Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,183 members, 7,910,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:23 PM

My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type (1320 Views)

Oil Type For Camry 07 / My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC / Car Talk - Changing Of Oil Type ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by oseluck: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
My car engine started shorting oil when I did top gasket change, as my car over heated on a road trip to abj when the engine fan stopped working unknowingly to me.
I have been trying to manage the oil shortage situation ever sincs. I top up my oil like every 2 weeks and that came at a cost
I have been using mobile oil for some years now. I relocated, and my new mechanic advised me to switch to a less expensive oil to cut cost since I am planning to replace my car engine by next year.
So, he recommended Conoil SAE 40, which I did.
Ever since my car engine has been smoking bastardly and its been kind of embarrassing to me.
I want to know, if I switch back to Mobile 5W-30, will the smoking stops.
My highly knowledgeable people, kindly advise.
Its a corolla car.

Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by dawnomike(m): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
SAE 40 is too thick for your car engine... switching now may not stop the smoking but it can stall further damage. Kindly drain out the SAE40 and put in your normal 5w30.
Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by AshipaEk0: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin

Na Dangote Trailer?
Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by chukwuibuipob: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
For sale Honda Accord Baby boy @ 600k.nothing to fix.No dent,Ni repaint..Clean IN/OUT cool wink.Direct owner
Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by sheu01: 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
I will advise you to go for Coastal 5w30 its semi synthentic oil and it was sold around 8500 to 9k in the market. its a very good oil
Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by Singleatom(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
please gurus in the house, your responses are highly needed because am also experiencing same with my Camry!

1 Like

Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Don't you guys do your own research? A dumb olodo mechanic who hasn't even passed wassce tells you something and you just swallow it hook, line and sinker.
Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by lubehouse9ja(m): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
The car engine need be fix or replace for the smoking to stop.. If you need to use oil u need use quality oil in your car. engine oil is not just oil you need to knw the minimum Api and the best Sae viscosity to use on your engine..

American Castrol oil is available check signature.
oseluck:
My car engine started shorting oil when I did top gasket change, as my car over heated on a road trip to abj when the engine fan stopped working unknowingly to me.
I have been trying to manage the oil shortage situation ever sincs. I top up my oil like every 2 weeks and that came at a cost
I have been using mobile oil for some years now. I relocated, and my new mechanic advised me to switch to a less expensive oil to cut cost since I am planning to replace my car engine by next year.
So, he recommended Conoil SAE 40, which I did.
Ever since my car engine has been smoking bastardly and its been kind of embarrassing to me.
I want to know, if I switch back to Mobile 5W-30, will the smoking stops.
My highly knowledgeable people, kindly advise.
Its a corolla car.

Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by NaijadrivaCars: 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
For sale Honda Accord Baby boy @ 600k.nothing to fix.No dent,Ni repaint..Clean IN/OUT cool wink.Direct owner

You see, it is never good to use a tribalistic Monika for business too.

E fit be IPOB go buy am tongue
Re: My Car Engine Now Smokes Cos I Switch Engine Oil Type by chukwuibuipob: 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
NaijadrivaCars:

You see, it is never good to use a tribalistic Monika for business too.

E fit be IPOB go buy am tongue
undecided.I'm from Nssuka,university community kiss cool

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: This Is Literally The Best Camper Trailer For Social Distancing / Upgrade/facelift Your Cars To Recent Models. / Corruption, Agony, Bedlam At Lagos Vehicle Inspection Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.