Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,642 members, 7,878,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:29 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device (37140 Views)

Samsung Has Raised The Bar For Android Updates / Have Android Updates Become Useless? / Different People And Their Status Updates On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by sapientia(m): 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2019
Becareful what you update.

Make sure its the stable version always.

Don't run and update, unless you know what you are doing.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Emmanuel226(m): 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
AlphaStyles:
camera wise apart from that watin iPhone get again Las Las their own updates worst pass our own na Dem spend money for MB pass us

If na camera Google pixel, Samsung and Huawei Dy to match them

Even low budget Android phones takes stunning shots
true talk

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Johnwick64: 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
do I need data 2 update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by bettadayz: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
My android phone dey for auto-update. I don't want to hear story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by PotatoSalad(m): 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2019
ijewejones:

Why is mine always "hot" when charging & when not charging(when in use)
Quick charge
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
I update my android apps, chrome begin say not responsive and begin hang.I uninstall the update the chrome begin work normal again.Na the latest OS o.Pie.I think Google should just cancel update because it is of no use.By the time one update his android to an extent it will take up one's storage and the phone will start malfunctioning.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Truthbites: 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
I disagree with No 3. They still deduct from my data once I update any stuff....so can you expatiate on this?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by ForbesHomesNG(m): 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
sapientia:
Becareful what you update.

Make sure its the stable version always.

Don't run and update, unless you know what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Lifesnatcher(m): 11:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
when i first bought my phone i always like to skip an update.but now i later found out that update is very good because it has change a lot in my phone.not only my phone and also my app. smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by mercyviv(f): 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
geunik:
Everything was repetition
Lol. Noticed that too grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Ryocaj(m): 12:23am On Dec 01, 2019
Ireboya:
People still dey use android ? undecided
Fake life spotted.. This one doesn't even know android phones still control d markets n r d best selling.. There is class in android too.. Samsung, Nokia n HTC.. not everyone uses Tecno, Infinix, Fero, Injoo, Lenovi, Coolpad, Itel, Oppo n d likes....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Premiumwriter: 12:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Everytime I update my phone they always add useless apps that I can't uninstall. That's the only change I can see
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by brightalo1010: 12:41am On Dec 01, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Android users are still in the stone age..

Upgrade to IOS or fucck off
yet Samsung the Android master is supplying parts to Apple To build there overrated iPhone. Where did you left your manners?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Americanboy35: 1:36am On Dec 01, 2019
Ryocaj:

Fake life spotted.. This one doesn't even know android phones still control d markets n r d best selling.. There is class in android too.. Samsung, Nokia n HTC.. not everyone uses Tecno, Infinix, Fero, Injoo, Lenovi, Coolpad, Itel, Oppo n d likes....
God bless you brother grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Temian1: 2:08am On Dec 01, 2019
Are you a student or working class

Get more than 10,000naira Free loan today and return after 1month or 2month start up a business with our loan

http://loan.palmshare.com/register/
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 01, 2019
Updates are not always beneficial. Apple especially push laggy updates on older devices to make them obsolete so users will have to choice than to purchase new models. Imagine pushing an update with 6gb to a 16gb device whose ram is only 1gb and running and 1ghz.

This is apple's modus operandi for eliminating, assassinating and annihilating old models.

Stay away from update if u have an older iOS model.
My old iPhone 4 would have still been as fast as it was it not for the deliberate killer updates by apple.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by persius555(m): 3:00am On Dec 01, 2019
ifeelgood:
I just upgraded my sim card to 4G and my galaxy note3 is 3G. Please what can I do to be able to enjoy my 4gig mtn bonus?

Get a 4G Phone

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by jimmyLd101: 4:34am On Dec 01, 2019
ijewejones:

Why is mine always "hot" when charging & when not charging(when in use)
May be na infinx hot

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Uwaiwe: 4:45am On Dec 01, 2019
If you are using Samsung android released after 2017 you need to constantly update. New updates always revolutionise your phone software for the better.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Yungwealth(m): 4:53am On Dec 01, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Uncle to slap u dy hungry me

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Yungwealth(m): 4:54am On Dec 01, 2019
jimmyLd101:
May be na infinx hot

Lol..mad o

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by TorukMakto: 4:56am On Dec 01, 2019
bravesoul247:
Android updates are there because our devices need them, especially for those that always complain about not having Tecno's update, rumours has it that they've started releasing updates now. Hackers and other cybercriminals are always working on improving their shady methods and finding holes in our security system. They often succeed at this mission and cause numerous data breaches and other incidents worldwide. Below are the reasons why you need them.

1) Skipping Updates Leaves Your Device Vulnerable

Updates are not only there to deliver new icons and fancy wallpapers to your device. They have an essential purpose in the overall function of the Android system.

Each update improves the system by fixing known vulnerabilities that hackers might be able to track down. If you skip the next update, your device will remain unprotected, becoming vulnerable to cyber attacks.

2)Updates Are Easy to Install

All you have to do is approve an update, and the device will do the rest on its own. Plus, you can even turn on the auto-update feature. Your phone will update itself at a set time – usually during the night when you’re not using it anyway. Why skip an important update when you can get it over within a minute or two?

3)You Paid for Them

Would you ever buy something and let it sit somewhere without ever using it again? Probably not, right? So, why should you do the same with Android updates?
When you bought the device, you also paid for a lifetime of system updates from the manufacturer. Skipping them means you’re throwing away something you’ve paid for.
Therefore, instead of giving them a miss, make use of these updates and let them keep your device in optimal health.

4)Updates Bring New Features

Improved security and faster performance are not the only benefits that come with Android updates. We’ve talked a lot about security here, but updating your device gives you new features as well. These range from new apps and widgets to improved display structures, new fonts, and themes, as well as numerous other applications. Updates often change the appearance of certain apps or locations on your phone.

5)Your Device Will Perform Better

Besides improving security, updates fix bugs that slow your device down. If you notice your Android device lagging too often, you’ve probably missed a few updates.
Taking a moment to update your device will make it run smoother. You will no longer have to deal with poor performance or frequent app crashes. Just give the device some time to install an update, and it will perform much better.

Source:https://www.imagefap.com/photo/1981986347/#1

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Mrexcell(m): 4:59am On Dec 01, 2019
bravesoul247:
Android updates are there because our devices need them, especially for those that always complain about not having Tecno's update, rumours has it that they've started releasing updates now. Hackers and other cybercriminals are always working on improving their shady methods and finding holes in our security system. They often succeed at this mission and cause numerous data breaches and other incidents worldwide. Below are the reasons why you need them.

1) Skipping Updates Leaves Your Device Vulnerable

Updates are not only there to deliver new icons and fancy wallpapers to your device. They have an essential purpose in the overall function of the Android system.

Each update improves the system by fixing known vulnerabilities that hackers might be able to track down. If you skip the next update, your device will remain unprotected, becoming vulnerable to cyber attacks.

2)Updates Are Easy to Install

All you have to do is approve an update, and the device will do the rest on its own. Plus, you can even turn on the auto-update feature. Your phone will update itself at a set time – usually during the night when you’re not using it anyway. Why skip an important update when you can get it over within a minute or two?

3)You Paid for Them

Would you ever buy something and let it sit somewhere without ever using it again? Probably not, right? So, why should you do the same with Android updates?
When you bought the device, you also paid for a lifetime of system updates from the manufacturer. Skipping them means you’re throwing away something you’ve paid for.
Therefore, instead of giving them a miss, make use of these updates and let them keep your device in optimal health.

4)Updates Bring New Features

Improved security and faster performance are not the only benefits that come with Android updates. We’ve talked a lot about security here, but updating your device gives you new features as well. These range from new apps and widgets to improved display structures, new fonts, and themes, as well as numerous other applications. Updates often change the appearance of certain apps or locations on your phone.

5)Your Device Will Perform Better

Besides improving security, updates fix bugs that slow your device down. If you notice your Android device lagging too often, you’ve probably missed a few updates.
Taking a moment to update your device will make it run smoother. You will no longer have to deal with poor performance or frequent app crashes. Just give the device some time to install an update, and it will perform much better.

Source:https://www.naijatechguide.com/2018/12/never-skip-android-updates.html

Am using a tecno spark 6.2 I tried updating it but saw a written instruction that says some of my devices might crash if I go ahead to update it I don't understand.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by harden(m): 5:28am On Dec 01, 2019
Hello everyone,pls does Samsung s8+ supports Gcam?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by olamixix: 6:22am On Dec 01, 2019
App updates also has its own bad effects.....it might start to drain ur battery, slow down your phone or take up your storage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Emrixx(f): 6:56am On Dec 01, 2019
Updating my phone cost me over 1gb
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by m140(m): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2019
Emmanuel226:
dey are just intimidating us, cus theirs has a better camera Dan ours. But d truth of d matter is dat if u are using Windos phone or laptop,it's still d same tin
dat u will be facing (app update)
Which better camera?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by m140(m): 7:00am On Dec 01, 2019
AlphaStyles:
camera wise apart from that watin iPhone get again Las Las their own updates worst pass our own na Dem spend money for MB pass us

If na camera Google pixel, Samsung and Huawei Dy to match them

Even low budget Android phones takes stunning shots
LG, Sony, xaomi camera sef bad paaa,

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by MrBONE2(m): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

NOooo we wont grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by Brodagovernor(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2019
One of the reasons I don't like software updates is that they suck up memory gradually, especially the RAM. This eventually causes lagging in system operations, hence the need to 'factory reset/root' or change the phone. I believe all these (hacking, updating, etc) are basically strategise for us not to use a phone more than 2 to 3 years.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device by m140(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2019
brightalo1010:
yet Samsung the Android master is supplying parts to Apple To build there overrated iPhone. Where did you left your manners?
You dey mind them , most iPhone users here no sabi smartphones functions well, they only bought for show offs.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uganda Vs Nigeria Trending On Twitter / Iphone 7 Full Specifications, Prices & Images / Glo Data Overload Promo. 2k For 2.5gb 5k For 12gb, 8k For 24gb, 15k For 36gb.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.