Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,980 members, 7,915,861 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:30 AM

Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season (36474 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Top 10 Highest-paid Players Yet To Play This Premier League 2018/19 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Chingykay77(m): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
smat101:

Even Ronaldo Himself knows that he doesn't deserve the award...
Dyabala is way better than Him this season...

just as messi didn't deserve 2010 Ballon d'or wink
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by ikorodureporta: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
Numerouno94:

Una dn start again. Wetin bring kaka kum here again. Hw Cr7 take deserve kaka own?
Ronaldo fans lyk wahala i swear.

na there ojoro start
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Temptee101(m): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
Stupid award

Ojoro of the highest level

What is penaldo even playing in seria A sef. Nothing really changed for juventus since his arrival, juve always struggle to score goals

Goan check seria A top scorer's list and see for yourself
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by 8stargeneral: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
ednut1:
Never heard of this award before
Thank God u hear it now, and Ronaldo won it!
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Cajal(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dis one na arrangee award to soothe his ego.. Juventus are going out of their way to soothe his selfish ego. D only reason he attended d award show won by Van Dijk was becos he knew Messi didn't winn it and dats fine by him. He wasn't even d best player in Serie A last season or dis season so far... Quagliarrella ended d season as d highest goal scorer with an average Sampdoria
...perfect
He was never the best in serie A
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by tfash96(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Madaraa1:

almost all
But why fallacy of generalisation?
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Expert17: 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ijaya123:
I don’t understand it really.

its not ur fault,........

understanding stuffs s not everybody,..... especially ronaldo fans
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Deandean: 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
helinues:
Egocentric Ronaldo

Why skipping the yesterday Ballon D'or cos you are not winning this time...

Hiss

He z so babyish....his sense of entitlement is so repulsive....he even brought his mother to complain on instagram on how his son was rubbed of d award last yr...Messi wil say wen asked,any1 can win d award, and whoever wins deserves it...but baba will b shouting he deserves every award,he shld b no 1...repugnant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Expert17: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
Madaraa1:
messi fan and chealse fan are mostly touts.

ronaldo will always be my best. uefa champ back to back they say he only knows how to score penalty and their goat ogufe messi nor fit ronaldo has been a victim of politic in fooball well he dont deserve this ballon do or what about last one with modric Bleep football ronaldo is just been hated because of his looks and sucess if you like quote me like mumu good for you
but give me one reason ronaldo should not be called a goat not your mumu reason shall

continue CRYING............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by smat101(m): 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
Chingykay77:

just as messi didn't deserve 2010 Ballon d'or wink
Ronaldo fan I'm not interested to argue with you... I heard u guys are tout grin
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by paroh137(m): 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
He was not even runner up, we all know it's a contest between Messi and van Dijk. Why did he not go? Mumu guy..

Since its a contest between Messi and van Dijk then why should he go?
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by aminusodiq(m): 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
adewest1999:
grin compensatory award.......we dey talk of Balloon D'OR you dey talk of seria A

All na make Ronaldo no die of thinking
oponu
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by gssjh: 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
1. Step by step on how to relocate to Canada with EXPRESS ENTRY and how to get Visa Invitation Letter to USA, EUROPE, Canada etc without spending a dime on any agent.

2. Discover the secrets how I export Bitter Kola, Cashew Nuts, Ginger, Dried Fish, Pepper, and other Agro allied products to USA, UK, Canada, etc @ from the comfort of my Home.
For more details kindly check my signature
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Madaraa1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
Expert17:

continue CRYING............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

good for you your own don better when i say messi fans na nub brain example this one belike he nor see the part were i say ronaldo nr deserve am this season i also suport messi but ronaldo more mumu
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by adewest1999(m): 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
aminusodiq:
oponu
grin E pain am die............make una try again nxtyr
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by biobab23(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
#ON_LEO_AND_EPL_FANS_CRYING_FOUL

For Lionel Messi to have won the unprecedented sixth Ballon d'or generated unpalatable shades of criticism, grumblings and myopic sensibilites from a section of football lovers around the world especially Nigerian fans.

On a personal note, I respect talented hardworking folks. Just think of Tupac Shakur, LeBron James, Mike Tyson. Leo case isn't different. His talent is just outrageous, incredible and simply inimitable. None like him. None in the history of football I repeat.

No need to bore you with statistics, everything is within your grasp just hear me out.

Leo is two years few months younger than CR7 and this is obvious in their career. No doubt that the latter achieved success with two great European teams while the former stick to just one club. Thus, this according to critics make CR7 the greatest (because he also won Euro trophy with his national team).

Anyway, for CR7 to be the first and only player ever to win world best footballer of the year with two different team (based on UCL performance and popularity) is enough to deflate fact in the estimation of his die hard fans.

CR7 is everything good you claim he is. I once heard an EPL fan saying Messi too should prove himself in a team like Tottenham and I immediately responded that Leo could prove himself anywhere. But the fan believed that to prove himself he must win trophy with a 'not too good team' he never mentioned that Ronaldo played for the best team in premier league history(Manchester United) and also moved to play with the best team in LA Liga history (Real Madrid) as he further moved to play for the best team in serie A (Juventus) why not challenge CR7 to play for Malaga when he moved to Spain; A C Milan when he moved to Italian league? Why bringing on ridiculously funny stuffs? And also Messi's refusal to leave Barca makes him no less a legendary figure. Think of Totti, Ryan Giggs, Maldini and more. So, to have played with just a team reduced him not.

No anti-Messi is talking about his creative ability to provide assists, to dribble, to control the tempo of the game(as a playmaker), to instantly influence the game just because he is a one team man, he is a dwarf and all sort of that... Like I use to say, CR7 will be fondly remember as a footballer for just one footing ability - goal scoring. Aside goal scoring, Ronaldo tops not in other areas like Messi does, like one of the best in his generation for;goal assists, dribbling, as a playmaker, goal scoring. LEO will be remembered for all these as Ronaldo fans are also fully aware of this.

No detractors is talking about the Messi factor. The fear of playing against him, the joy of being by his side, his outrageous influence on decisive games. More than any team in the world for the last ten years paralyze football fans than FC Barcelona just because of 'the Messi factor'. They dare not talk of what great coaches are saying about the two. They talk not of a player who earn outrageous superlatives from commentators through his brilliance performance but about their 'goat' that moves from place to place.

To say CR7 is on the level of Messi must definitely be offensive to an unbiased umpire. It's sickening and funny though but the truth remains, they loath Messi not because they believed Ronaldo is better but that Messi has caused many teams in this 21st century heartbreaks, pains and tears. He put the greatest coach in the history of EPL Sir. Alex Ferguson in a nervous imbalance twice in UCL final, 2009 and 2011. You can browse the internet for "Ferguson shaken limbs against FCB in UCL final". So, what do you expect of a wounded rattle snake? Endless venomous frustrations and more bitterness.

When CR7 moved to Real Madrid, El classico gathered more fans, more rivalries than ever, even than any EPL derby. Viewing centres full to the brim with less than half of the viewers as Barcelona fans mostly dominated by detractors. Observe the sadistic joy that brews in their eyes whenever Barcelona loose (against Liverpool). Other EPL fans too hate Messi just as a way of comforting themselves for past hurts.

Please always ask an anti-Messi to tell you of his team head to head record and Messi's personal performance in such instances. The wise one will shamelessly agreed to his talent but still place CR7 above him. Ask them to tell you of Messi vs CR7 head to head record and they'll be quick to tell you that Ronaldo won four UCL in five years. As though both team plays the same opponents. Never will they compare the two in the highly competitive (than UCL) league titles of la Liga where Ronaldo won just two in nine years while Messi won six. Never will they talk about Barcelona's treble and sextuple. Never will they talk about Ronaldo's 'trophyless' season in Madrid. Never will they talk about Ronaldo's not reaching a reasonable place in world cup. Ronaldo never played or won any personal award in World cup final but Messi did play and clinched the best player award.

I'm highly joyous as a sane Barcelona fan not for Messi's award (because I saw it coming) but for the disappointment given to naysayers rating Virgil Van Dijk's EPL performance on a world stage. What a ridiculous idea! VVD has been duly honored as deserved. And also on the numbers of Ballon d'or. I've said it, it's going to be seven to Ronaldo's five so as not to confuse or make future generations think Messi and Ronaldo are on same level.

O ye detractors, your foul pronouncements alters neither statistics nor facts. Meanwhile, kindly celebrate with us. Have a nice day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Temptee101(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2019
Formularcr7:
if not for incompetence of the award how will a finalist know he's not winning?

You are still pained bro, I can imagine

Who pass you pass you. A1 and C5 nobi the same. You actually know where you belong

The arrogant one knew he had no chance at all even VVD was better positioned to come out tops than him

They had to hurriedly organise one useless award in italy for him on the same night, despite the obvious fact that he's clearly not the best player in seria A

What has changed for juventus since his arrival? Absolutely nothing, juve now struggle to score more than one goal in a match because penaldo no see tap in grin

Never you in your life compare Mr tap-in to the GOAT, MESSI

My brother shoe get size

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Le124(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
Use your brain the award is about last season and not 2019/20 that not even gotten half way
smat101:

Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Le124(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
Use your brain ,the award is about last season and not 2019/20 that have not even gotten half way
smat101:

Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by lanreni: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
Most times, the awardees get hints before the awards who will take it. I feel Ronaldo especially, finds out first before attending.He has a bigger ego than Messi
LOGOBELT:
Hmmm why did he skip the award in Paris Scared of Messi??
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Minemrys: 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
I hate the fact that Ronaldo fails to show up at awards where he will not be star of the show undecided
First na fifa player award now ballon d'or that is not nice but na him business sha grin
n0t a r0naldo fan, but seriously, if ur rival were to invite u to her flashy wedding, will u go? You very much kn0w the media will be all over his reacti0ns with articles, memes and also, the dude loves proving himself. Do u kn0w what that does to s0me0ne? Being m0cked at every c0rner? I respect these guys bt seriously, Fifa or whatever need to give those who really merit it than make it about these 2.
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Timisire: 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ijaya123:
I don’t understand it really.

You will never understand.
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Ajibade123(m): 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
The only GOAT..any other GOAT is a mere dwarf
See incredible ways to achieve customer satisfaction https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-achieve-customer-satisfaction/
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Minemrys: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:
Anything to console penaldo grin
bros, forget. R0naldo, penaldo or tapindo has already made his legacy. Messi also. Can't say same for us. I admire r0naldo cos inspite of the challenge, he still proves himself. He is determined and never gives up saying, i aint messi. He believes he can match him. And that al0ne should bring the man respect.
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Expert17: 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
Madaraa1:

good for you your own don better when i say messi fans na nub brain example this one belike he nor see the part were i say ronaldo nr deserve am this season i also suport messi but ronaldo more mumu

U need tISSUE for this ISSUE...................... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Minemrys: 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
ikorodureporta:
FIFA no try @all for this rivalry.
When Kaka won, CR7 deserved it..
Even with d one they gave to Modric...

Dem suppoz use sense give Van d award
God bless u. Na fifa dy cause dis rival. Why the messi or r0naldo triangle? Isn't giving a player the award just once or maximum twice en0ugh? There were certainly others who had remarkable seas0ns but cos they aren't marketable or in clubs that are marketable, they w0n't.
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by J2381: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
He has played in 3 different leagues and has won titles in those leagues. Isn't he a great player? grin
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Marvinho: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
Still waiting for that epic dinner oh...somebody should not put "otumopo" in his pocket oh
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Prompto: 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
What as any one in your household achieve to the extent of being recognized as the top 10 in the universe ?

biomustry:
Lionel Messi won 4 consecutive Ballon D’ors, was the First to win 5, now the only player in History to win 6.

All Ronaldo ever did in his career was chase Messi.
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by Josh44s(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
adewest1999:
grin compensatory award.......we dey talk of Balloon D'OR you dey talk of seria A

Hahahahaha A typical Nigerian mentality. Do you know how it feels to be 5 times Best player in the world. To lift the champions league trophy with different club, to win cups and league with 3 different big clubs? To have everything, dope kids, dope girlfriend, dope endorsements, unimaginable fame globally I don’t think so. Shut up kid.

Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by biddostandard: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
monkautos:
Ronaldo is the greatest player ever. Best player in England Best player in Spain Best player in Italy
Tell me who has ever done that..Ronaldo has conquered all Europe...
Greatest ever
we only have 3 countries in europe?dumb penaldo fan
Re: Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season by jeff35(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
adewest1999:

this one has D.S

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Signing Keshi's And Amodu's Condolence Registers / Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi / Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.