Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,087 members, 7,890,598 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:40 PM

Brave Mother, 19, Who Lost Her Newborn Son While Battling Cancer Tragically Dies - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Brave Mother, 19, Who Lost Her Newborn Son While Battling Cancer Tragically Dies (598 Views)

Africa's Most Populous City Is Battling Floods And Rising Seas. / Does Albestos Ceiling Cause Cancer? / This Woman Lost Her Home And 2 Warehouses In Onitsha Fire Accident(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brave Mother, 19, Who Lost Her Newborn Son While Battling Cancer Tragically Dies by stellapatu: 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
A young woman who chose to postpone cancer treatment to give her unborn son a fighting chance has died.

Brianna Rawlings died on December 29 last year after losing her battle with NK cell leukaemia – a rare and aggressive form of blood disease.

The teenager, from Colyton in western Sydney, died just days after her 19th birthday.

The young woman was just 17 weeks pregnant when she was diagnosed with the disease.She was faced with the decision to either terminate the pregnancy, which would increase her own chances of survival, or carry the baby to term.

The brave young woman made the selfless choice to put her baby's life ahead of her own by delaying treatment – effectively halving her own chances of survival.

She suffered through excruciating body aches and fevers to hold her baby in her arms.

Sadly, Ms Rawlings contracted an infection that had the potential to be passed on to the baby, forcing an emergency caesarean three months early.

Baby Kayden managed to cling to life for 12 days before he died.

The young mother was devastated but kept fighting.

'It's been very hard, long, exhausting and painful. Even though Kyden is no longer with us he gave me the strength to go on and beat this,' she previously told FEMAIL.

'I was very happy and excited to be a mother - all I've ever wanted to have is a family. I was also scared of what the world had in stall for me.'

Despite the emergency caesarean due to a blood infection, Ms Rawlings said her son came out breathing on his own and was even crying.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/brave-mother-19-who-lost-her-newborn-son-while-battling-cancer-tragically-dies-months-later

(1) (Reply)

Get A Buyer For These Properties And Earn 5% Of The Total Selling Price / 6061 Aluminum Plate Application / Carcass Bungalow For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.