Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,501 members, 7,951,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

NAPS Discredits Attention Seekers On Ado Poly SUG Suspension(photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NAPS Discredits Attention Seekers On Ado Poly SUG Suspension(photos) (168 Views)

Photos Of Choice Christopher, New Delta Poly SUG President That Caused Uproar / WAEC Discredits False Claims In Respect To Commencement Of Her Exam In August / Adegboye Olatunji: I Was Charmed By Cultists – Ilaro Poly SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NAPS Discredits Attention Seekers On Ado Poly SUG Suspension(photos) by Honbright(m): 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
THE National association of polytechnics students (NAPS) leadership ably led by the National President elect Activist Sunday A. Asuku from the department of Chemical Engineering HND11 blew hot upon the report that some mischief makers who are in search of cheap attention threatened to close the institution.

While speaking with newsmen, it is on record that as the former Senate President of NAPS, my team was fully on ground to observe the election which was conducted by APECO, the report gathered was that there were irregularities, the number of votes counted was far beyond the accredited voters which of course will be in favour of a candidate and definitely against another, the APECO finally declared the election inconclusive resulting from the said irregularities, the leading side took on rampage and demanded that the result be announced and the winner be declared, immediately the report got to the management, the Rector of the institution Dr Hephzibah Oladebeye rapidly summourned an emergency meeting with the security, National student bodies and the management staff where it was unainimously agreed that the electioneering process be suspended in order not to cause any closure that will affect the exams which was to commence in two weeks time, the management upon seeing students advancing to the faculty of the opposition immediately call for the vacation of students from campus and resume back on Sunday prior to the commencement of exams on monday.

It is well understood that the Rector has done well in averting the coming crisis, as much as we love the union and Wouldn't want anything to affect it, we must equally understand that it is only when the school is running then union can operate not when the school is shut down!

In the late 2017, upon my emergence as the Senate President of NAPS, i visited same Adopoly when students went on rampage resulting from the poor state of school medical centre which claimed the life of a student, the then Rector insisted that students must pay huge damages or NO EXAM, it took the intervention of NAPS and the then NANS PRO Comr. ID Aluta to water down the huge amount students were to pay and ensure the quick resumption of academic activities.

The leadership of NAPS hereby once again applaud the Rector Dr. Hephzibah Oladebeye who did everything humanly possible to avert the seen crisis.

However, the SUG activities was suspended by the management amidst security threat on campus, the leadership of NAPS have equally pleaded with the management and security agencies to please find a better time to lift the suspension when the atmosphere is calm enough.

In a statement signed by Activist Sunday A. Asuku(GCNPS), National President Elect(NAPS),

Finally, we advise fellow Nigeria students to remain calm, resolute and law abiding.

SOURCE: 
https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2019/12/naps-discredits-attention-seekers-on.html

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need To Register My Website With C.A.C Before Operation Begins? / 2020/2021 Admission Study In Philippines The Most Cheapest Country In The Word / Turkish Government Scholarship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.