Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,850 members, 7,942,132 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan (27288 Views)

El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Deliver 6-Lane Lekki-Epe Highway Project 1st Quarter 2022 / Sunday Igboho: I Can Fight Boko Haram Without Government Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by chukzyfcbb: 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
Buying a property in Lagos should be a course on its own.

It will suprise you guys that these lands that is claimed to be in Govts right of way, some of them may have C/O.

The same Govt that will spank them for building on Govts area is the same Govt that would have been collecting Ground rent and sending boiz to collect money in name of tax.

Real estate in Lagos na war!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by ChristineC: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
Wickedfacts:

What do you know? Better go and sit down somewhere.
Hope you know they are revoking CofOs and resettling families with excision in Ibeju. Not to talk of the government acquisition that they're turning to government committed lands for the refinery extension.

Wait until you get to site and try to start work. That's when you'll see magic. Go and ask people there.
I'm unsure what is it exactly you are on about. speak for yourself mate. you sound like nobody's built houses in Lekki before, why are you even talking about refinery? do you know how far the refinery is even from the boundaries of Ibeju-Lekki which starts from around Majek or what do they call that resort sef? WTF go sleep

Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by Houseoffranklin: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2019
futurism:
All those Ibeju Lekki area is a dangerous place to buy land based on what I learned.
why?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by surgical: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
helinues:
Give them proper notification before embarking on demolishing the houses or that may hunt you back
How, the people don't have a say in who becomes the governor of Lagos,they donated that right long time ago
Therefore they can endure any shit and do no jack

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by webngnews: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by NaijaHeadlines: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2019
Hmm..
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by Ishilove: 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
ornicus:

Are you saying he will wash his hands of the matter of the church in the row?
Indeed I am
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by tonididdy(m): 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
brownnikky16:
Well if this will solve the flooding then its ok

It's ok to demolish someone's sweat to satisfy your erosion prone land. Why didn't you look before buying in the first place.

Nonsense.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by Sagay212: 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2019
delpee:

You can always verify before you buy and build. Omonile, the lawyer has been doing a wonderful job in this regard.

I hear you. Even with all your C of O and necessary land documents issued by government, they'll still steal your land from you and nothing will happe or they'll claim to compensate you and it will be stories at the end of the day
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 02, 2019
futurism:
All those Ibeju Lekki area is a dangerous place to buy land based on what I learned.

Please tell me what you learnt. I'm about to buy land there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by Shittabay4nija(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2019
My personal opinion is the fact that his excellency has identify a major challenge in the planning condition of the state . But the fact remain that no action will be taken on most of the defaulters .
The people in Lekki that have developed on public land and other spaces that are not in the original master plan for allocations to build and develop .
Take the CBD as a typical example sample . You will discover that spaces that are allocated for parking has being reallocated for schools shopping mall etc .
Even with the will power the structure will complete compromise the operation .
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by futurism: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
ChristineC:
better go and invest for your children's future and drop hearsay grin
I am involved in a 100 acres purchase, after they said it is not under acquisition, even though I warned them that we have a surveyor general in charge of investigations.

They said no problem.. One of them kept bugging us to come and pay...

Well, it turned out the land is under government acquisition from our investigators.

Your eyes go clear las las
P. S The land talked about here is not Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by futurism: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
successful35:

Please tell me what you learnt. I'm about to buy land there
before you buy, do your due diligence before you pay them.

They will tell you that no problem on the land because they want your money.

I am part of a team working for a client to acquire some acres of land, about 1 and half hectares of land actually....
They told us no problem on the land, I told them we would investigate it and they said no problem.

They probably said it to make us believe it's genuine.

Eventually our team of investigators found out that the land is under government acquisition.

So you see?

Someone advised that before you buy land at Ibeju Lekki, you should confirm from. Alausa.

For our own we have surveyor general that handles stuff like that for us. If he says we should go ahead, we would. If he says no, we don't.

Just do ur due diligence before u buy.. Don't even trust ur own brother in this case.

Nigerians are hungry lions looking for whom to devour

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan by futurism: 12:00am On Dec 11, 2019
Stevecovey:

Yes. Many fraudulent estate agents. We almost fell for one. Our lawyer told us to check with planning office before payment, and we found out the agent had not even gotten CofO for the land cos it was under contention wt the state government.
Another seller had duped him, and he wanted to quickly chop up and resell the land to unsuspecting buyers. If u see the brochure ehn, you would never believe the land had k-leg.

That is what they do. We just uncovered one recently despite my warnings to. Them. That we have surveyor general that handled investigations for us. They said no problem...

Only for our investigators to reveal the land is under acquisition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abu Dan-Tabawa Arrested Over ‘Secret Meeting With Bandits' In Zamfara / Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West / Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.