Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,337 members, 7,943,830 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:44 AM

Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship (1702 Views)

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? / Have You Ever Cried Over A Failed Relationship? / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Joviie(f): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2019
I need help from people who have gone through heartbreak from failed relationship... How were you able to get over the shock, the feeling of emptiness.

I have tried all I could to forget about him, the memories and everything but it just seems so difficult. The breakup is still looking like a bad dream to me that I hope to wake up from.

I gave my all and loved him so sincerely with everything in me but shît still happened. It is affecting me negatively at work now because I am not paying attention and I am making a lot of mistakes
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by bodemattews(m): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2019
It’s not easy but the best way is to focus on yourself by creating a new goal and spending all your time and energy on that goal. As u spend time realizing that goal the feelings gradually goes down. You can message me on WhatsApp on +971521428350 if you need someone to talk to. I won’t advice you to date or start seeing anyone right now as it’s not a good option at all at the moment.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by donbachi(m): 9:37am On Dec 09, 2019
Love again

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by madone: 9:39am On Dec 09, 2019
Same thing u from other post before urs
Work more
Get something of interest to do to occupy your time and mind

Forgve him and forgive ur sef
Go out on casual date
Make lots of friends and ND discover that there are alot of people that have same character like him even better people who are more handsome and more of every thing e is not
This worked for me in particular : learn to reward ur self ur passion and dream. Me more money. And have real fun. Save Oney and watchit grow. .
Invest money and ask for return lol

Just have fun

My umber is below u. An chat me up if u want
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2019
Sad but truth is that it's not easy to get over a failed relationship with someone you truly loved. Especially where you invested emotionally but you can manage.

Healing from heartbreak is a gradual continuous process so don't rush it else you will feel worse someday.

First thing you should do is to take out time to think about the whole thing, analyze the whole relationship and pay much attention to the bad side.

List the reasons it failed, the persons bad characters and all he had done to hurt you and ask yourself if that's what you want.

Surely you will gradually start to see that you deserve better and that's a good way to start.

Tell yourself that he is not the person you want to be with and suck it all up.

Read, read, read, and read nice books... Watch movies, go out with friends and find something else to do that will take over the time you usually spend with him.

Work out if you can, improve yourself physically, financially and emotionally.

Like I said, it is a gradually continuous process but if you do the right at the right time, he will soon be the one to regret leaving.

And trust me, you will get someone better.

2 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by mamajj17(f): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
My dear Nothing breaks like the HEART, just get yrself occupied, probably to Fitness Studio, make more Friends thou be careful ! Avoid Social Media for now, delete his Fotos if you hv any ! Delete his Contact, make no move to stalk him or any of his Friends. Lastly don't discuss issues that got to do with him with anybody for now! What will be is meant to be. Don't give up on Love. It will happen One day dear. All the very Best kiss

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by dayleke: 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
It's not easy initially but just know that life goes on.
It's one day at a time.

As per your job, please no play with that one o.
Unless you are born with "silverspoon" or "gold(en)fork".
If you play with your job or jonze with it, na fire dem go fire you o.
Then you go ask yourself if it was worth it?
Pesin wey don move on sef.

Sorry ma.
Just pick up d pieces and move on.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by CreepyBlackpool: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
Gimme your contacts. I can help you move on

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by chigoizie7(m): 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Just get over it
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by bluefilm: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
CreepyBlackpool:
Gimme your contacts. I can help you move on
With this dirty smile on your face, I sure say na finish you wan go finish am.

Nwanne, diaris god o! grin
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
Joviie:
I need help from people who have gone through heartbreak from failed relationship... How were you able to get over the shock, the feeling of emptiness.

I have tried all I could to forget about him, the memories and everything but it just seems so difficult. The breakup is still looking like a bad dream to me that I hope to wake up from.

I gave my all and loved him so sincerely with everything in me but shît still happened. It is affecting me negatively at work now because I am not paying attention and I am making a lot of mistakes

My dear. Find time to cry. As in cry!!!!!!. It helps. It relieves a lot.

Then look for very interesting books to read. But dont go near love stories. Maybe things like a thriller that would excite you and horror stories. Yeah!

Try going to the beach with friends. Go out often when you're not reading. Play games. I liked Vice city wink.
Never ever stay alone.
Before you know it, it will be gone.

I'm not saying it gonna be easy but it will work.
Please anytime you're caught alone all by yourself ( cos it will happen) and you remember it again. Just let out your heart and cry off any pent up feelings. You'll heal faster. But dont cry headache o.

Delete everything about him. And don't go stalking on him. Though you may have the temptation to do so, try as much as you can not to.

Lastly, check out the babe he's pulling with, if shes not as beautiful as you, Mtchew, nothing do you. Youll feel better sef. tongue thats a joke though. I did it and discovered she's not half as beautiful as I am. So I zeroed my mind.
Also pray for comfort from the holy spirit.

Wish you quick recovery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Women always become good servants of God after disappointment. (no offence intended, just thinking loud) [quote author=
Also pray for comfort from the holy spirit.

[/quote]
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Heloct(f): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
You can't forget him all at once. Take your time to heal. Cry it all out. Don't always stay indoor. Connect with your friends and always go out.. See movies. Read books.

Don't try to contact him. The temptation to call him will be there but please, don't. Don't stalk him and don't rush into a new relationship. Take all the time you need.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
Cultivate the habit of reading self improvement books. Check out this book titled "the subtle art of not giving a fucck".

Make friends

Listen to songs when you are bored

Step out. Take yourself out.

Joviie:

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Dejavu31: 8:17am On Feb 22, 2020
It will definitely take time. Cry let go of the emotions and find new hobbies hangout with friends.

Joviie:

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by JONSYN7154: 8:21am On Feb 22, 2020
Joviie:

When did the relationship fail? I want to know before I'll advice you. I have gone through heart break too. Seey signature for my WhatsApp number. We can chat there.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 22, 2020
Joviie:

One of the reasons why I fear commitment,to avoid things like this.

Firstly,the grief after heartbreak is not mainly because of love but reasons like:

1) Fear of being alone
2) bruised ego
3) doubting one's self worth(asking if you were not pretty or smart or nice a lot)
4) feelings of betrayal.

Having the mindset that people are prone to disappoint will calm you down. As I am,nothing a mortal does can shock me.
Not everything lasts forever. Not all relationships must end in marriage.

Distract yourself by making new friends,taking up a new hobby etc.

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Youngeasy1: 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Joviie:

Sorry about this.. Shit happens and we learn everyday. In all, everything happens for a reason. Just be strong

Hope you've been able to move on?
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by LowMore: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Scammer and hardened criminal
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Elobolo: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Joviie:

Allow yourself to grief and look in the mirror and tell yourself it is over.

I am going through same but i can tell you it is gets better day by day if you totally block him from all social media, dont stalk him, unfriend your mutal friends and never stay alone.

Feeling emotional is normal. Cry! Cry!! Cry!!! but as you cry, never regret and never think of the good times you had with him.

Lastly, occupy your mind with activities and never rush to love again.

You will surely be fine. Trust me!!!!
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over A Failed Relationship by Lady97: 7:50am On Jun 26, 2023
I want to create a circle of friends…What am I saying more than friends but family…Family that have each other’s back, a family that show genuine love, affection, care, support. I know most of us crave for such. Most of us have been hurt by people will love and care about. Some of us are looking for closure…we need someone to talk to… A circle of like minds.
Trust me Guys, I have a strong feeling that we can achieve this.
If you are judgmental please you aren’t needed
If you aren’t a born again Christian please don’t come close

We will be doing a lot :
Movie Night
Games
Talk show
Heart to heart talk
Hangout etc

So if you are interested you can reach me on WhatsApp via 07047991156 / 07065616074

(1) (Reply)

Six Mates to Marry To Enjoy Marital Bliss / A Married Woman With 2 Kids Pesters Another Married Woman Into Lesbianism. Video / Couple Caught Having Sex In An Empty Cinema Goes Viral (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.