Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,667 members, 7,908,725 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:09 AM

Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition (410 Views)

NASA Captures Image Of The Sun ‘smiling’ ( Pics) / Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet / Sahara Group Unveils #thegreenestloveofall Instagram Photography Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition by debaj10: 8:06am On Dec 05, 2019

The British Ecological Society has announced the winners of its annual photography competition, with first place going to an image of a Malagasy tree boa.
Winning photographer Roberto Garcia Roa said: "Unfortunately, many areas of Madagascar are suffering huge anthropic pressures, including poaching and fires, and big snakes are becoming increasingly difficult to see.
"During my visit to Madagascar, I had the pleasure of finding this outstanding snake and photographing it.
"To offer a dramatic scenario reflecting the conditions that these snakes are suffering, I used an external red light as a source of light and severe blurring to capture the environment."
The winning images will be exhibited at the society's annual conference , in Belfast, between 10 and 13 December. They will then be displayed at Ulster Museum, from 11 February 2020.

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-50602795

lalasticlala
enjoy wink

Re: Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition by BOSSkesh(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2019
For our big bro lala

(1) (Reply)

Humans Are Space Orcs / Afk Arena Mod Apk For Free / Iphone 8plus 64GB @ N135k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.