Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore (640 Views)

Dont Be Afraid Of Violence, Go Out And Vote, Buhari Tells Nigerians / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2019
Embattled activist and presidential candidate of the African Action Congress in the February 2019 general election, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, has said that Nigeria belongs to every Nigerian and that no Nigerian should be afraid in their own country.

Sowore spoke at the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Friday as the operatives of the Department of State Services rearrested him inside the court.

Sowore was released around 7.20pm on Thursday after he had spent 125 days in the DSS detention since his arrest last August when he was accused of planning a forceful takeover of government through nationwide protests tagged #RevolutionNow.

However, on Friday, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court in Abuja abruptly suspended sitting and fled her court as the DSS operatives invaded the courtroom and re-arrested Sowore, less than 24 hours after his release from illegal custody.

Speaking to supporters and family members who witnessed his re-arrest in court premises on Friday, Sowore said,

“Every Nigerian must benefit from a country that’s theirs’.

“They tried to break me in prison. They sent delegations to me, offering all kinds of… and I refused.

“And they promised that I will not walk out of their detention alive. That’s what they came here (in the court) to implement today.

“Nobody in Nigeria should be afraid. It’s our country and some people have to make the sacrifice for this country to be a country of rule, of law…”

https://punchng.com/video-nigeria-is-our-country-no-one-should-be-afraid-sowore/

Lalasticlala Oam4j

Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
Well said Sowore
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by angelEmade: 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
they have made him popular

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by 989900: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
Today is a sad, sad, day. angry cry
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by BankyGee(m): 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2019
Yeah don't be afraid! God dey with us!
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by axeman2(m): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sowore I Am Strongly Behind You Buhari Is A Tyrant

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by Feemmy(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
Since his University days, he no dey fear
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by Paperwhite(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
How a man of Buhari's nature scammed Nigerians esp.cerebral people of Sowore's kind will forever remain an enigma.
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
When Nnamdi KANU called Nigeria an Animal Kingdom people thought he said it to spit on other ethnic race. Today's brouhaha is a confirmation of NK's words.
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by chinwezdasilva: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2019
Everything ends today on social media, everyman to himself
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by Kapilta(m): 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sowore still dey talk grin

only God knows what Buhari will look like now thinking about how ijaws have almost grilled his intenstines. From GEJ to Sowore. grin GEJ even made him cry on public tv in 2011 grin

now Sowore is giving him sleepless night that he don't know if he should release him or continue keeping him grin

laugh wan kill me sha.
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by CSTR2: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sowore has paid his dues.

If he become president tomorrow, he deserves it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by slimfit1(m): 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
Oduduwa is our country let me rephrase that for you.
Re: Nigeria Is Our Country, No One Should Be Afraid - Sowore by pwansunriseteam: 12:18am On Dec 07, 2019
If Nigeria did not break up very soon
Sowore will one day rule the Country
And his reign will bring back total sanity and Institutional reformation to Nigeria. That guy is a fighter, I love his spirit. Like Nnamdi Kanu like Sowore. They fight for the common man. History will be fair on you guys and all the freedom fighters all over the world. As for the tyrant, his last days on Earth will be filled with pains and agony. Mark my words, except there is no God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Dares Trump, Let's Hope He Has Not Taken This Joker Serious / BREAKING: Hope Uzodinma Sacks Okorocha's Elected LGA Chairmen, To Conduct New El / Get Jailed If Any NURTW Tries Rubbish - Gov. Seyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.