Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,330 members, 7,947,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election (18976 Views)

Slovakia: Pro-Russian Party, DSD Wins Parliamentary Elections / Boris Johnson And Girlfriend, Carrie Symonds Move Into Downing Street / Boris Johnson Is The New Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by sayisayi(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2019
Congratulations to the bleached, effete whale. I just dey wait for your heart attack while on top of your new MILF.

Corbyn should go jump in a lake, if u cannot beat this guy, your must bea goat
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by henryobinna(m): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2019
Temple1288:
Conservatives are taking over the whole world. People are tired of Globalization!

Nationalism doesn't mean you hate anyone. It means you love your country more.
yes, it means you love your country and your people more not some globalist stupi.d idea of the world being one.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:45am On Dec 13, 2019
Temple1288:
Conservatives are taking over the whole world. People are tired of Globalization!

Nationalism doesn't mean you hate anyone. It means you love your country more.
But you are there,living in the US,thanks to what?
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2019
TRUMP TWIN
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by nothingspoil70: 8:55am On Dec 13, 2019
They have actually won 363 seats so far with only two left to be announced

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by grandstar(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2019
I'm sure the pound sterling has fallen on the news. I've not checked but just very sure.

The Tories nationalism is in contrast with their love of the free markets. Brexit is economic suicide

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Isoduwa(m): 9:02am On Dec 13, 2019
They go nowhere not until Nigerian is great again let me call put in first
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Branzy(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2019
Brexit is a goal. Those dumb liberals want second referendum want to circumvent the will of the people
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by LordAdam16: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2019
hucienda:
Congratulations to Boris and the Tories.

Next up. 3 November 2020.

You can say that again.

The liberal tears is tasty. They wouldn't even know what hit them. 3 Nov will be R-rated.

The annoying part is that they aren't even trying to right their wrongs and get the regular Joe and Jane to trust them again. Instead, they're intent on going even further left with a massive F U to anyone who so much as coughs about their "policies", if you can call it that.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Confirmedzombie: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2019
With this majority win, I see Biafra coming.

Our ibo votes gave him the victory.

Biafra is coming

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Dee60: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2019
Built2last:
Election started 7am yesterday lasted till 10pm. By 12 midnight Result was already coming out. This morning result has been announced and by Monday they are sworn in and work starts.

I went to vote by 9pm yesterday. I did not see Military men, thugs, mobile police. There was no oga boys sharing money.

They asked me my address and full name. Gave me a piece of paper and I voted in 2 mins.

Nigeria will conduct local government elections and result will remain with INEC collation till result is doctored and Pharmacied.

We are not ready yet

They will even declare it inconclusive.

Then you have 3000 cases filed up to Supreme court...so that lawyers and j...... will chop theirs.
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by MT: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2019
This is an interesting, historic development. Tories win majority but this leads to another serious problem; the future of UK is threatened. Eyes will be on Scotland because there will be some political movements . I see Scotland seeking to determine their own independence which will lead to dissolution of the union.

2 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2019
Donaldoni:
Brexit is a done deal!

Britons want Brexit!! Confirmed!!! grin
Exactly.
The people are tired.
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by MT: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2019
grandstar:
I'm sure the pound sterling has fallen on the news. I've not checked but just very sure.

The Tories nationalism is in contrast with their love of the free markets. Brexit is economic suicide

The pounds actually rise so strongly against dollars and euro. I lack words to describe why that was so.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by lagdmark(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
TRUMP TWIN
Watin concern trump. Allow the man to face his case jeje.
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2019
Built2last:
Election started 7am yesterday lasted till 10pm. By 12 midnight Result was already coming out. This morning result has been announced and by Monday they are sworn in and work starts.

I went to vote by 9pm yesterday. I did not see Military men, thugs, mobile police. There was no oga boys sharing money.

They asked me my address and full name. Gave me a piece of paper and I voted in 2 mins.

Nigeria will conduct local government elections and result will remain with INEC collation till result is doctored and Pharmacied.

We are not ready yet
I voted on my way to the office. It was just like walking into your office building and saying hi to the receptionist, then continue to your office

The guys vying for district representative in my area actualy came to my house to campaign. Once u open door, they will greet u with your full names. No camera or crowd. Just you and them, discussing one on one like friends.

3 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by ikorodureporta: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2019
Mr Brexit
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by CrestMan: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2019
Identify with Trump and his ideology and you become a serial winner; identify with Obama-kind of party (that promotes gay, abortion, lesbianism etc) and you automatically become a looser. cool

5 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2019
sassysure:

I voted on my way to the office. It was just like walking into your office building and saying hi to the receptionist, then continue to your office

The guys vying for district representative in my area actualy came to my house to campaign. Once u open door, they will greet u with your full names. No camera or crowd. Just you and them, discussing one on one like friends.

Soo true, though I never got to meet my MP due to the nature of my job but for once I felt happy to vote knowing that my vote would count & my ballot paper wouldn't be lost in transit.
Voting didn't take me more than 5 mins and the best part of it is I didn't have to wait for days to know the result of the election.

2 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by somtookeke(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2019
British PM wins parliamentary majority
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/british-pm-wins-parliamentary-majority.html

EPL: Solskjaer reveals how many players he wants to sign for Man Utd in January
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/epl-solskjaer-reveals-how-many-players.html

Share, like, comment

1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2019
grandstar:

Lol, you and your beer parlor economics , such a joke.
Forex responds to stable economies and government. Pre-election, the uncertainty of Brexit drove the pound to its lowest level in years but as exit polls began to show a strong majority, pound surged to very strong levels.
Investors are confident that Brexit would get done and the government will now have a clear direction. This is what investors want to see, a stable economy.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by MT: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2019
quaintbloke:

Lol, you and your beer parlor economics , such a joke.
Forex responds to stable economies and government. Pre-election, the uncertainty of Brexit drove the pound to its lowest level in years but as exit polls began to show a strong majority, pound surged to very strong levels.
Investors are confident that Brexit would get done and the government will now have a clear direction. This is what investors want to see, a stable economy.

Though I agree that the UK will now have a clear direction , yet the govt is not sure the extent of uncertainties lying in wait. It's looking like a ding ding affair. It can easily sink the UK or UK can float. We will soon see what will happen.
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2019
henryobinna:
(Nigerian)tribalism and nationalism are pretty much the same thing. Unless you don't understand them well enough
You're actually correct. But you know tribalism is a negative microcosm of nationalism.
While nationalism looks to enforce the people's right to determine their own destiny and direction, tribalism looks to identify with individuals and promote whatever they put forward as good for the people not what the people decide is good for themselves

P.S: Tribalism isn't a Nigerian thing alone o. Even the Brits are tribalists

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Kriptune: 11:28am On Dec 13, 2019
Permit me to innocently ask for educational purpose;

1.What does the UK stand to gain from Brexit
2. what will they probably lose if they successfully pull out from EU ?

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by TeamSimple(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2019
hotwax:
Trump don win again. This guy na trum padi
You don’t know anything . Is this not the same man trump called Two faced and gossiper along with Canada’s president . They are both really on bad terms .
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

But you are there,living in the US,thanks to what?
That's not exactly true. The US visa lottery was started by Ronald Reagan govt, a republican. Just as slavery was abolished by republicans too.
Being conservative does not necessarily mean you're anti-immigration
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2019
MT:

Though I agree that the UK will now have a clear direction , yet the govt is not sure the extent of uncertainties lying in wait. It's looking like a ding ding affair. It can easily sink the UK or UK can float. We will soon see what will happen.
Yeah, every one knows that Brexit is just started as trade deals and other negotiations will be a long drawn out process but yeah, the country now has a direction.
It's like a divorce that has taken too long of which couple are already tired. They want to move on, potential suitors are shying away cos the wife still wears her wedding band.
Her relatives are warning her of the uncertainties that lie ahead as a single mother but she eventually takes a stand and tell them "fvck it, if I perish, I perish".
Now that she is single, suitors can look her way. Will her life be bliss after the divorce? Who knows! But at least she knows she is free to chart her own life course.
@kriptune

3 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by henryobinna(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

You're actually correct. But you know tribalism is a negative microcosm of nationalism.
While nationalism looks to enforce the people's right to determine their own destiny and direction, tribalism looks to identify with individuals and promote whatever they put forward as good for the people not what the people decide is good for themselves

P.S: Tribalism isn't a Nigerian thing alone o. Even the Brits are tribalists
you're correct to an extent in my opinion, but it's much broader than you put it.

Why I put (Nigerian)as a prefix is because Nigerian tribalism is actually nationalism. Each tribe is a homogeneous nation with a lot in common like languages which they share. All over the world humans are tribal. So it's normal for Brits to be tribal afterall they're actually different people lumped together, the Scot, irish, Welsh and English with pretty much different languages.
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by henryobinna(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

That's not exactly true. The US visa lottery was started by Ronald Reagan govt, a republican. Just as slavery was abolished by republicans too.
Being conservative does not necessarily mean you're anti-immigration
bro don't mind some of these people. Many of them are 100% selfish and hypocritical such that if given the position they'll do the exact thing they're accusing others of.

Personally, I've never been supporter of unnecessary mass immigration and worse if it's illegal.

We like to condemn Whites for doing what we take as normal lifestyle for us because we always have that victim mentality.
Re: Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2019
henryobinna:
you're correct to an extent in my opinion, but it's much broader than you put it.

Why I put (Nigerian)as a prefix is because Nigerian tribalism is actually nationalism. Each tribe is a homogeneous nation with a lot in common like languages which they share. All over the world humans are tribal. So it's normal for Brits to be tribal afterall they're actually different people lumped together, the Scot, irish, Welsh and English with pretty much different languages.
I wouldn't call tribalism as we have it now in Nigeria, nationalism. Nationalism is an agenda which people can identify with based on issues affecting them. In the first republic, we had that. Yoruba believed in high taxes with free health and education with a strong south to match. Igbos somewhat tended towards economic integration and commerce, while the Hausas identified religion and culture as their own primary agenda. When tribalism came up, issues are swept aside and identity with personalities become the order of the day. Look at the 2019 elections for example, what were the main issues? It was simply a case of which personality each tribe believed will give them access to power. Every other consideration was secondary. That's what I'm talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured / Germany Admits Genocide In Namibia In Colonial Era / New Zealand PM Takes Commercial Flight To Japan After His Plane Broke Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.