Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,709 members, 7,921,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:09 AM

Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore (2300 Views)

DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials / Emir Sanusi's case against Kano Govt, IG of Police, DSS re-opened / CCTV Footage Of Sowore's Arrest By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by leeport: 11:08am On Dec 07, 2019
Osinbajo exonerated from DSS re-arrest of Sowore

In 2017, when Prof Yemi Osinbajo was Acting President, Nigeria witnessed many changes to rule of law and human rights and for the first time since the return to democracy, Nigeria had a man who understood what was happening to the masses and a man who took quick actions.
This achievements exonerates him in this Omoyele Sowore’s case. See below:

As Acting President, Prof. Osinbajo on 7 August 2018, Osinbajo fired the State Security Service boss, Lawal Daura for illegal invasion of National Assembly by armed and masked operatives of the department. Daura was replaced with Matthew Seiyefa.

As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo directed the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to immediately begin the overhaul of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad. He has also directed the National Human Rights Commission to set up a panel to probe allegations of rights abuses in Nigeria.

As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo transmitted a letter seeking the confirmation of then acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Samuel Onnoghen as substantive CJN.As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, set up a seven-man judicial commission to investigate the allegations of human rights violations in the military. The commission was headed by Biobele Georgewill, a justice of the Court of Appeal.

As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo directed service chiefs to relocate to Maiduguri, Borno state. The following day Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai and Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar relocated to Borno to restore normalcy to the area.

As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, charged policemen to do everything humanly possible to respect citizens right and stop extrajudicial killings.

As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, summoned Inspector-General of Police Idris Ibrahim over the kidnap of two German archaeologists, Prof. Peter Breunig, Mr. Johannes Behringer and others in Kagarko Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, charged policemen to do everything humanly possible to respect citizens right and stop extrajudicial killings.

As Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, summoned Inspector-General of Police Idris Ibrahim over the kidnap of two German archaeologists, Prof. Peter Breunig, Mr. Johannes Behringer and others in Kagarko Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by okefrancis: 11:13am On Dec 07, 2019
All what VP Osinbajo performed while in acting president in 2017 make citizens to have faith in him that he always making sure of real judicial

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Oladelesp: 11:14am On Dec 07, 2019
In as much as am against DSS arresting Sowore, I'm disappointed in Femi Falana for trying to drag Osinbajo, Keyamo, Fashola into this, When he understand the separation of power.

Let me remind you that As acting President, Prof. Osinbajo on 7 August 2018, Osinbajo fired the State Security Service boss, Lawal Daura for illegal invasion of National Assembly by armed and masked operatives of the department.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Dobb: 11:17am On Dec 07, 2019
Osinbajo has always said that he stands for democracy and the rule of law. Looking at his antecedence especially when he was the acting president, you will know that he does not stand or tolerate disobedience to the judicial system. Unfortunately, constitutionally he is limited in powers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Omotolatolulope(f): 11:17am On Dec 07, 2019
Nigerians do not even understand the law themselves, most of us just join the bandwagon on social media to criticize the VP

When the VP was acting president, he left no stone unturned concerning issues like this, even falana knows this!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by mrvitalis(m): 11:17am On Dec 07, 2019
Oladelesp:
In as much as am against DSS arresting Sowore, I'm disappointed in Femi Falana for trying to drag Osinbajo, Keyamo, Fashola into this, When he understand the separation of power.

Let me remind you that As acting President, Prof. Osinbajo on 7 August 2018, Osinbajo fired the State Security Service boss, Lawal Daura for illegal invasion of National Assembly by armed and masked operatives of the department.
So he can't speak up when his boss dose wrong ? ...NP body is asking him to act but just speak

Una done enter over drive trying to save his imagine ....no body out side south west takes him serious

If u don't support something condemn it

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Joylove2324(f): 11:20am On Dec 07, 2019
I wonder how some hypocrites forget all these so soon, Osinbajo has perform so well and he doesn't deserve all this name calling everytime. I wish him all the best.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Arubajagz: 11:20am On Dec 07, 2019
The position of the VP was clearly seen during his time as Acting President. Only someone who is being clever by half would still be asking VP to go and free Sowore, when he is not the DG of DSS.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by DonJayrome(m): 11:21am On Dec 07, 2019
It is obvious the DSS is still somehow under the leadership of Daura and these recent actions shows much signs of revenge against Osinbajo and the Yoruba people because of his action by sacking duara

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Arubajagz: 11:21am On Dec 07, 2019
mrvitalis:

So he can't speak up when his boss dose wrong ? ...NP body is asking him to act but just speak

Una done enter over drive trying to save his imagine ....no body out side south west takes him serious

If u don't support something condemn it

You people are now asking him to speak, I thought Abba Kyari was your de facto President?���

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by mrvitalis(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2019
Arubajagz:

You people are now asking him to speak, I thought Abba Kyari was your de facto President?���
So u accept he is a weakling ?
So he has lost even his own voice
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by TheRareGem1(f): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2019
Have people forgot Abba Kyari is also a lawyer; plus the VP calling in this case is a slap to the office of the VP. The man knows nothing about this.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Recruitmentedu: 11:24am On Dec 07, 2019
Also remember it was during acting president that kanu was free and was even holding rally without any disturbance until he came back..remember aisha said nnamdi is running riot because myhusband is not around..
Peoplelet see beyond ethnicity. osibanjo is way higher in reasoning and intellect .

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Shooyie: 11:27am On Dec 07, 2019
To be sincere, we should appreciate the VP because there nothing he can do about this situation. We saw what he did when he was an Acting President.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Softesst: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2019
Now i see my so much is expected of him, his super capable and nigerians know this!
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Arubajagz: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2019
� Eye witness accounts of what actually happened...

"Okay, so I was in court today and here is what happened: The court had adjourned his matter till 11th Feb next year. The court called the next matter and proceeding had commenced in respect of the next matter.

Sowore stepped out of the court room and suddenly we heard noises coming from the corridor "leave me alone" "they want to kill me" "they want to kill Sowore" and all that.

Suddenly Sowore's people started dragging him with the DSS and they dragged him into the court room. The judge seeing this, rose and went to her chambers. The DSS didn't enter the court room to arrest him rather his supporters dragged him in with the DSS official.

Nobody chased the judge out, she rose and went to her chambers on seeing squabbles. Later on, the DSS official left the court room and waited for him outside the court. Thank you all. Behold my eye witness account".

~ Wale Fapohunda

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by TeeMoney99: 11:31am On Dec 07, 2019
Whoever says trash about Osinbajo concerning this DSS matter is clearly unwise. Daura was sacked by Osinbajo when his boys misbehaved when the VP waa Acting President. This clearly shows his stand on matters like this.
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Lydia696: 11:31am On Dec 07, 2019
I wonder how some people forget all these so soon, Osinbajo has done so well to this country for that he doesn't deserve all this name calling all the time. But you people remember that he's just VP not a president, he just take some actions without he's boss Buhari
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Oladelesp: 11:32am On Dec 07, 2019
#FreeSoworeAlready

Femi Falani and co have all held one administrative or political position and understand separation of power.

DSS doen't answer to Osinbajo, Keyamo, Fashola and co. DSS' DG should be who we channel energy on not those people in different positions
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by conductor250: 11:34am On Dec 07, 2019
BMC zombies VP Osunbande Branch created this topic and are requoting themselves to make it longer. Everybody keep off.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Kapilta(m): 11:35am On Dec 07, 2019
All those that say/write rubbish about our one and only omoluabi starboy are those that when they look at him, they see Pa Awolowo, go to twitter and see for yourself, they are all from the other side of the river where wailing is their daily job and frustration is their known trademark.

They claim woke but i've never seen them blame Pence of America for Trumps words or ideas but Osinbajo is to be blame for whatever Buhari does because Nigeria constitustion now allow a V.P to be greater than his principal, this very same useless born wailers turned Atiku to a demi-god and were licking his balls that even many of them still give him bj everyday hoping he will cum soon despite the fact that same Atiku was VP when Obasanjo wiped out Udi.

Anyway it's already late for them, neither can they stop Pa Awo from being our hero nor stop Starboy from being the VP.

Let them wail, it's not as if anything can make them stop, they inherited it with frustration and they'd have to give account of it at the end in afterlife so let them do their assignment diligently.
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by OC831: 11:35am On Dec 07, 2019
And I’m seeing people talking trash about the man? I’m sure if he was president or still acting, that nonsense that happened yesterday wouldn’t have happened

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Peappy49(f): 11:37am On Dec 07, 2019
Most Nigerians are hypocrites. Now Osinbajo is the Vp not acting President or President, so they should leave him alone

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by ivandragon: 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
Lol.

Isn't it the same supporters that said the P & VP are one?

Lol.
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Gbemilekeolani: 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
Osinbajo is not the C in C,so I don't know why the brouhaha about this DSS .
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by ojokolax: 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
This is a clear indication that many of the people only over expect the VP to act due to the grand steps he took while he was in The Acting President capacity. We need to know that presently he's no longer in that capacity and simply put he just can't act because he's a Lawyer, what if he was a Doctor, would he be made to act on all cases of mishaps in the ER?
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by helinues: 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
Abeg leave story jor..

So he can't advise Buhari to obey court others? Senior Advocate for that matter.

Shame on them
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Laghondi2008: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
Government knows the best because the have information we do not have. Don't jump into conclusion insulting and condeming people allow them to do their job.
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by maybanks: 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
It seems The Nigerian citizenry has what I will call a collective amnesia. We were all in thpeople untry when Osinbajo sacked the then DG of DSS Lawal Daura (who happens to he a cousin of the President). Its so saddening that the same set of people are blaming Osinbajo for the rearrest of Sowore by the DSS
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
What is he saying
Re: Osinbajo Exonerated From DSS Re-arrest Of Sowore by inioluwa03: 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
I don't know why people are not being sincere or they just feel like attacking the Voce President.

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 Reasons Why Emeka Ihedioha Should Be Returned As Imo Governor By Supreme Cour / NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE / Jungle justice on an Igbo boy for taking hard drugs - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.