Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,729 members, 7,927,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 08:22 AM

I Think It Is High Time Togo & Benin Rep Merge With Naija & Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think It Is High Time Togo & Benin Rep Merge With Naija & Ghana (1214 Views)

Namdi Kanu Ipob To Merge With Uwazurike Of Massob And Asari Faction / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard / Ikeyman Viewin Benin Rep!! yoruba if serious should merge with igbos! its up 2 u (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Think It Is High Time Togo & Benin Rep Merge With Naija & Ghana by KnowAll(m): 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2010
Why can't these two countries sandwiched between Nigeria & Ghana do the Rwanda thing- ditch d french Language & embrace d English language making integration with their bigger neigbours easy.

I am not talking political integration at d moment after all Naija(exuse me madame Dora) is not integrated with Ghana Politically but economically, socially, culturally, there has been a lot of fusion on almost all fronts. I sometimes become alarmed by these infusion to d detriment of some salaint States who only exist on maps.

Today Nigerian & Ghanian actors act together in Nollywood. In fact Ghollywood & Nollywood has without mincing words or anouncing to d whole world being bethrotted in a holy matrimony. It is not unsual to see Ghanian actors acting d role of red cap Igbo chief, I was amazed watching a Nollywood movie recently wen I saw this Ghanian actor acting and even uttering a few words in Igbo, he could easily have pass as a Nigerian.

Our Polticians now hide their stolen wealth in Ghana, Ghana has become d second home of many Nigerians, the other I was shock in London wen a friend of mine in London told me his house in Ghana would soon be complted. I enquirer from him if he had a house in Naija, he said he has land in Abuja, that after he completes his house in Ghana, he would build d one in Naija.

Recently too I notice d Ghanian hip hop stars are now rapping in their local lingo mixed with pidgin another stolen trend or is it fad from big brother Nigeria.

But to my utmost suprise Togo & Republic of Benin seems to be missing out in all these titanic changes in popular culture, they still hold on to dat dieing language d French in Paris hardly speak without some sprinkle of a lot of recently borrowed English words, it is not un-common in today's France to hear expression such Le Holiday, La Honeymoon.

I think it is high time these countries embrace d English language & integrate with their bigger neigbours as part of a new awareness, awakeness, and that much alluded growth after all Republic of Benin rely solely on revenue it gets from allowing cars of any age into it's shores. 3/4 of the cars brought-in this way ends up in Nigeria & the ones brought in through Togo ends up in Ghana. Both Nigeria & Ghana has d 10 year rule placed on all private vechiles.

Togo & Benin need more than d pittance they are getting from import duties, they need more than anything to integrate with their larger neigbours socially, culturally, economically give them dat explosion which has been non existent up to now. They should discard dat colonial relic called French and join d real community of nations, English is d language of d internet, it is d international langugae of Big Business or do these people want me to Le- download (facts & figures) for them, for them to know dat just mere changinging course from French to English opens windows of opportunties.

Or how else can one explain d astronomical income earned by small Gambia from tourism, d income from dat little enclave surrounded by Senegal is 3 times what her big brother earns, did I hear some say it is Le- luck.  undecided
Re: I Think It Is High Time Togo & Benin Rep Merge With Naija & Ghana by Abagworo(m): 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
@knowall.Ademuyiwa is a Beninoise virus trying so hard to infect nairaland with beninmania and mapomania.If you have gotten infected,I have relief for you.

(1) (Reply)

Un-scribe-lauds-election-postponement / I Have Laid Foundation For Industrial Take Off - Ohakim / David-west Cautions Ijaw Over Fuel Subsidy Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.