Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,001 members, 7,966,694 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 08:15 PM

Money laundering: Monarch dumps Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money laundering: Monarch dumps Kalu (748 Views)

FG Orders IG To Hand Over Saraki Money Laundering Case File / Ajimobi’s Wife Arrested In The UK For Money Laundering / Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money laundering: Monarch dumps Kalu by mutw(m): 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
A traditional ruler in Abia State, Eze Gaius Ihejiamaizu, on Thursday asked an Abuja Federal High Court to discharge him as one of the sureties to former governor of Abia State, Chief Orji Kalu, and return his certificate of recognition.

Ihejiamaizu, the traditional ruler of Umuojioma-Ukwu village in Isiala Ngwa Local Government Area of the state, in his affidavit, said, “Sometime in July 2007, I stood as surety to the first accused person, Kalu in this charge.

“That part of the bail condition included the deposit of my certificate of recognition as a traditional ruler (Eze) in Abia State issued on November 16, 1998 by the state government and I entered as surety to the accused person because of the confidence I had in him then.

“I no longer have confidence in the first accused person and will not stand as surety for him anymore. That for now, the first accused and myself have not been associating with each other and I can no longer vouch for him, being unaware of his movements and action.”

Justice Adamu Bello later adjourned hearing in the application till December 20.

(1) (Reply)

Okija Shrine And Other Quality Jujus For Oath Taking In Nigeria / Ogun Pdp Crisis : Daniel,anenih Others Meet / After Two Attempts - Mr. Buhari Still Wants To Put Head. What Has Changed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.