Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,740 members, 7,948,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company (510 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Buhari's Bailout To The States Without Senate Approval / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by igbobuigbo: 5:10am On Nov 27, 2010
The oil-producing states without an oil company include
Abia
Imo
Edo
Ondo
Cross River (although cross river is technically no more an oil-producing state since it lost oil wells in Bakassi and the remaining to Akwa Ibo state, recently)

What are these states doing to ensure that the oil produced in there states bring about a physical presence of the oil companies rather than huge pipelines that siphon oil to neighbouring states?
Re: Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by Omenani(m): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2010
I had an argument with someone concerning this issue. It became very nasty.
Re: Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by Abagworo(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2010
The oil produced in those states are marginal compared with the big 4.
Re: Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by igbobuigbo: 9:05am On Nov 27, 2010
Abagworo:

The oil produced in those states are marginal compared with the big 4.

Nonetheless. They should have resident oil facilities in these states. BTW, the oil may be small in terms of national production. but in a situation of 100% resource control, the oil in Imo, for e.g.,  will be MORE THAN ENOUGH to drive the Imo economy.
Re: Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by DapoBear(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2010
Anyone have a quick reference for the number of barrels of oil produced by each state (and offshore too)? My google-fu fails me; all I can come up with is that Nigeria produces 2 million barrels/day, but cannot find how this is further broken up.
Re: Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by Omenani(m): 9:29am On Nov 27, 2010
DapoBear:

Anyone have a quick reference for the number of barrels of oil produced by each state (and offshore too)? My google-fu fails me; all I can come up with is that Nigeria produces 2 million barrels/day, but cannot find how this is further broken up.

Bonny is the most important oil site in all of Nigeria. Bonny Light Crude is high in demand by the West and Asia.
Re: Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by PapaBrowne(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2010
Omenani:

Bonny is the most important oil site in all of Nigeria. Bonny Light Crude is high in demand by the West and Asia.

I think Escravos is the most important and not Bonny. Bonny might have been in the past, but with the kind of investmenst going on in Escravos, I will give it the numero uno posizione!

@Topic

Truly, the economic impact derivable from siting an oil company office in the state of operation is actually minimal. I'd rather these states look for ways to use their little derivation to get off the hook on oil rather than expend mental energy bleating over oil company offices.

Donald Duke was already doing it with tourism in Cross River State. Other states have their own unique advantages.
Lagos state has the largest concentration of oil companies in Africa and yet it doesn't produce a drop of oil. You cannot locate a head office somehwere that lacks the infrastructure to handle your administrative operations.
Re: Oil-producing States Without An Oil Company by Vindy: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2010
An oil company will not come and begin to build structures when may all they get from that state is 50000barrels of oil p/d, they will rather look for a way to move it to the closest flowstation even if its in a nearbouring state. Talk about maximization of profit.

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Want As The Nigerian President? / Restoring Hope To Nigeria / e/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.