Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God (1642 Views)

Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones / The Curse In Sleeping With A Married Woman / Tithe Controversy: Not Tithing Does Not Attract Any Curse From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by alBHAGDADI: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
Daejoyoung:

The bible also says submit to one another, so submit here may not hold the special meaning you think it holds. Humility is required of everyone, but then you must learn to read the bible properly.

Wives submit to your husband is a teaching, and it comes from that time and day, marriage today is not what it used to be then, because then women were of a lower class.

The guys who wrote the bible, though inspired, also revealed their humanity in these books, and Holyspirit allowed it, probably because he doesn't want us to worship these books.

The submit to one another which the Bible spoke of is about Christians in the church. It is not about married couples. The command the Bible gives on regard married couples is that the wife should submit to her husband, not the husband submitting to the wife.

Ephesians 5:21-25 King James Version (KJV)
21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

If you say verse 21 is a command for husbands to also submit to their wife, then it would mean that the Jesus Christ should also submit to whatever the church wants which is contrary to verse 23.

The people who wrote the Bible never inputted their humanity into it. The Bible is solely the inspired word of God. The Holy Spirit never allowed anything as claimed by you, and also he wants us to worship the word of God in the Bible.

Mind you, women of those days were not of lower class. Stop saying junk and sounding authoritative at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by alBHAGDADI: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
Genesis 3:16 (KJV)

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

The curse of sin has been broken by Jesus. So any man who after knowing this, yet tries to subject the woman to the bondage and curse of sin that Jesus already delivered her from would reap what he sows.

God bless.

Mr heretic, go and ask your mother if she didn't feel birth pains when she had you.

1 Like

Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by alBHAGDADI: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
This is a great input. Submission is good, but when this people keep sounding like a woman should be turned into a slave without a say, it sounds awful, the description is pure slavery.

Where in the entire OP is it stated that women should be turned into slaves? Your disobedience to the word of God is making you see things wrongly. That's why you think submit means slavery. This is caused by the fact that you don't want to obey God's command for the woman to submit to her husband in the union of marriage which he first instituted.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Eviana(f): 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nowhere in the OP did I say "by NOT calling their husbands "lord" , they are basically placing a curse on themselves".

That is your own injection.

You implied it sir.

You know what you are doing with this thread.
Your whole message basically is telling women that they are "cursed" for not submitting to their husbands.
Then you put the "lord" scripture last...
You are quite intelligent.
You didn't properly give the entire submission/respect/obedience relationship between husband and wife.
You also used "feminism" in a twisted sort of way.
It's okay though.
You have a right to your "own" perspective wink

3 Likes

Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by alBHAGDADI: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

You haven't read your bible and it's very clear.

it also says :
We should throw babies at rocks for the blessing of God.
We shouldn't wear two fabrics.
Stone girls if you find out they're not virgins.
Not to eat pork or shellfish.
If someone rapes your daughter, they should pay you some money to marry her.
cutting the hair on the side of your head.
Manufacturing anointing oil.
Working on the sabbath.
Being in a town that believes in another God is forbidden.
Your parents can kill you if you're disobedient.

ARE YOU ALSO WILLING TO ACCEPT THESE AS ADVICE? OR ARE YOU READY TO BE A HYPOCRITE BY PICKING AND CHOOSING?

You have foolishly concentrated on the twisted Bible verses which you have been deceived with, instead of begging for knowledge to understand them. You sound like someone who digs his nose into the Bible looking for reasons not to believe in it. Guess what? You will find because you have worn googles to help you see wrongly.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by alBHAGDADI: 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2019
Eviana:

You implied it sir.

You know what you are doing with this thread.
Your whole message basically is telling women that they are "cursed" for not submitting to their husbands.
Then you put the "lord" scripture last...
You are quite intelligent.
You didn't properly give the entire submission/respect/obedience relationship between husband and wife.
You also used "feminism" in a twisted sort of way.
It's okay though.
You have a right to your "own" perspective wink

Nowhere did I nor the verse I quoted state that wives must call their husband Lord. The verse is simply admonishing wives to treat their husband as Lord. That is required of them if they are to be called daughters of Sarah.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by doitforyou(f): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
OP, this is a waste of your resources. Most Nigerian women even Nigerian feminists believe wives should be submissive to their husbands. Most of my feminist friends will tell me, there is no feminism in marriage.

You know what the No.1 issue in Nigerian marriages is? It’s the none adherence to the 7th commandment, Adultery. It’s easy to preach that, no ambiguity and it’s actually a commandment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by GoodBadandUgly(m): 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You have foolishly concentrated on the twisted Bible verses which you have been deceived with, instead of begging for knowledge to understand them. You sound like someone who digs his nose into the Bible looking for reasons not to believe in it. Guess what? You will find because you have worn googles to help you see wrongly.

LMAO twisting the bible? you can go and read it yourself ogbeni, those are directly from the bible.
You can say whatever to try and dismiss it but at the end of the day, those are the very laws are in the bible. you sound like one of the brainless idiots that haven't even read their divine book from cover to cover. You'll claim its God's word but hypocritically I'm sure you have never read the whole thing.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 11, 2019
There is nothing wrong if the woman demands equal respect from her spouse.

Sarah called Abraham "Lord" but Abraham equally respected this virtuous woman as well!

Most men of nowadays can't endure what was recorded in that story. Abraham was growing old WITHOUT A CHILD with this woman.

Why didn't he (Abraham) thought of a second woman? Of course because he had deep RESPECT for his wife! 1Peter 3:7

Even after Sarah had implored Abraham to sleep with her own maid servant and the girl got pregnant, Abraham kept his promise to the wife of his youth {Proverbs 5:18} by allowing Sarah to maltreat the rebellious slave girl! Genesis 16:4-6

Well there was NO law that time that's binding Abraham to this barren woman throughout his life, some men have been having more than one woman before Abraham { Genesis 4:19} so before Sarah could address Abraham as "Lord" it wasn't for his
Wealth
Status
Influence or
Sarah addressed her man as "Lord" because of Abraham's virtuous repute!

Surely if a Christian marries a fellow Believers who is fully competent and completely equipped for fine works {2Timothy 3:16-16} both of them will live happily as long as they're together!

Jesus said BY THEIR FRUIT you will know my followers, men don't gather grapes from thorns nor figs from thistles, every good tree produces fine fruit and every bad tree produces rotten fruits" Matthew 7:15-17

Thank God! Everyone can SEE {Matthew 5:14-16} the one and only religious group claiming Christians whose marriages do last for a lifetime today. The men remains the head of their family and the women loving subjects themselves to their husbands having deep respect. During worship the women remains silent before the qualified men {1Timothy 2:12}. The women submitted themselves to this order because an Apostle of Christ laid down the precedence! 1Corinthians 11:3

So amongst TRUE Christians, this is no case at all because God's holy spirit is working and it's fruitage is evident!
Love, Joy, PEACE, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, Faith, mildness and Self Control! Galatians 5:22-23

If Jesus (the Prince of PEACE) is truly in the midst of any religious group, PEACE will reign amongst them and most especially in their marriage setting! Isaiah 9:6

God bless you! smiley
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
solite3:
what are you saying? Paul spoke the things which Jesus revealed to him and all the apostles agree with him. Jesus said in the mouth of two or three witnesses a matter shall be established.
If you knew Jesus then you wouldn't be vomiting these rubbish out.

you that is inside poo mixed with pride.

Proverbs 26:12
Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

When you know think you are wise but knows nothing then a fool has more hope than you.

Paul teaching that came from The holy Spirit himself.
You know that the Sin against the holy Spirit has no forgiveness right? Continue in your way of perdition.

So all the Apostles agreed that Paul was now their Lord and Savior and their Holy Spirit as you do.

Does that include Peter and Barnabas that Paul was busy contending with, instead of learning from them what Jesus had taught while He was here?

You're really a true son of your father the devil, who is not just a liar but the father of lies. So keep making your father proud by using lies to justify your iniquity.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Mr heretic, go and ask your mother if she didn't feel birth pains when she had you.

Oh! So because women as your own mum, sister, wife*, daughter*, feel birth pains, that's not enough for you that you want to add to their pain and suffering?

You're a very wicked and heartless soul Albhagdadi.

No wonder you are desperately trying to use grace to hide your iniquities. So sorry for you.

Jesus said:

John 8:36 (KJV)

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Jesus has set the woman free from the curse of sin, so she is free indeed.

1 Like

Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2019
What baffles me is how you guys will meet in a bus station or inside a moving public bus and start this you interfaith worship. And by the end of the day, you'll cunningly smile at each other saying "Jesus is Lord"

Even when you're all advocates of nondenominational faceless Church on social media, yet the spirit still disagree, see insults, abuses and curses all in the name of the same Jesus! embarassed

But if Jehovah's Witnesses should try to help you now by telling you guys that it's necessary to have one line of thought under one umbrella, all of you will form hypocritical alliance just to argue on baseless points!

Please to which Jesus do each one of you belong now? undecided

Where can an interested person go to get the accurate knowledge of God?

Are you guys still of the opinion that Christ's followers can worship with any group claiming Christians?

Well i just want you all to know that God's holy spirit can't be responsible for such malicious hatred amongst worshipers!
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
jesusjnr:

So all the Apostles agreed that Paul was now their Lord and Savior and their Holy Spirit as you do.
since allah is your god well I m not surprised by words, I m not surprised at your attack against paul's teaching. The same demon that appeared to and possessed false prophet mohamed is in you. No wonder you declared allah as god and latter claim it was a mistake, I knew the demon was testing microphone in your head.

Does that include Peter and Barnabas that Paul was busy contending with, instead of learning from them what Jesus had taught while He was here?
lol did they complain to you?
See that James, Cephas and John saw the grace of God on paul and gave him the go ahead.
Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

See what peter personally say about paul!

2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter personally endorsed paul's teachings.
It is people like you unstable souls that disagrees with it to your damnation.

You're really a true son of your father the devil, who is not just a liar but the father of lies. So keep making your father proud by using lies to justify your iniquity.
I just pity you! You are lost
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2019
solite3:
since allah is your god well I m not surprised by words, I m not surprised at your attack against paul's teaching. The same demon that appeared to and possessed false prophet mohamed is in you. No wonder you declared allah as god and latter claim it was a mistake, I knew the demon was testing microphone in your head.

lol did they complain to you?
See that James, Cephas and John saw the grace of God on paul and gave him the go ahead.
Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

See what peter personally say about paul!

2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter personally endorsed paul's teachings.
It is people like you unstable souls that disagrees with it to your damnation.

I just pity you! You are lost
You that worships a human being called Paul and places his teaching above that of Jesus the Master is no better than all those who worship Allah, because if they are going to hell, they are only going to be your roommates there because you already have a room allocated to you there unless you repent from your iniquity. So no difference.

Theirs would even be more bearable because they didn't know the Truth but you did, but you rejected the Truth and chose lies, because they allowed you to continue in your inquity, so your own torment is going to be worse than theirs.

And that the three of them gave Paul right hands of fellowship as their fellow brother means that they were now bowing down in worship to him as their lord and savior and Holy Spirit as you're doing, and placed his words above that of Jesus that whosoever believes in it shall never perish but have eternal life? And that whosoever doesn't believe in it shall be condemned?

You're really deluded to make all that of just the right hands of fellowship that they gave to Paul, and to think that meant all the Apostles never disagreed with him or any of his teachings.

This is Paul and Barnabas who personally took him to meet the apostles when they were yet afraid of him being someone who persecuted the church, before they gave them their right hands of fellowship:

Acts 15:39-40 (KJV)

39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

So clearly Apostle Barnabas had a strong disagreement with Paul on that occasion.

It's also good that you quoted Peter's saying so that I would show you that Peter himself who said that also disagreed with Paul and some of his teachings:

Galatians 2:11-14 (KJV)

11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Can you see for yourself that Peter himself didn't agree with everything Paul did and said?

And Barnabas also was with Peter, these are people that Paul should have listened to, and learnt from what Jesus taught, but there he was trying to teach them the error that have encouraged people like you to continue in your iniquity which has led many to hell.

At least you can see what right hand of fellowship means, not bowing down in worship to Paul and placing his words above that of Jesus as you do.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by PervertProphet: 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
jesusjnr:
You that worships a human being called Paul and places his teaching above that of Jesus the Master is no better than all those who worship Allah, because if they are going to hell, they are only going to be your roommates there because you already have a room allocated to you there unless you repent from your iniquity. So no difference.

Theirs would even be more bearable because they didn't know the Truth but you did, but you rejected the Truth and chose lies, because they allowed you to continue in your inquity, so your own torment is going to be worse than theirs.

And that the three of them gave Paul right hands of fellowship as their fellow brother means that they were now bowing down in worship to him as their lord and savior and Holy Spirit as you're doing, and placed his words above that of Jesus that whosoever believes in it shall never perish but have eternal life? And that whosoever doesn't believe in it shall be condemned?

You're really deluded to make all that of just the right hands of fellowship that they gave to Paul, and to think that meant all the Apostles never disagreed with him or any of his teachings.

This is Paul and Barnabas who personally took him to meet the apostles when they were yet afraid of him being someone who persecuted the church, before they gave them their right hands of fellowship:

Acts 15:39-40 (KJV)

39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

So clearly Apostle Barnabas had a strong disagreement with Paul on that occasion.

It's also good that you quoted Peter's saying so that I would show you that Peter himself who said that also disagreed with Paul and some of his teachings:

Galatians 2:11-14 (KJV)

11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Can you see for yourself that Peter himself didn't agree with everything Paul did and said?

And Barnabas also was with Peter, these are people that Paul should have listened to, and learnt from what Jesus taught, but there he was trying to teach them the error that have encouraged people like you to continue in your iniquity which has led many to hell.

At least you can see what right hand of fellowship means, not bowing down in worship to Paul and placing his words above that of Jesus as you do.

I am just reading up on this post.

I don't get Jesusjnr. What's the dispute between Jesus and Apostle Paul?

Please explain to me because I am lost as to where exactly you are headed with "you are following Apostle Paul and not Jesus"

Are you a Muslim?
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Daejoyoung: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
PervertProphet:

Please explain to me because I am lost as to where exactly you are headed with "you are following Apostle Paul and not Jesus"

Are you a Muslim?
Many people have problem with apostle Paul. lt is believed that paul corrupted christianity.
lt is also believed that paul spoke against the law contrary to the teachings of jesus and many other things in Paul's letters they don't like. ln addition to that, paul's writings are very hard and full of theology.
l do not agree with paul on many occasions, but l agree with him when it comes to the jewish laws and the role of laws generally.
Keeping the laws of Moses does not justify you before God but rather carrying out good works borne out of faith and love.
People who misunderstand Paul on this issue think he was at odds with jesus here, the misunderstanding comes from the belief that jesus wants us to keep the laws of moses, but nothing could be farther from the truth.
Whenever jesus spoke of the law, he was referring to moral laws, the guidelines and principles behind those moral laws, and he wanted us to keep them even better than the scribes and pharisees. The everlasting laws of God are not the laws of Moses but the principles guiding all moral laws of men in all nations, and this is what jesus was focussed on.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by MuttleyLaff: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Daejoyoung:
Many people have problem with apostle Paul.
Many people have problem(s) with apostle Paul because they dont understand what he writes and dont understand his style of writing either

Daejoyoung:
lt is believed that Paul corrupted christianity.
This is an opinion and one without evidence

Daejoyoung:
lt is believed that Paul speaks against the law contrary to the teachings of jesus and many other things in Paul's letters they don't like. ln addition to that, Paul's writings are very hard and full of theology.
"Paul talks about these same things in all his letters, but part of what he says is hard to understand.
Some ignorant and unsteady people even destroy themselves by twisting what he said.
They do the same thing with other Scriptures too.
"
- 2 Peter 3:16

The same attitude and way they have with Pauline, is what they have and do with scripture. Look around and see the prejudices, discrimination, bigotry, hypocrisy, greed, sense of entitlement, hoodwinking etcetera going on

Daejoyoung:
l do not agree with paul on many occasions, but l agree with him when it comes to the jewish laws and the role of laws generally. Keeping the laws of Moses does not justify you before God but carrying out good works borne out of faith and love.
List your ocassions that you dont agree with Paul on and why not you dont agree with him, so we together both examine if true, you have a point and/or case, lol

Daejoyoung:
People who misunderstand Paul on this issue think he was at odds with Jesus here,
People who misunderstand Paul in any way like that, dont know their bible well enough.

Daejoyoung:
the misunderstanding comes from the belief that jesus wants us to keep the laws of Moses, but nothing could be farther from the truth.
Whenever Jesus spoke of the law, he was referring to moral laws, the guidelines and principles behind those moral laws, and he wanted us to keep them even better than the scribes and pharisees. The everlasting laws of God are not the laws of Moses but the principles guiding all moral laws of men in all nations, and this is what jesus was focussed on.
The misunderstanding comes from not knowing their bible well enough, like I've previously submitted, and most importantly not understanding and appreciating the significance of the appearance of Elijah and Moses conversing with Jesus, in the form of a vision that Peter, John and James saw, on the day of transfiguration.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
PervertProphet:

Are you a Muslim?
If you don't understand the simple difference between Paul who is only a servant of Jesus, and Jesus who is the Master, then don't even bother trying to understand me. Because you never would until you get that part right.

Many servants, disciples, apostles, etc. but only one Master and His name is Jesus.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Daejoyoung: 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Many people have problem(s) with apostle Paul because they dont understand what he writes and dont understand his style of writing either

This is an opinion and one without evidence

"Paul talks about these same things in all his letters, but part of what he says is hard to understand.
Some ignorant and unsteady people even destroy themselves by twisting what he said.
They do the same thing with other Scriptures too.
"
- 2 Peter 3:16

The same attitude and way they have with Pauline, is what they have and do with scripture. Look around and see the prejudices, discrimination, bigotry, hypocrisy, greed, sense of entitlement, hoodwinking etcetera going on

List your ocassions that you dont agree with Paul on and why not you dont agree with him, so we together both examine if true, you have a point and/or case, lol

People who misunderstand Paul in any way like that, dont know their bible well enough.

The misunderstanding comes from not knowing their bible well enough, like I've previously submitted, and most importantly not understanding and appreciating the significance of the appearance of Elijah and Moses conversing with Jesus, in the form of a vision that Peter, John and James saw, on the day of transfiguration.

1) Paul (or a letter ascribed to paul) in 1 Timothy, and even 2 Timothy has a low view of women corresponding to the times in which he lived. So a man living in the 21st century (where we should no longer see women solely as men's property ) must understand that Paul was simply a man of his times here.
2) Paul focused so much of his gospel on the death and resurrection of jesus, while this is important in christianity, this should have come second place to the teachings of jesus on the kingdom of God. jesus from the gospels came to preach the kingdom of God in addition to dying and rising again according to the Jewish scriptures.

These two are the major ones, but the gist here is that paul was simply a human being like you and l. Not everything he wrote should go unquestioned. lnfact the entire bible should be seen as a very human book inspired by God detailing the story of humans and their relationship or perceived relationship with God in the light of difficulties.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by MuttleyLaff: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
Daejoyoung:
1) Paul (or a letter ascribed to paul) in 1 Timothy, and even 2 Timothy has a low view of women corresponding to the times in which he lived. So a man living in the 21st century (where we should no longer see women solely as men's property) must understand that Paul was simply a man of his times here.
1/ How did you arrive at Paul having a low view of women corresponding to the times in which he lived?
2/ Where did you read in the bible that Paul saw women solely as men's property, hmm?

Daejoyoung:
2) Paul focused so much of his gospel on the death and resurrection of Jesus, while this is important in christianity, this should have come second place to the teachings of Jesus on the kingdom of God. Jesus from the gospels came to preach the kingdom of God in addition to dying and rising again according to the Jewish scriptures.
Daejoyoung, if and once, one grasps the implicit exact meaning and/or significance of the death and resurrection of Jesus, it makes the teachings of Jesus on the kingdom of God become easy to understand and/or follow.

Yes, its true, Jesus from the gospels came to preach the kingdom of God in addition to dying and rising again according to the Jewish scriptures, but some Jews dont believe this. Some Jews till tomorrow, are still waiting for the Messiah, lol. Now do you understand why Paul had to put mileage and focus on the the death and resurrection of Jesus? Preaching the gospel to the Jew is a tough nut to crack, certain things needed to be drilled in and on. Remember the gist of Peter's word in the upper room was:
"Men of Israel, listen to this message: Jesus of Nazareth was a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know. He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches etcetera". By the time Peter finished his speech, and people heard it after witnessing the disciples speaking in tongues too, they were cut to the heart and asking Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?". Praise God Alleluia

Daejoyoung, you're a smart guy, I've noticed that, so lets, cut to the chase a bit, lets lay a few cards, straight up open on the table, yeah? Please tell me Daejoyoung, how many times recorded in the bible were speaking in tongues? On each of the number of times, speaking in tongue happened, what was the underlining and common denominator thing that the speaking of tongues on those occassion achieved. I am a fair minded person, so here, your clue is in 1 Corinthians 1:22, Matthew 12:38 etcetera

Daejoyoung:
These two are the major ones, but the gist here is that Paul was simply a human being like you and l. Not everything he wrote should go unquestioned. lnfact the entire bible should be seen as a very human book inspired by God detailing the story of humans and their relationship or perceived relationship with God in the light of difficulties.
Just as I thought, your two above objections to glaringly is down to not understanding the Pauline letters in those respects and also you not being at all familiar with how Paul writes his letters.

If everything Paul wrote or anything in the Bible for that matter should go unquestioned, then we wouldnt have blessed with a processing brain.
The entire bible, truly in fact is a book for humans, inspired by God detailing the story of humans and their relationship or expected relationship with God in the light of difficulties
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by PervertProphet: 2:54am On Dec 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
If you don't understand the simple difference between Paul who is only a servant of Jesus, and Jesus who is the Master, then don't even bother trying to understand me. Because you never would until you get that part right.

Many servants, disciples, apostles, etc. but only one Master and His name is Jesus.

Read again.

What is the "dispute" between Jesus and Apostle Paul that you are dishonestly trying to throw up because no genuine Christian who is guided by the Holy Spirit brings up that type of claim you are bringing up.

Even for a Muslim. A Tafsir exists that speaks of the Messengers of Jesus Christ: Paul (Bulus) sent by Jesus with great powers despite how Muslims try to make it seem that Paul's gospel was different from Jesus.

I don't get where you are headed with all that Jesus vs Paul separation.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 13, 2019
PervertProphet:

Read again.

What is the "dispute" between Jesus and Apostle Paul that you are dishonestly trying to throw up because no genuine Christian who is guided by the Holy Spirit brings up that type of claim you are bringing up.

Even for a Muslim. A Tafsir exists that speaks of the Messengers of Jesus Christ: Paul (Bulus) sent by Jesus with great powers despite how Muslims try to make it seem that Paul's gospel was different from Jesus.

I don't get where you are headed with all that Jesus vs Paul separation.
You read again! Because if you read me right, you wouldn't have bothered making this comment.

jesusjnr:

No one who thinks that Paul was the Holy Spirit would be able to understand me.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by PervertProphet: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
You read again! Because if you read me right, you wouldn't have bothered making this comment.

No one who thinks that Paul was the Holy Spirit would be able to understand me.

Apostle Paul was never the Holy Spirit. Jesus changed him and made him into a vessel that reached billions even till today via all what the Holy Spirit of God inspired him to write down as scriptures for us today.

Apostle Paul never made any claim of been the Holy Spirit.

I really don't get what you both are fighting over.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2019
PervertProphet:

Apostle Paul was never the Holy Spirit. Jesus changed him and made him into a vessel that reached billions even till today via all what the Holy Spirit of God inspired him to write down as scriptures for us today.

Apostle Paul never mad any claim of been the Holy Spirit.

I really don't get what you both are fighting over.
Just as the Holy Spirit did with tens of the other apostles, so there are many people that the Holy Spirit used just as He used Paul, but there's just one Holy Spirit, and only one Master whose is Jesus.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by orisa37: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

When speaking of feminism, I'm talking about the one in the confines of marriage, not the one which claims to be about equality in education and occupation.

Now, according to the title of this article, what is the curse from God which feminists exhibit? You see, when Eve got decieved by the serpent and Adam joined in, it led to the fall of mankind. This made God place a curse on the parties involved - Eve, Adam and the serpent.

What was the curse on Adam? He was to sweat before he eats bread and will always come across difficulties and obstacles to whatever he wants to do. This is a universal thing for all males. We always sweat before we eat i.e we engage in hardwork to provide our daily bread which is the way out as required by God. The males who don't follow God's way in the face of the curse are those who don't do hardwork. They are the Yahoo boys, fraudsters, robbers etc all of which are easy route, which is why they are the ones in jail.

Now, what was the curse on the woman? Read the Bible verse below.

Genesis 3:16 (KJV)
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

As seen above, God placed two curses on the woman for sinning. Both curses are universal. The first is that the woman will always experience pain during child birth, which is universal because all women face this.

The second curse is that their desire shall be to their husband and he shall rule over them. Looking at this curse, one would think it is talking about sexual desire. No, it isn't because that desire had been there before they sinned. That is the essence of why God said they should be fruitful and multiply. Desire comes before becoming fruitful.

So, what is the desire that made God say their husband will have to rule over them? Definitely, sexual desire doesn't make a man rule over his wife. No, it makes them engage in something consentual.

Now, the desire God spoke of involves a woman wanting to take over her husband's rightful position of authority. This is why the husband will have no choice but to be forced to rule over his wife.

"and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee".

That desire is what feminists exhibit in their marriage which leads to chaos. They want equal right in decision making in the family. When Adam agreed to Eve's decision of eating the forbidden fruit instead of standing against it because it is wrong, he fell into sin.

Feminists also want to make their own decisions without their husband's consent. That was what Eve did when she didn't seek Adam's consent before eating the fruit. Guess the dilemma her action left Adam in? He was left with kicking her out for sinning or joining in the sin. Adam chose to sin as well. Did you see how a woman's independent decision led to her fall and that of her husband? She desired to do things on her own and also act as the decision maker in the family. That's desiring the husband's place. This is why husband's are firm in ensuring their authority is not undermined.

God that has placed such a curse on woman as a result of her sin, also provided a way to manage it. And the way to manage it is by being submissive to their husband.

Ephesians 5:22
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

If you submit to your husband, you will realize that the desire for his position will reduce. And this will certainly bring a wife peace because it will make her husband love her more. No one loves a troublesome wife who questions one's authority. The above verse even says wives should submit unto their husbands as unto the Lord.

Any woman who doesn't obey this commandment of God in respect to submission will exhibit the curse God placed on the Woman as the consequence of her sin. That curse is to desire to usurp her husband. That is what Feminists are exhibiting today in their fight for equal rights in marriage when God placed the husband as the head of the family.

Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church:

As seen above, a church which doesn't obey the words of Jesus Christ which is its head, such church will start fighting against Christ with false doctrines and practices.

A wife who doesn't respect her husband's authority as head will look for a way to cut off that head.

So clearly, God gave Eve a command which she disobeyed and did what she desired. This led to curses on her. Here, God has commanded wives to submit to their husband as head. Feminists disobey that command, which is why they are fighting for equal rights in marriage. This is chaos, because there has to be a head in every affair in life e.g at work, in a country, community, family etc.

Ladies, what this sermon basically teaches is that if you fail to submit to your husband, it means you desire to be authoritative like him in the family. This means your husband will be forced to rule over you which you might not like. If you go ahead to undermine that rule, then comes lack of interest in you from your husband and many more before divorce.

So, make sure you obey your husband...

1 Peter 3:6
Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

THEY'RE DAUGHTERS OF EVE AND ALREADY CURSED.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by orisa37: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2019
orisa37:

MODERN FEMINISTS SHOULD BEHAVE LIKE MARY.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by orisa37: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2019
orisa37:

MODERN FEMINISTS SHOULD BEHAVE LIKE MARY.
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by alBHAGDADI: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2019
lalasticlala morning
Re: Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2019
A born again Christian woman cant be a feminist.
Feminism is an antichristian ideology, it is a product of the rebellius human nature which is in contrast with the Spirit.
The intrigues in these last days will separate the sheep from the goats, those who just merely profess christ or those who are born of the Spirit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Few Make Heaven? / Is White Wedding Biblical? / Today Is 9/11, A Brief Prayer For The Departed Souls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.