Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,875 members, 7,889,916 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:40 AM

Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? (5022 Views)

Paul Adefarasin: How I Started My Church, House On The Rock And 'The Experience' / Pastor Paul Adefarasin, His Wife & Children Pictured With NFF President (Photo) / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Paul Adefarasin, I Heard You Used My Name During Sermon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by Iamkayned(m): 5:03am On Dec 06, 2019
For those who are not aware, The Experience convened by Pastor Paul Adefarasin (Lead Pastor, House on The Rock Church) is arguably the largest musical event in Africa and amongst the largest in the world. Narrowing it down to the gospel category, it’s probably the largest Christian musical concert in the world. Guinness World Book of Records might verify the above stated in the nearest future. December 6, 2019 would mark the 14th edition of The Experience and it promises to be exceptionally excellent as all previous editions have been. The excitement in the body of Christ in Nigeria is unrivalled right now as even those who would not be able to be a part of the 1 million-man crowd at Tafewa Balewa Square, Lagos would be able to stream online or watch live on terrestrial television. Over the years the biggest gospel artistes in the world have graced the stage. Think of a name, google search it and you’d see for yourself! As for Nigerian gospel artistes, the concert always catapults them unto the global stage. Some people even say, “you haven’t truly blown as a Nigerian gospel music minister until you have ministered at The Experience”.

Our dearest Grammy award winning ex-stripper cum rapper and social media sensation Cardi B (who benefited from the massive robbery of Nicki Minaj by The Academy) just happens to be in Lagos (for the first time ever) for a show slated on the 7th of December, somewhere on Lagos Island (Lifespot X Festival). We must congratulate the organizers of the Lifespot X Festival for avoiding what would have an untimely death because nobody fixes a show in Lagos on the same night with Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s The Experience. It doesn’t matter the nature of your show, event or concert! Once the date for The Experience is fixed and announced every wise show promoter knows to steer clear for their brand safety and to the glory of God. Perhaps they might be at TBS on Friday night singing praises to God and offering prayers for the success of their show on Saturday.

Some anti-church crusaders would have been triggered already. Well, that’s your cup of tea. Imagine how bad Lagos traffic would be tonight! Taxify (Bolt) and Uber prices would surge, hotels would fully booked, internet services around the Lagos Island metropolis would certainly have issue regardless of your network provider. Security would be beefed up everywhere: The Vice President and his bulletproof Mercedes Benz might just be in town. Top politicians and the real Lagos billionaires and socialites (1% of the 1% of which the Adefarasin family is a part of) would be in attendance. Let’s be honest, The Experience might be a gospel music concert meant to promote Jesus and the church, but it is a socio-economic and cultural event which has in attendance individuals from all strata of society right from the very echelon and zenith to the bedrock and nadir. From a business perspective having two shows on the same night in Lagos would be detrimental to the smaller/newer brand. It would have been a nightmare for Lifespot X Festival to have clashed with The Experience.

Undoubtedly Cardi B is one of the biggest stars in the world and a role model to many young Nigerian Instagram-twerking, Snapchat, InMessage and Tinder females. Her show is most likely to be sold out already because apparently the bad economic policies of the President (Muhammadu Buhari) might affect the Naira but doesn’t affect “clitocurrency” and judging from a video of Pastor Ifeanyi Adefarasin which went viral sometime this year a good percentage of “clitocurrency” trading females on Lagos Island can be found in the bleachers of the Rock Cathedral on a Sunday morning service in their skimpy outfits unable to withstand the cold from the air conditioning systems then struggling with descent and ascent of the imperial staircases while their male customers weigh and evaluate their options.

However, our God is gracious and kind! As some would surely be lifting Holy Hands at TBS on Friday night then proceed to dance half naked and rock while Cardi B performs live on Saturday. He alone can judge, forgive and decide our fate. As for myself, I’d be at home streaming or watching The Experience from the early hours of 7th December waiting for Chioma Jesus to minister. Specifically waiting for the part where she sings “If you say war! Your visa mma mma mma! Amen!” because my 2020 plan is to gather all I can and leave Nigeria for good.

Do enjoy your weekend! Thank you for your time.
Fegor Okonedo
IG and Twitter @fegurgreen

3 Likes

Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by Fadomero(m): 5:30am On Dec 06, 2019
I hope cardi b is not coming to the experience abi she be born again
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by lonelydora: 5:32am On Dec 06, 2019
Well, i'm already at the Dunes of Saudi Arabia waiting for AJ to KO Ruiz cheesy

I will also stream "The Experience" too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by etrange: 5:46am On Dec 06, 2019
Hhmm... I'm speechless
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by sweetonugbu: 6:18am On Dec 06, 2019
All na entertainment

3 Likes

Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:28am On Dec 06, 2019
There is absolutely no need for all this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by ikorodureporta: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2019
what's d basis for yr comparison.
both are morraphuccas!
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by chiommy123(f): 6:52am On Dec 06, 2019
The pastor has his people and cardi b her own people too so no competition at all
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by Aryastarks(f): 8:33am On Dec 06, 2019
ikoroodureporta:
what's d basis for yr comparison.
both are morraphuccas!
Did you mean Morpheus?

1 Like

Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:00am On Dec 06, 2019
I'm sorry to tell you Cardi B is just in the mind of 0.05% of the attendees of Experience! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by Happiestman1: 10:03am On Dec 06, 2019
Watch the full video here of cardi b in nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5gd06I4Mf4
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by Oluwanornor(f): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2019
The Xperience that is for free... Taah, Nigerians go full there as usual... there's no comparing bike.... even SHILOH doesn't reduces the amount of people that attends it
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by doggedfighter(f): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2019
Loaded weekend. No competition though. Wonder where the battle and the lord is coming from.

1 Like

Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by SaintHilary(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
This weekend has a lot to offer

The Experience

ManUtd - Man City

CardiB in Lagos

AJ vs Ruiz

What a time to be alive cool
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by DonXavi(m): 3:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
f
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by ATTemi: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is uncalled for!
Re: Cardi B Versus Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Who Can Battle With The Lord? by jayson87: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
There is no show in AFrica has big as the Experience.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic: Nigerians Blast Calabar Girl For Killing Her Dog To Make Peppersoup / Checkout P-square's Multi Million Naira Gold-embellished Furniture / Strange Fish Kill In Orimedu Community Ibeju, Lekki, Lagos. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.