Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:26 AM

Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track (37046 Views)

Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / New Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Rail Track Laying Commences (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by jaxxy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

Things were better in the mid 70s but Nigerians were still stealing aluminum bridge rails, overhead cables and traffic light stands. Nigerians are bad through through. Only Sharia government will work.

What kind of sharia government so that half of the citizens will be 1 armed right?

The menace continues because we failed to put in a right system to check it. Every country and community has its perculiar challenges and what they do is study their problems and challenges and proffer adequate solutions which they keep trying and reviewing till they get the desired results. They don’t just look the other way and leave it to stop by itself one day.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Kingspin(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alphafeezay:
First of all, we as a people are very bad and wicked.
Something caused people to be bad.

In Nigerian case, bad leaders pushing everybody into poverty.

I call it adaption to survive in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by frowland(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
lordprogress:

You are ignorant fool here countries like South Korea that have CCTV installed in all the major part of the country are what.
This country is moving so backward because of negative people like you. I just hate this kind of people.

Haha, wise one. So you can install CCTV from Lagos to Kano and watch ALL the railline in the process stopping metal scrappers from picking one or two?? I know who the foolish one is, if so.
You can only mount CCTV on strategic locations where there are human activities or valued materials. You dont mount CCTV to checkmate Bolt and Nuts of railings. That's stupidity!.
Will you also mount along the Bush, do you know how many monitors and human eyes needed in this your gigantic dream? Omo wise, tell us more.
How about your mystery railline having electric current, did you just assume that or what? Haha! What a complete plank!!
You are telling me that plight Japan and Nigeria once in awhile how things work? Haha!!

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by CSTR2: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
ChoCho54:
When he mentioned the farming going on upnorth as part of human capital development, for a moment I reassessed my mission here but decided to continue.
NL is really a dumpsite.
He knows better than that, but political sentiments have damaged his mind.

You can't support buhari without sliding down in the IQ pole and spout nonsense on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by pricklewane: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
If your father go remove bolt na die e de.

jcross19:
this is typical sense of an animal! just because stealing of bots what about those looting the treasuries? this sign of failed system , an increment of poverty rates surely land environmental chaos which lead to anarchy one day. the politicians building chaotic future for their unborn generation in which they will not be able to be spared out of the disaster that's about loom.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by samirus: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
Those who are stealing this clips are insider in the rail company, it can also be traced to the seller, they are just playing games with everything..
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Dickson44: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
Nawa ooo everything is opportunity for us in this country. We really need to watch it!
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by onadana: 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
Hunger and lawlessness at play. Plus if we had a disciplined leadership from 1960 till date, we would have long had sufficient, steady electricity to power our trains and no goat or cow will venture there cos they'd be electrocuted. There'd also be functional CCTVs and honest, loyal, patriotic law enforcement officers that will man those cameras, arrest any would-be thief and have them prosecuted/rehabilitated. In fact with steady power supply and decent infrastructure, no one will be looking for bolts and nuts to scavenge off rail lines. They would be far more productive!

Bottom line: Nigeria has failed and continues to fail her citizens.

I have given up hope for Nigeria in my generation.Hopefully my children's generation they hope for a better Nigeria.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by digitaltrades: 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

Things were better in the mid 70s but Nigerians were still stealing aluminum bridge rails, overhead cables and traffic light stands. Nigerians are bad through through. Only Sharia government will work.

The same way Sharia law stopped zamfara government from being corrupt, right? Stop allowing empty religion to make you blind to reality

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by spiralwedge(m): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
Hunger and lawlessness at play. Plus if we had a disciplined leadership from 1960 till date, we would have long had sufficient, steady electricity to power our trains and no goat or cow will venture there cos they'd be electrocuted. There'd also be functional CCTVs and honest, loyal, patriotic law enforcement officers that will man those cameras, arrest any would-be thief and have them prosecuted/rehabilitated. In fact with steady power supply and decent infrastructure, no one will be looking for bolts and nuts to scavenge off rail lines. They would be far more productive!

Bottom line: Nigeria has failed and continues to fail her citizens.

Please marry me.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by JAYUK(m): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
Even the devil cannot live let alone survive in Nigeria.Nigerians are the Anti Christ
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by rexlims(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
thunder74:
Contractors and the politicians are the ones stealing them to resell to the government.
my thoughts exactly, and don't forget that if d director no shout say it's been stolen, how him go embezzle money

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by AfroKnight: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
For your information, the Nigerian masses have always suffered unjustified and avoidable poverty foisted on them by the ruling class and that is the case till date. Now there is impunity as well as brazen shamelessness but if e stop and think of the root causes, we will not be so quick to blame the victims of wicked leadership.

You are reluctant to blame the thieves. Instead, you are blaming the government.

That is Rubbish.

Why?

Because the leaders we have today were selected from among us. Or were they imported from Cameroon?

There are too many criminals posing as normal people in Nigeria and the sad thing is that they have sympathisers like you to help make a case for them.

Robbers just stabbed a young woman in the neck in Lagos, a couple of days ago. According to your logic, we should blame the leadership for not creating jobs for those murderers.

These railway thieves endangered the lives of passengers by damaging the tracks, but somehow the leadership is to blame.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by obinoral1179(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

Sharia government for the poor alone or you have another Sharia law we don't know?
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Kakamorufu(m): 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2019
These are same people who removes manhole cover

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by bestpunterever: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rasmega:
Lol..like seriously grin
lol
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by digitaltrades: 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
NGpatriot:

We all know the difference between right and wrong, period.

Let us all join hands together to stop evil, unpatriotic, corrupt and deadly acts by the poor, the rich and the privileged instead of making excuses and coming up with counterproductive rationals.

You preach patriotism, whereas you are a champion of unpatriotism.

Every corrupt thing APC does is right in your eyes, yet you are here claiming patriotism. You are not a patriot. You are just a barefaced hypocrite.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Originalsly: 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2019
Hmmm....stuff sold as scrap iron. No point talking about the dangers and discipline and whatever.... whoever is caught with any part part of the system in their possession... in their home or property would be charged for

1. theft of FG property.... 2. vandalism of FG property....3. being in possession of stolen FG property....4. .... endangering the lives of commuters....5. Sabotage..... then tried separately..... fined and sentenced on each... and time for each must be served separately.
All for just one rail clip... when word gets out.... who would want to be seen near railway tracks?
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alphafeezay:
Boss i love this country very much
I don't see myself living outside this country, but current development makes me weak. I feel like giving up

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Laslaslala: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
NGpatriot:

The sad irony, excusing away cruelty, deadly and dangerous sabotage against your own fellow Nigerians with your own brand of alleged injustice against Nigerians.

Where is the sense in endangering the lives of your own people and the general public just because you are poor?

Or killing people will make you rich?

Chill first don't be in a hurry ur emotions are running
You must first understand that humans are lawless by nature
God himself had to give man an assignment of going to ants to learn orderliness
In your government class you must have been taught of the social contract theory whereas humans were in a lawless community until they decided and gave a few persons power to direct and organize their activities and behold the origin of government (governance)
We must put the blame on the head,those in whose hands we entrusted leadership has betrayed and failed us right from the foundation of this country or better still since independence.

Show me climes where things are working I will show you how lucky they have been with the leaders

In the US or all those sanner climes let government remove eye you will see how far you will see how human beings can be disorganized and cruel,you will see people be gunning down their fellow humans in a slightest provocation,you will see legendary
Buglery...etc
there you know institutions are functional you will be caught and prosecuted that is why Illls are in the low.

Here I know the institutions are not working how will I not engage in jungle justice when I know I'm not going to get justice anywhere it goes on and on
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by fredoooooo: 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alphafeezay:

Na Military regime fit our mindsets ..

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by fredoooooo: 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
Okoroawusa:

hahahahaha....na now u know? We are not only bad n wicked, we are unpatriotic, corrupt , tribalistic n selfish..

This is Nigeria!(in Falz's voice)

Na Military regime fit our mindsets

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Ykc2(m): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

but all nothern satess are sharia yet the place is like Afghanistan with their useless sharia ,
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Charly68: 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
We need drones to monitor the rail lines..whoever found doing such must end his life in prison .Men can be so wicked
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by MillerJnr(m): 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
Okoroawusa:

hahahahaha....na now u know? We are not only bad n wicked, we are unpatriotic, corrupt , tribalistic n selfish..

This is Nigeria!(in Falz's voice)

anyone seen there should be shot at site, useless people, na only them dey suffer?
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by MillerJnr(m): 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
princemillla:
There is hunger in the land my brother serious hunger.

stop all these hunger excuses, even in the UK some people are suffering, anyone seen there should be shot at site
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by MillerJnr(m): 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
IgbosAreOsus:
angry angry
PLEASE KILL THEM IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU CATCH THEM

BASTARDS
useless people, they will claim hunger to steal, kill and prostitute, they should be shot at site.

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by dataking: 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
davodyguy:
I said it

All the barriers Gov Ambode built to reduce traffic, so Yellow buses would not be stopping to pick passengers on the road were all made of strong metals, but at midnight, same Lagosians damage them. Go around from Ikorodu Road, to Adekunle, to Maryland, they're all destroyed.

I heard also that the Lagos Badagry Express Way being constructed is regularly being damaged at night by those boys that hawk goods, so there can be traffic congestion, for them to sell stuff to road users.

We are not ready for development in Nigeria.

Take all Nigerians to UK, come back in 6 months time, UK would be as bad as NIGERIA. But bring all British Citizens here and see transformation that would happen in few months.

We need mind revolution, not street revolution

Shut your trap, we know the masters you serve. Ass licker
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by obiem(m): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alphafeezay:

Yet we blame the govt for everything. It's so disheartening that people would do this knowing fully well the implications. The people have failed themselves as much as the govt failed the people.

#Ourproblemishydraheaded

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by nothingzpoil: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
pricklewane:
Anyone caught removing anything close to the track should be shot.

Also, survivors should be shot again until confirmed dead..

Honestly, Nigeria is becoming too defiantly negative for a country.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Turantula(m): 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

Sharia kee u & your terrorist president there
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by dalass(f): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rasmega:

Senseless goat. grin

All he knows is just to hit his empty coconut head 5 times a day on the ground.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District / The Current Status Of Kano 3 In 1 Underpass And Flyover (Pics) / Man Crushed To Death While Attempting To 'Collect' Money From Truck Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.