Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner (23575 Views)

Yusuf Fatai 'Oko Oloyun' Buried In His Hometown (Photos) / Nigeria: Has The New Lease Rule Come To Change The Tax Space? / Top Five Banks Account For 47% Of Industry’s Impaired Credits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by mechanics(m): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
Wow, God blesses people in mysterious ways, congrats to him.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by samteebiz3: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
But if it were some shake ass fiesta Glo will ceremoniously dole out millions of naira as compensatory gift to the best ass shaker.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by zoezoelogistics(m): 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2019
soberdrunk:
"Glo recharge and win big" AKA "My own don beta" and they give a blind man grinding machine? angry

Did they know he was blind before giving him?

This is just a pure coincidence.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by Magicdon(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=shakur4luv post=84706903]Have been buying 200naira recharge card since where is my own tricycle glo? angry[/quote

Na scam oo, even me, I have been recharging 200naira. Never won anything
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by lawrenzooo: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
soberdrunk:
"Glo recharge and win big" AKA "My own don beta" and they give a blind man grinding machine? angry
No!! Rather a blind man won a grinding machine.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
Congrats to him.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by adeoba2008(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=cRobo post=84706743]Congratulations

But can he substitute it for cash?[/quote
See your thinking. How much do you think will be enough for him?
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by Owutuotuo(m): 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
semyman:
Wailers show me Jubril here

Are you just daft or you’re naturally daft? Which one?
Selling stupidity on a different conversation. You’re just one of the crop that should have been aborted preterm.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by edoairways: 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
light099:
Glo should have been the best and most used service provider in Nigeria but it just relegated itself by it's carefreeness, liberality in penny and stinginess in pound.

Mtn is not in any competition with anyone because glo is not even a rival. As much as we dislike Mtn, other service providers have left us no other option than to like Mtn.
Your assertion is not totally correct. Are you aware that MTN lost over 2million subscribers this year?. If other service providers weren't doing well as implied, mtn wouldn't be copying all their strategies to remain relevant in the market.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
edoairways:

Your assertion is not totally correct. Are you aware that MTN lost over 2million subscribers this year?. If other service providers weren't doing well as implied, mtn wouldn't be copying all their strategies to remain relevant in the market.

Really? Check all the contacts on your phone this evening and know how many are mtn, glo, airtel and 9mobile. Give me feedback.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by dafeoroyo: 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
Glo, u give me ero ata, owo repete, my own don better o, ise repete
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by DarkJeddi(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
soberdrunk:
That is what he won,what do you want them to give him?
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by MrMcJay(m): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
light099:
Really? Check all the contacts on your phone this evening and know how many are mtn, glo, airtel and 9mobile. Give me feedback.

Edoairways is correct, let me use myself as an example.

I got my first sim in 2003, that was 16 years ago. I've been using Mtn since that time as my major line with another Zain line (now Airtel) line as backup. Cos of my work, I'm always online. I buy airtime of 4k per month, I then buy Mtn data of 500 Naira per day, every damn day, 1k on weekends. Calculate that in a Month and then a year. I spend quarter of a Million Naira on a single MTN line in year.

In October, I got a glo line for something else. I always heard Glo network was terrible, so I didn't buy it for data. Upon activation, I loaded 1k airtime and was given tons of bonuses. I tried browsing with it and it was surprisingly fast. I thought it was a fluke and loaded 1k for browsing, I got 1.8G data and 2G bonus, making 3.8G for 1k. That was the last time I spent a kobo on data on my Mtn line.

MTN lost the 20k I pay monthly for data and very soon, I'll only be using them for receiving calls.

The fact that you see many MTN users doesn't mean jack. Those who spend much don't need adverts and promo, they need value. Telcos make more money on data than voice calls.

1 Like

Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by majamajic(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
soberdrunk:

they Didn't give him

he was a lucky winner
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Can I hear his fuji song for glo?
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
MrMcJay:

Edoairways is correct, let me use myself as an example.

I got my first sim in 2003, that was 16 years ago. I've been using Mtn since that time as my major line with another Zain line (now Airtel) line as backup. Cos of my work, I'm always online. I buy airtime of 4k per month, I then buy Mtn data of 500 Naira per day, every damn day, 1k on weekends. Calculate that in a Month and then a year. I spend quarter of a Million Naira on a single MTN line in year.

In October, I got a glo line for something else. I always heard Glo network was terrible, so I didn't buy it for data. Upon activation, I loaded 1k airtime and was given tons of bonuses. I tried browsing with it and it was surprisingly fast. I thought it was a fluke and loaded 1k for browsing, I got 1.8G data and 2G bonus, making 3.8G for 1k. That was the last time I spent a kobo on data on my Mtn line.

MTN lost the 20k I pay monthly for data and very soon, I'll only be using them for receiving calls.

The fact that you see many MTN users doesn't mean jack. Those who spend much don't need adverts and promo, they need value. Telcos make more money on data than voice calls.

Good explanation but your case is personal, may not apply to everyone. One of Glo's achilles heel is network.
Just like you said, I aslo agree, Glo data is always the best and even last longer because 1mb from Glo will last longer than 1mb from any other but the question is apart from certain places where Glo or 9mobile are bleeping fast, which other network covers everywhere you go like MTN?
MTN invested a lot in spreading network all about, that is one strength they have.
Then MTN customer care are more humble and responsive, Glo is just up there, best thing is not to have issues with Glo.
Then MTN SIM card last longer, leave it for months and reinsert and reuse, very cheap and common.
Then MTN's services are easy, plenty and not complicated.
E.g mtn welcome back is something you can do at a go, while other networks may involve long process or sim selection.

No matter how mtn loses customers, they will still dominate the market and gain customers back.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by VanSARS: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
toyosilawal12:

Fatai Ganiyu Abass was more than self-sufficient, practising as an auto-electrician and moonlighting as a Fuji musician. The future looked rosy for him until tragedy struck a couple of years back.

He developed problems with his eyes and eventually lost sight in both eyes. His world seemed to fall apart. Without his eyes, his means of livelihood literally dissolved like ice cubes in the sun. He could only move around with the assistance of his 10-year old son, Abdulateef. The job of fending for the family fell on the laps of his wife, a petty trader.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

According to Abass, depression was setting in, but he kept consoling himself that things would take another turn for the better for him.

Sure enough, one day, he was sitting in his house when he received a call from Globacom customer care representatives informing him that he had won a grinding mill in the ongoing Glo Recharge and Win Big Promo also called My Own Don Beta.

He initially thought it was a prank or a case of wrong number. But when he showed up at Glo Office in Jos and the news was confirmed to him, he regained his old effervescent self.

“I have got a new lease of life. With this grinding mill that Globacom has given me, my family has a new stream of income. My wife will add it to her petty trading. At the very least the cost of buying drugs for my eye condition will be taken care of,” he said.

At the prize handover ceremony to prize winners in Toro community, Bauchi State on Friday, a grateful Abass rendered a Fuji song he composed to show gratitude to Globacom for a gift that he said would transform his family.

At the ceremony, graced by the traditional chief of the region, Hardon Toro, Alhaji Mohammed Inuwa, Nollywood comic, Saeed Mohammed and other dignitaries, five other winners were given their prizes.

Thairu Abubakar, a business man and Onyekwelu Chinenye Doris, a UNN Accountancy graduate received a tricycle each. Fatima Kabir a Youth Corper and her husband, Murtala Kabir, showed up to collect an industrial sewing machine, which the wife said she would use to further her ambition to sow wedding gowns.

Abdusalam Musa Mamman also collected a grinding mill, while Abdulfatai Shittu, collected an electricity generator at the community presentation at Toro, Bauchi State on Friday.

Some 50 winners had been presented their prizes at the Jos Terminus Market the previous Monday. In all, over 700 winners had won tricycles, industrial sewing machines, grinding mills and generators. Globacom subscribers need to recharge their lines with a minimum of N200 to stand a chance of winning a prize in the promo.
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by edoairways: 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
light099:

Good explanation but your case is personal, may not apply to everyone. One of Glo's achilles heel is network.
Just like you said, I aslo agree, Glo data is always the best and even last longer because 1mb from Glo will last longer than 1mb from any other but the question is apart from certain places where Glo or 9mobile are bleeping fast, which other network covers everywhere you go like MTN?
MTN invested a lot in spreading network all about, that is one strength they have.
Then MTN customer care are more humble and responsive, Glo is just up there, best thing is not to have issues with Glo.
Then MTN SIM card last longer, leave it for months and reinsert and reuse, very cheap and common.
Then MTN's services are easy, plenty and not complicated.
E.g mtn welcome back is something you can do at a go, while other networks may involve long process or sim selection.

No matter how mtn loses customers, they will still dominate the market and gain customers back.
They may dominate the market no doubt about that but their revenue will keep on reducing if they aren't sensitive to customer's need. You said their customer care representative are humble now but were they like this before? Do you know how many times 180 had called me this few weeks? You also said that they rarely block inactive lines, why should they when a lost of one customer is a gain to their competitors. Lastly mtn is now network issues in many locations as I post this
Re: Fatai Ganiyu Abass: I Have New Lease Of Life- Visually-Impaired Glo Promo Winner by Jilo83(m): 3:58am On Dec 08, 2019
glo network is bad since last month. Something must be done to it because it is my hotline.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transportation Business In Nigeria / A Biz I Can Start With 100,000k / BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.