Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,115 members, 7,899,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 12:46 AM

Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke (616 Views)

Chukwuebuka Enekwechi's Sister Blasts Nigerian Women / Ronaldo's Sister Posts Photo Of Messi Kneeling At Her Brother's Feet / Katia Aveiro, Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Jibe On CR7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by uzoma213(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
Cristiano Ronaldo's sister Katia Aveiro hit back at Virgil van Dijk on Instagram after the defender joked that the Juventus forward wasn't a "rival" for this year's Ballon d'Or.

Barcelona star Lionel Messi claimed the coveted individual award for a sixth time in Paris on Monday, with Liverpool centre-back Van Dijk finishing second in the final voting.

Five-time winner Ronaldo did not attend the ceremony, instead choosing to make an appearance at the Gran Gala del Calcio in Milan to collect his ‘Best Player in Serie A’ award.

When asked if Ronaldo’s failure to show up meant that he had one less rival to compete with for the accolade, Van Dijk responded: "Was he a rival then?"

Ronaldo's sister Aveiro took to Instagram to vent her fury over Van Dijk's comments, expressing her belief that the Liverpool talisman is not in the same league as her brother.
"Now, dear Virgil, where you are going, Cristiano Ronaldo has gone and has come [back] a thousand times," she began.

"You see, my dear Virgil, that Cristiano Ronaldo was a three-times champion in the country where you have been playing for years and you still haven't got your hands on the trophy.

"Cristiano Ronaldo was even the best player and best scorer in the country where you play Virgil. By the way, he was even younger than you.

"Then, dear Virgil, Cristiano Ronaldo went to other places and became the greatest player in the history of club football.

"Real Madrid, [does that] tell you something, Virgil? Maybe so, because this club, with this Cristiano guy, even beat you in the Champions League final. Of these [Ballons d'Or], Ronaldo already has five, Virgil.

"And that fellow Ronaldo, and team-mates, crushed your 'Oranje' in a final. Was it hard, Virgil? We have pity. And, dear Virgil, in one of the least successful times of his career, Cristiano Ronaldo has won even more titles than you. Awesome, isn't it?

"Now Virgil, [you go and] win titles that really count and then we'll talk. When you have a handful of them, the really important ones, you might be able to sit at the table with Cristiano. Or, as they say in our land, it grows and appears! For me, Cristiano you are and you will always be the best player in the world!!!"

Van Dijk, meanwhile, clarified his remarks after being mentioned by Piers Morgan on Twitter , insisting that he has nothing but respect for Ronaldo and that his "joke" was taken out of context.

Source: https://www.goal.com/en/news/my-dear-virgil-win-titles-then-well-talk-ronaldos-sister/1dr37nlr10fmb11g8iqpfkuq86

Re: Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by Sunnymatey(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Always think before you talk

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
He asked for it, and he was tutored...

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by Aidejay(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2019
This is how to reply a troll or an annoying comment. I hope nigerian celebrities are seeing this and learning
No be Everything be insult or I will beat you up or your fada or your moda or u re poor and blablabla

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by uzoma213(m): 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2019
Sleekfemzy:
He asked for it, and he was tutored...
by a girl grin
Re: Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by vastolord4(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
There is something Ronaldo should understand. No one, I repeat, no one can take what God has buried deep within you. You are a star. No matter how people might rule in favor of your rivals, You are still special in your own way. I love your hard work Christiano Ronaldo. I wish I had friends like you that motivated me as a kid. Your drive to break records amazes me.You keep breaking records every year and also have a kind heart. Only a fool wouldn't recognize your achievements. #greatronaldo

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by dawnomike(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
Aidejay:
This is how to reply a troll or an annoying comment. I hope nigerian celebrities are seeing this and learning
No be Everything be insult or I will beat you up or your fada or your moda or u re poor and blablabla
I like your comment

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Ballon D'or Joke by Smallboy01: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2019
The RONALDO family are a sore loser.

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Rio Ferdinand Reveals Only Striker Better Than Harry Kane In The World / Who Scored The First Goal In World Cup History? / Bet9ja Agent Just Played Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.