Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,093 members, 7,890,603 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:48 PM

Anthony Obuh, 2015 Delta State Governorship Aspirant Dies At 62 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anthony Obuh, 2015 Delta State Governorship Aspirant Dies At 62 (609 Views)

Ondo Guber Aspirant Dies After Raising Alarm On Threat To Life (pic) / Orji Kalu: At 62, I'm Happy I Gave My All To Abians As Governor / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Obuh, 2015 Delta State Governorship Aspirant Dies At 62 by ikay00406(m): 12:00am On Dec 13, 2019
A popular Delta State Governorship aspirant under the platform of the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP), in the build up to the 2015 general election, Sir. Tony Obuh, is dead.

Before his death, he was appointed by the incumbent governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, as chairman, Delta State pensions Board.

Tony Obuh, hailed from Agbor kingdom in Ika south local government area of the state. He was 62 years old.

Immediate past Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan has expressed grief and shock on the death of Mr. Anthony Chucks Obuh, who served him diligently and faithfully, first as Director in the office of Secretary to the State Government and Permanent Secretary, Government House, Asaba.

Anthony Chucks Obuh who died in the early hours of Thursday morning at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, was born 27th January 1957 and was the current Chairman, State Pensions Board.

An extremely downcast and grieving Dr. Uduaghan described Obuh as “an experienced retired civil servant, who started working with me first as Director, then Permanent Secretary in SSG’s office, and then my Permanent Secretary in the Government House.”

“He became Permanent Secretary Government House and Protocol, when I was Governor, from where he resigned to contest the Governorship seat of Delta State.

“After the unsuccessful attempt, he was appointed a Commissioner for Special Duties until the end of my administration.

“In the past few years, he has dealt with a protracted illness for which he had sought medical solutions both in Nigeria and overseas. He finally succumbed to the illness in the early hours of this morning.

“He was a highly effective and efficient technocrat, hardworking, dedicated, and very humble”, he posited.

Dr. Uduaghan who prayed for the repose of the gentle soul of the deceased also sent his heartfelt condolences to the family and associates of the departed Tony Obuh.

Re: Anthony Obuh, 2015 Delta State Governorship Aspirant Dies At 62 by BREYZ: 12:53am On Dec 13, 2019
Chai! Nwoke Ana!

(1) (Reply)

Prophets Emmanuel, Kasali Gain Citizens For Peace, First Aid Mission Promotions / The Apapa-oshodi Road Will Last For 40 Years When Completed - Dangote / Ayade Expresses Satisfaction As CR Roofing Tiles Factory Commences Test Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.