg cylinder would be like.

Really? It must be so awful.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by frozen70(f): 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=Iykolysis post=84498465][/quote]

I don't think you got the message, read very well, it's refering to people cooking on top of 12kg cylinder with bunners and not those connected with a hose to the cooker in the kitchen

Always try to understand what you read before commenting to avoid blind arguments
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by juman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
Government should say it louder to people so that they know the potential danger.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by AreaFada2: 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
This is serious o

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
cRobo:
Just fed up with everything in Nigeria, any way thats why i came to America

Na fire wood and charcoal stove sure pass for una

Nigeria gradually returning back to stone age
. SO YOU LEFT WITH ALL YOUR GENERATION TO AMERICA WITH YOU LEAVING NO ONE LEFT AT HOME, NA THEIR TYPE BE THIS, AFTER BAFING YOU WANT TO TROW AWAY BOTH THE CHILD AND WATER TOGETHER
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by Kuginzi: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
cRobo:
Just fed up with everything in Nigeria, any way thats why i came to America

Na fire wood and charcoal stove sure pass for una

Nigeria gradually returning back to stone age
United State of (America or Abia)

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2019
Poor messaging. I had to read through to understand what camp gas means.

Even so, SON is not trying at all. Between them and lpg association, they need to enlighten end users in proper and safe gas usage.
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by seangy4konji: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
Wahala full this could try. Wetin man go co.e use like that??
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by Timozo1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2019
Those using 12.5kg as camp gas is Dangerous, even those using small cylinder as camp gas is also dangerous. Buy gas burner and connect you hose to the gas cylinder , it is safer that way.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
taylor89:

Use this with hole and table Burner stove
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by chloride6: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
ainas247:
shocked so what are we going to use now
and what's the way forward and precaution to note..
I am using that 12.5 the orange color for over 4 years now..

Dominate Google Search with your product
chat up now now

As camp gas?
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by asahnwaKC: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
I think camp gas should be wiped out entirely....very dangerous something angry

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by cRobo: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Kuginzi:

United State of (America or Abia)

So you know

1 Like

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
Nice one
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by gbaskiboy: 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
taylor89:

This is time bomb waiting to explode, better you change it to new one
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by Akinlady(f): 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2019
taylor89:

Keep it outside... they did not say don't use it. It's not safe as a camp gas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by thesicilian: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
jahsharon:

Government should buy cylinders for people to cook. Okay nah.
You guys have become so used to the abnormal that the mere mention of the normal seems weird to you.
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by mechanics(m): 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
How will one know if the gas cylinder has being used before?
Re: Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned by barbietosin(f): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
This is not 12.5

taylor89:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Mourns Her Boyfriend, Makes Tiktok Video For Him / Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / European Court Sentences Baby To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.