Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,441 members, 7,944,178 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield (2892 Views)

Differences Between "i.e." And "e.g." / Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by Truecelebmedia(f): 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
Although I literally (and partially literarily) tread his (Soyinka) path, I never wanted to be like him; no, not like I gave it so much thought, but I knew so little of him, and yes, I rather would be myself. People have said we had the same footprints and may leave the same kinds of marks in the annals of mankind. They have likened the depth of my poetry and the skillfulness of my penmanship to his. What has startled me more is the profuse harassment by by-traders, market women and salesmen. They would boldly slam his name upon me in attempt to get my attention. Sometimes, I could be almost certain that I would be addressed as Soyinka whenever I was stepping out. Was it the hair or was it more? I could not be bothered as far as I left my own ink-mark in the deathless libraries. But this night, I stumbled upon some clips of this man, and for the first time, I more substantially understood the very essence and substance of him............
.....continue readind: https://truecelebmedia.com.ng/wole-soyinka-and-chesterfield/

1 Like

Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by Commentor: 12:28am On Dec 13, 2019
A long way to go but why not?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2019
Hehehe
Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by Obakoolex(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2019
This is baba in his youthful days.... nothing like that guy cool

Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2019
You flatter yourself @OP.
Chesterfield abi wetin you call am? Start by using your given African name. If you don't have one, then...

1 Like

Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by Birdeyeview: 11:42am On Dec 13, 2019
low budget look-alike.
Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by CASTAGNE: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by Amstupid(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2019
Rip op ,,,, u dont ave sense at all embarassed

Re: The Striking Similarities Between Wole Soyinka And E. R. Chesterfield by THUNDER4real(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
@op

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

As A First Class Graduate,what Is Your Situation About Getting A Good Job? / Super Tv Boss Murder : "I am not Guilty" - Chidinma (Photos) / 2014/2015 Total E&P Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.