Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,687 members, 7,938,087 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Promotes Made In Nigeria, Buys Shoes From A Female Shoemaker - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Promotes Made In Nigeria, Buys Shoes From A Female Shoemaker (814 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Promotes Made In Nigeria, Buys Shoes From A Female Shoemaker by zoba88: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
Popular writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie met with renowned Port Harcourt female shoe maker, Prosper Chidinma Erem who  is also a student of University of Port Harcourt.She patronised and encouraged her.She said....

"I am proud of you and your work.
I need this shoe for female.''

Chidinma is a hard working student.She spends her free time manufacturing shoes with her bare hands.She was also among the shoemakers Abia State government sent to China to learn how to make shoes after she was chosen from among many.

She is from Abia State but lives, studies and makes shoes in Rivers State.She is an industrious young lady every female student in Nigeria should emulate.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/12/popular-writer-chimamanda-adichie.html?m=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Promotes Made In Nigeria, Buys Shoes From A Female Shoemaker by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
I like these shoes a lot but I am afraid she won't be able to compete in the open market unless she can promote a brand and attract posh customers who are willing to pay a comparatively huge price, which includes material + time invested + revenue. Machines can manufacture shoes much faster and since most of the textile industry is in Asia exploiting cheap labor competition is high. It is a tricky undertaking.

(1) (Reply)

PEER PRESSURE (a Hilarious Valentine Story) / Writers Needed / An Aspiring Writer? Join The Campus Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.