Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,824 members, 7,889,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. (485 Views)

Preventing And Understanding 6 Typical Dog Health Problems / 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes / Description Of A Typical Caucasian Shepherd Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by Awaoyelmoni(m): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
Originally Answered: If you see a dog getting abused, would the dog turn on you if you started attacking the owner?

Years ago I was walking home and I witnessed a man beating his dog with a piece of packing crate. I jumped the fence and shouted at him before punching him and giving him a good kicking. To my surprise the dog bit me several times in the leg and also on my hand. I continued to punch the lousy owner and the dog bit me again. I rang the police and explained what I had done and took a piece of the packing case for them to see what the dog had been abused with. They rang me later and said the owner was going to be prosecuted for animal abuse, especially after the neighbours across the road backed up my story. I went to the hospital and they irrigated the puncture holes with betadine or something similar which burned as much as methylated spirit. Only one puncture wound required stitching.

I once picked up a dog that had been hit by a car on a highway. It bit me three times on my hand, once on my index finger, through the thumb and the web between my index finger and thumb. Once again I had the betadine treatment over several days.

I don’t regret either episode — the beaten dog attacked me because of his love for the abusive owner even though he was being beaten and the other dog because it was in so much pain. I’d help both dogs again in an instant.
Cc "modified
Greg dowle
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by vincentjk(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
Awaoyelmoni:
Originally Answered: If you see a dog getting abused, would the dog turn on you if you started attacking the owner?

Years ago I was walking home and I witnessed a man beating his dog with a piece of packing crate. I jumped the fence and shouted at him before punching him and giving him a good kicking. To my surprise the dog bit me several times in the leg and also on my hand. I continued to punch the lousy owner and the dog bit me again. I rang the police and explained what I had done and took a piece of the packing case for them to see what the dog had been abused with. They rang me later and said the owner was going to be prosecuted for animal abuse, especially after the neighbours across the road backed up my story. I went to the hospital and they irrigated the puncture holes with betadine or something similar which burned as much as methylated spirit. Only one puncture wound required stitching.

I once picked up a dog that had been hit by a car on a highway. It bit me three times on my hand, once on my index finger, through the thumb and the web between my index finger and thumb. Once again I had the betadine treatment over several days.

I don’t regret either episode — the beaten dog attacked me because of his love for the abusive owner even though he was being beaten and the other dog because it was in so much pain. I’d help both dogs again in an instant.
Cc "modified
Greg dowle

Why involve yourself in a situation where a dog owner is beating his dog at the first place? An aggressive territorial dog would reap off your ankle in seconds not minding the beating it's receiving from it's owner. Be guided

1 Like

Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by Lordgatt: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2019
You are awesome
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by tobilavish(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wow..that risky but right
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by tobilavish(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2019
Are you talking about the Nigerian police or do you live abroad . . ..............
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by Awaoyelmoni(m): 4:57am On Dec 16, 2019
vincentjk:

Why involve yourself in a situation where a dog owner is beating his dog at the first place? An aggressive territorial dog would reap off your ankle in seconds not minding the beating it's receiving from it's owner. Be guided
Nothing is beneath pple that mourn nd give proper burial to their pet.. Americans crazy guys
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by Awaoyelmoni(m): 5:16am On Dec 16, 2019
Lordgatt:
You are awesome
thanks bud
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by Awaoyelmoni(m): 5:17am On Dec 16, 2019
tobilavish:
Are you talking about the Nigerian police or do you live abroad . . ..............
Bros everything about my post screams America!!
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by seunben(m): 5:22am On Dec 16, 2019
Don't try it in Nigeria , the owner would have you arrested for assault and trespassing. Especially seeing that you jumped the fence to save the dog.
Re: Typical Example Of Stay Out Of People's Family Affairs.. by Awaoyelmoni(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2019
seunben:
Don't try it in Nigeria , the owner would have you arrested for assault and trespassing. Especially seeing that you jumped the fence to save the dog.
In Naija upon calling the cops your scaing the fence will be the case to be trashed, I doubt if the dog issue will matter at all

(1) (Reply)

Neopolitan Mastiff Puppies Available For Sale Contact Me If Interested. / Stamp Concrete Floor / Solid Adult Male Boerboel Available In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.