Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,909 members, 7,976,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:31 AM

Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu (55059 Views)

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Soldier And 26 Others For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photos) / Bouncer Kicks Soldier And His Girlfriend Out Of A Nightclub For Smoking Cannabis / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by austinfan4love(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
Rubbish,,,
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by hidhrhis(m): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin. As huna plenty reach for viewing center,huna no fit beat dem,
we were 26 besides will u do anything when u see sars with gun smelling of alcohol and smoking
i even thought they were kidnappers with the way they acted
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
This only happens in Southern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Rubbiish(m): 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Newsblenda(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2019
What a country!
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Perkins2018: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2019
Isinweke:
This only happens in Southern Nigeria

It happens all over Nigeria. Stop your tribalism. A northerner was killed last week by sars in kaduna.

3 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Charly68: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
How I wish you were 3 military men in the vehicle so could torture them as you do to Boko Haram miscreants ..

3 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by pacespot(m): 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
maasoap:

I think that FG is looking at the little positive side of them, armed robbers confrontation. But at least, FG should reform them and put monitoring teams in place in each state of the federation to check their excessiveness

When last did you hear SARS offset armed robbery in this country? They are often nonexistent during a robbery attack.

If the decision to police a nation goes by public opinion, this task force ought to have been abrogated

4 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Perkins2018:

It happens all over Nigeria. Stop your tribalism. A northerner was killed last week by sars in kaduna.

Shut up

The military man is telling you he has never seen this type of behavior in the North and you're here saying rubbish.

This is a fact we all know.

Police only extort from Southerners.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
ladies and gentlemen, did you see what one commenter wrote, in one of the ugly incidence involving SAS, that they were oozing alcohol on duty! this devilment behavior has continued unabated because authorities have refused to take action against them hence they have grown more bold with more wings.
where they used to have 2 wing, they are now having 100 wings.
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Salutem(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
Chiggsglover:

SARS has outlived its usefulness.
When it comes to abuse of power, SARS are terrible. I know the extortion they carry out on young men, once they see vpn, dating apps, and white men so friends on your Facebook, my brother just pay or they'll waste you. They enlist those SARS guys to fight terrorism instead of chasing fresh boys.
I served in the North and I know that the Nigeria Army has done ALOT for us. Let's be guided that these are not the ones that will hide when they see bullets, they rather charge towards danger. I lived opposite the Army barrack abd usually frequent the officers mess as a corper, can you imagine, The army allows corpers to chill, watch tv and charge phones where only high ranking officers can enter. I met and interacted with a lot of them and I can boldly say that they will act like the average Nigerians when provoked. Just avoid their camo.

I still don't believe how men of Nigerian Army are so humane. Not until I did my NYSC with them. They re just the best set of people you can roll with from the least to the very senior rank.
Flexing at the Officers' Mess is one thing I have missed so much....Even at Senior NCO's mess live football matches and sometimes free drinks....
They re simply the best!!!!

Won't forget my gallant Commanding Officer back then who was Killed when posted to North-East. He was the first Army Officer I encountered during my service (A Major).

God Bless Men and Women of Nigerian Army

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Emmerlee(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
Serious issues like this do not concern or bother the regular tribalistic commenters on this forum. You hardly see them here.. making me wonder if they are even interested in a better country or all they care about is just how to hurt the next person.

Typical black morons.

3 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
Unprofessional watin?
You people are the worst

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
My friend, shut up, when you guys are busy harassing, intimidating, assaulting and humiliating INNOCENT Civilians.
All of you UNIFORMED MEN are birds of same feather.

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by tck2000(m): 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
SIR0:
@the bolded,,,,,,
They would start praising him because he mentioned what suits them.
If you know, you know.
lol
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by ajog1: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
Perkins2018:

Bro, the road face off of stopping people to search their phones, or extort them doesn't happen in the north. Probably what you wrote up there is an isolated case.
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by korlahwarleh: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2019
Salutem:

I still don't believe how men of Nigerian Army are so humane. Not until I did my NYSC with them. They re just the best set of people you can roll with from the least to the very senior rank.
Flexing at the Officers' Mess is one thing I have missed so much....Even at Senior NCO's mess live football matches and sometimes free drinks....

Won't forget my gallant Commanding Officer back then who was Killed when posted to North-East. He was the first Army Officer I encountered during my service (A Major).

Something tells me you served at Katsina

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Yankee101: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
The truth is they don't behave like this in northern nigeria.

You saw how shiites faced guns abi?

They know their limit. Once they cross abuja they turn to hyenas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by luluosas(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
Oga, go to Twitter, narrate your ordeal and tag @segalink
Who knows, something may be done. So sorry for your bitter experience.

hidhrhis:
i think it is high time they end sars
i went out on wednesday night to watch champions league match not knowing i was going to experience the worst experience of my life
when the match reached 84 minutes 8 sars officers entered the viewing centre locked the door and started beating everyone that we were watching ball late hour the next thing they chained us all loaded us in their hilux and camry
when we got to their station our phone was collected and our shoes and we were locked up in a cell which has 6 inmate (5armed robbers and a murderer)
we spent close to 14 hours in their we were not allowed to call our family members until 9 am
i was released after paying 6 thousand some paid 20 thousand,14000,10000 depending on how good u are in negotiation and the appearance of who came to bail you out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by hidhrhis(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
luluosas:
Oga, go to Twitter, narrate your ordeal and tag @segalink
Who knows, something may be done. So sorry for your bitter experience.

thanks im going to do that
dropped it

2 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Perkins2018: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
Isinweke:

Shut up

The military is telling you he has never seen this type of behavior in the North and you're here saying rubbish.

This is a fact we all know.

Police only extort from Southerners.

Which military guy is that? You brought your lack of home training here.
The military guy in minna that chased away sars is minna not in the north?
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by striker07(m): 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
The Nigerian Army, SARS ,regular police are all birds of same feather,you see people here condemning the police force and praising the Army,Nigerians forget things easily, total reform is needed in every department of our armed forces.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Perkins2018:

Which military guy is that? You brought your lack of home training here.
The military guy in minna that chased away sars is minna not in the north?

Enugu not Minna

Read again
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Chiggsglover(m): 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
Salutem:

Sweet memories, I went there to charge phone ooo, those officers will just order free drinks for we corpers, birthday was even the best, they really made me think twice about the reputation of the army. The ones that you see misbehaving, they've been pushed beyond the limit. Not all of them are the same, generalization come to mind. Surprisingly, I rolled well with them, they're flesh n blood, some of them were scarred from war, lost their friends, those ones are more sensitive. If they gimme slap, I fit reason am, but SARS wey no dey protect us go, how many times you don see SARS caught thief recently. Even wole soyinka in his interview on Friday morning commended the army for their bravery against boko....

4 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Chiggsglover(m): 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
pacespot:

When last did you hear SARS offset armed robbery in this country? They are often nonexistent during a robbery attack.

If the decision to police a nation goes by public opinion, this task force ought to have been abrogated
I never see oooo, na fresh boys den dey find
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Lilshorecords(m): 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
greggng:

And you are not ashame to call yourself that name? Repent before is too late...

Na u go feed me na
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by greggng: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lilshorecords:

Na u go feed me na

You are just a comedian ....so na that beans wey no done well wey Orji Kanu and sowore dey eat dey hungry u?
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by nairalanduseles: 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Splendor27:
That why we keep dismantling there illegal checkpoint and teach some of dem lesson,, ,
one day in minna were am servin my duty,,around 10pm on patrol,,we sighted some of dem wit illegal checkpoint harrasin and beaten innocent okada and passerby,,immediately they sighted our car,they all alighted in bus,,we even thought it criminal,so we chase dem....and almost open fire...before we saw the plate number....NPF....(NIGERIA POLICE WATEVER)....We fired a warnin shot before the oc told it driver to stop....
Anyway it not a good day for dem....
If u are a sars reading,,if i were you i would cordinate and respect citizen as officer.....before u are tag tout...
God bless Nigerian army.

Why u come wear lipstick lol
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by JJOF(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2019
CodeBlooded:
Well, this is what we face everyday. Can life get any difficult for a young programmer that owns an Apple laptop and apple phone. They will tell you straight that you are a yahoo boy. And you must pay them to gain your freedom back.

One day I will leave this Zoo. I’m no Messiah to redeem this nation. I’m a young man seeking for a better life.

No be only redeem, na Adeboye. Shey d wan wey Jesus do no do the country ni. Bruh I'm with u oooo.
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Grace001: 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
I’d rather be 3rd or 5th class citizen of a saner country where human right is not been violated, where there is good health and education system than to be a useless first class citizen in a shithole country called Nigeria where you can be harass by this bastards flexing muscles up and down and have no justice for uncountless slaps you get from them if you encounter them. After going through all kinds of harassment and free slaps you begin to wonder if you’re taking over from Judas Iscariot sufferness. Haba

And some stupid people who want you to remain here with them in this shithole will still be asking you why you want to japa from this shithole.

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Bluffly: 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
Conceptman:
Sars has done alot of harm, I just wonder why the government has refused to do anything on dis Sars issue
Same way nothing is being done about the rampant one chance and kidnapping. We just don't have a government of the people, from the people, and for the people.

This is a government from themselves, of themselves and for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Conceptman: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2019
Bluffly:

Same way nothing is being done about the rampant one chance and kidnapping. We just don't have a government of the people, from the people, and for the people.

This is a government from themselves, of themselves and for themselves.
so true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Gun Down Armed Robbers Who Raided Bank In Edo Yesterday. Graphic Photos / Lagos OPC Members Kill Man For Breaking Into Hotel Room During Lovers' Sex Romp / Arthur Eze: Man Assassinated During Visit To Nigeria After 9 Years In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.