Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,405 members, 7,914,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 04:21 PM

Something That Cost You Something - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Something That Cost You Something (318 Views)

Something That Cost You Something / This Won't Cost You Few Minutes To Grab. Underground Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something That Cost You Something by jonatoye(m): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2019
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: Something that cost you something

WORD FOR TODAY
Every sacrifice comes with a great cost. When it comes to giving to God our creator we must ensure that we give to Him a thing that really cost you something!!!
Scriptural Reference
"Then the king said to Araunah, "No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing." So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver." (2 Samuel 24:24 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God does not need men to be the God He is but we need Him to fulfill our mandate in the land of the living. God in His principles give back to men according to the measure of what they give.

The fact that there are people who take advantage of the heart of sacrifice of men towards God to enrich themselves, should not hinder you to offer quality sacrifices to God. Your pace in life and what your life will turn out to be depend on your sacrifices. Solomon's journey to significance began the day He gave bountifully to God at the inception of his reign.

The value of what you give God will always be in the proportion of what God gave you. A man who has $200000 and gives God $2000 actually gave something but what did it cost him? Whatever you do becomes sacrifice if and only if it costs you something. God needs your time, money, expertise and material possessions to execute His divine plans on earth.

Prayer Point
Lord! Help me to live a life of sacrifice in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Main Emphasis
True giving begins with giving something that cost you something!!!

Have a Terrific Friday!!!
Re: Something That Cost You Something by AntiChristian: 8:42am On Dec 13, 2019
Are we still in the time of this king? We have Naira not Shekels of Silver!

Then the king said to Araunah, "No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing." So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver." (2 Samuel 24:24 NKJV)

In the same old testament God said to Boko Haram in Numbers 31:17-18

17So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, 18but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

If you believe the OT verse in bold then you should believe that in red and act on it!
Re: Something That Cost You Something by ContractKiller: 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
I love how this creature's one dimensional, single digit IQ works grin

The virgins mentioned in Numbers 31 are the remnants of the Baal Peor women whom God punished for practicing prostitution. These women kept their dignity by not taking part in prostitution and so their lives were spared.

So tell me my dear dimwit. Are you saying that God punished prostitution so that He could implement sex slavery? Maybe that's how it would look to a fool but our God doesn't work that way because sexual slavery is strictly forbidden in the Mosaic law:

[img]https://images./2oMzVMyD3QzGYHusrYeHSg.jpg[/img]

You obviously think Christianity is as empty and devoid of meaning as your hopeless life.

AntiChristian:
Are we still in the time of this king? We have Naira not Shekels of Silver!

Then the king said to Araunah, "No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing." So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver." (2 Samuel 24:24 NKJV)

In the same old testament God said to Boko Haram in Numbers 31:17-18

17So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, 18but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

If you believe the OT verse in bold then you should believe that in red and act on it!

1 Like

Re: Something That Cost You Something by AntiChristian: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2019
ContractKiller:
I love how this creature's one dimensional, single digit IQ works grin

The virgins mentioned in Numbers 31 are the remnants of the Baal Peor women whom God punished for practicing prostitution. These women kept their dignity by not taking part in prostitution and so their lives were spared.

So tell me my dear dimwit. Are you saying that God punished prostitution so that He could implement sex slavery? Maybe that's how it would look to a fool but our God doesn't work that way because sexual slavery is strictly forbidden in the Mosaic law:

You obviously think Christianity is as empty and devoid of meaning as your hopeless life.

I am bigger than exchanging petty insult with you.

If God can punish them because of their sins why can your fair God too punish the adultery in Genesis 38.

Judah married Shua and gave birth to three sons Er, Onan and Shelah.
Judah took a wife for his first son Er with the name Tamar.
Er was Evil in the sight of the Lord so God took his life.
Then Judah said to Onan, "Sleep with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother."
But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother.
What he did was wicked in the LORD's sight; so the LORD put him to death also.

Judah told Tamar to return to her household as a widow till his third son is matured apparently he was afraid he would die too.
Later Judah's wife died and on his way to tend to his sheep Tamar pretended as a roadside harlot and his father in law unknowingly slept with her. As she thought she was being denied her right to marry the 3rd son.

She got pregnant and the father wanted to burn her to death for prostitution. He then found out he was the culprit.

What did the Lord do to the adulterer and adulteress? He blessed them with a twins and they knew themselves no more!

(1) (Reply)

A Christian (Factboyz) Masquerading As A Muslim And Insulting Christians / Hillsong / Best Holy Spirit Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.