Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,686 members, 7,921,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:16 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. (2437 Views)

CCTV Footage Of Sowore's Arrest By DSS / Atiku Reacts To The Arrest Of Sowore By DSS / Eedris Abudulkareem Reacts To Arrest Of Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2019
Habakus:

So what if Tinubu is investigated and found to have withdrawn his own personal money and shared to people on the eve of an election, what would now happen?

Little wonder people insult Buhari supporters, but I try to be civil in my arguments.

Are you not aware it is a crime to move huge amounts of money in cash?

Are you not aware sharing money for elections is vote buying and is all shades of wrong?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Habakus: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
mcquin:

Little wonder people insult Buhari supporters, but I try to be civil in my arguments.

Are you not aware it is a crime to move huge amounts of money in cash?

Are you not aware sharing money for elections is vote buying and is all shades of wrong?

It is not a crime to move huge amounts of money in cash in Nigeria by an individual or company if it is duly registered by the relevant bodies.
How did you know that the money was distributed for vote buying,that's playing along with you that it was indeed money that was in the van?
This is exactly why I told you Tinubu's case is dicey. It would be extremely difficult for any agency in the world to obtain a conviction against him based on the issue.
Tinubu is not your average politician. I personally consider him as one of the smartest politicians in the world today.
Hate him or love him,he's been able to build an enviable political empire by mere smartness.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Hoephase: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
Habakus:

No bro. Tinubu has absolutely no case to answer...Except if you can prove that there was money inside the bullion van. Even at that,you'd have to prove that he broke a law by bringing money into his compound using bullion van.

You see how difficult it is?

I am not saying he has any case to answer but giving the sensitivity of the issue the government needs to clear the air on that by conducting an independent inquiry on the contents of that bullion van and what the content was for and what it was used for.

You would agreed with me that if that bullion van was found in the premises of PDP bigwig on the said day FG would hiden under the guise of national security to unravel the content of that van?

I am not affiliated to any party because both PDP and APC have been giving it to Nigerians since day one am just trying to have a civil conversation.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Habakus: 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hoephase:

I am not saying he has any case to answer but giving the sensitivity of the issue the government needs to clear the air on that by conducting an independent inquiry on the contents of that bullion van and what the content was for and what it was used for.

You would agreed with me that if that bullion van was found in the premises of PDP bigwig on the said day FG would hiden under the guise of national security to unravel the content of that van?

I am not affiliated to any party because both PDP and APC have been giving it to Nigerians since day one am just trying to have a civil conversation.
Good. I appreciate your civility towards this issue.
Now your second statement isn't very accurate.
If it was PDP and the government decided to investigate, they would merely be pandering, and no relevant court in this country would give them a conviction. That is in fact,why it would seem EFCC OR DSS have not so far gained a lot of victories in their prosecutions during this administration. Maybe,just maybe,they've been pandering by playing subtle partisan politics.
Don't forget that most convictions from court by this government have been against mostly APC members.
Ask yourself these: did Tinubu break any law in Nigeria? No.
Can the responsible government agencies investigate Tinubu if a prima facie case is established against him? Yes.
But is it likely they would investigate him given the myriads of other more established cases before the EFCC or DSS? No.
There you go bro.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Hoephase: 7:13am On Dec 14, 2019
Habakus:

Good. I appreciate your civility towards this issue.
Now your second statement isn't very accurate.
If it was PDP and the government decided to investigate, they would merely be pandering, and no relevant court in this country would give them a conviction. That is in fact,why it would seem EFCC OR DSS have not so far gained a lot of victories in their prosecutions during this administration. Maybe,just maybe,they've been pandering by playing subtle partisan politics.
Don't forget that most convictions from court by this government have been against mostly APC members.
Ask yourself these: did Tinubu break any law in Nigeria? No.
Can the responsible government agencies investigate Tinubu if a prima facie case is established against him? Yes.
But is it likely they would investigate him given the myriads of other more established cases before the EFCC or DSS? No.
There you go bro.

Well put. I see your points and I understand the issues raised. Apart from the difficulties and roadblocks you sighted, even if it was proven that there is money in the van and it was meant for vote buying, I don't see EFCC or DSS getting a win.

But you would agree a times the intend of such an investigation is not to convict but to gain and restore the confidence of the public.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria / IPOB Mega Protest In Rome, Italy - Pictures / South West Missing In APC Power Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.