Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,865 members, 7,966,231 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:03 AM

Eu’s Disengagement Over Rape Joke: Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eu’s Disengagement Over Rape Joke: Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence (318 Views)

Seun Ajayi And His Family Quit COZA Over Rape Allegation Against Pastor Biodun / Ebuka Replies COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Wale Jana blasts Busola And Timi Dakolo, Defends Pastor Fatoyinbo Over Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eu’s Disengagement Over Rape Joke: Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence by nwokoromercyme(f): 5:07am On Dec 03, 2019
Popular Nigerian comedian, Basketmouth who has been dropped as an ambassador to sex and gender-based violence over a joke he made about rape.

The comedian has finally breaks silence amid reports of his joke he made about rape.

See his post below;

Almost every morning in the blogs, on the news, there's a picture of a man sitting on the floor pleading, the caption is usually in the line of 'its the devils handwork' and the topic is from underage defilement, rape or brutality against a woman or minor. I live in this same world with my most prized possessions my wife, my two daughters, my sisters and women who have built me into the man I am.

I was recently presented an opportunity to create awareness on the efforts of the EU to bring support to fighting this scourge, it was a no-brainer for me. I refused any compensation for it and volunteered to lend my voice because....its our fight, it's not for the EU...its for my girls' future.

Unfortunately, a few years ago I shared up a Facebook post that I thought was shedding light through humor to the entitled crude and very present behavioral patterns of some African men who equate spending to sexual favors, but I also realized then that women actually have to face this daily and its harrowing and I deeply apologized for it

I sincerely pray that this does not take away from the most important fight of our lives....the fight to secure our future...because the girl child is our future. I strongly appreciate the EU for this amazing platform to improve our lot, as long as the message reaches the ears of those who need it, then it's a win. To every woman - our mothers, sisters, lovers, wives, crowns, supporters, prayer partners, foundation, life.... thank you for being who you are. So many times you sacrifice who you are for a man to become who he wants to be. It's time we all love and and also support you like you do us....cos in your light, we all shine

Bless.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lRuutlDTh/

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/eus-disengagement-over-rape-joke.html

Re: Eu’s Disengagement Over Rape Joke: Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence by nwokoromercyme(f): 5:07am On Dec 03, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Eu’s Disengagement Over Rape Joke: Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence by jamespeter10(m): 5:09am On Dec 03, 2019
Apology accepted sad

(1) (Reply)

How To Gain Back Your Body Weight. / Actress Anita Joseph !! Sheds Tears Of Victory / Tracereporters Publisher 'lola Seriki-idahosa' Bags NUJ Best Online Journalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.