Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,420 members, 7,944,098 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. (406 Views)

Interested To Be Writer, But Don't Know How To Go About It / How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. by seggexco(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
I need help on how I can help my brother earn from his writing skills and ability.

I discovered that he has a a good writing skill which eventually makes him a good writer. I get to know this through his numerous facebook posts. Whenever he post hit his facebook wall, you get to ask yourself if the post were truly from him or he copied them somewhere. Without doubt, he has a talent.

He do that with great passion and enthusiasm, just for the fun he derived from it. But I expect it to be more than just fun. Friends and family have told me severally about his posts, everyone says he's a good writer. His write-up amazes everyone. They are always anxious for his post to arrive, as soon as it does, everyone likes to read till the end no matter how lengthy it might be. He can write virtually about anything (Religion, Life, poem, business, and any other thing you can ever think of. It is always inspiring and motivating.

He writes with little or no stress. Writing seems like A, B and C to him. As a result, I've been looking for a means of helping him improve and even earn from it but I don't know how to go about it. That's why I have decided to seek for advice on how I can help him with his writing skill so that he can earn from it too.

Your comments and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. by BiafranBushBoy: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
There is a huge difference between Passion writing or Commercial writing.

Till he knows this.
Re: No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. by Pauldollars(m): 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
Let him keep writing if he has the passion. You will corrupt his passion for writing by making him write for monetary or other self gains. BTW are you also sure he writes everything on Facebook himself? Some people copy and edit the posts of inspirational writers and you will think its theirs.
If he is actually a good writer, hook him up with some Newspaper outlets and see his works boom

1 Like

Re: No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. by seggexco(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
There is a huge difference between Passion writing or Commercial writing.

Till he knows this.

What's the difference?
Re: No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. by seggexco(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
Pauldollars:
Let him keep writing if he has the passion. You will corrupt his passion for writing by making him write for monetary or other self gains. BTW are you also sure he writes everything on Facebook himself? Some people copy and edit the posts of inspirational writers and you will think its theirs.
If he is actually a good writer, hook him up with some Newspaper outlets and see his works boom
I'm very sure about that. I once told him to write on a particular topic, I gave him format of how I want it to be, and in less than 30min he has get it done.
Re: No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. by BiafranBushBoy: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
seggexco:

What's the difference?

A passion writer write what comes to his mind. He expresses himself via writing. He is relaxed and feels cool expressing himself.

A commercial writer writes what people wants. He has to go beyond bounds to create a compiling write up for his demanding audience.

So he needs to know a lot...

I will pause here...

(1) (Reply)

Explosive income: two skills that has kept me bouyant / One Year Certified Instrumentation And Control Engineer Intensive Training / What Is The Standard For The Good Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.