Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,640 members, 7,889,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:34 PM

What I Have Learnt Today - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What I Have Learnt Today (208 Views)

What I Have Learnt As A Woman In Real Estate / What I Have Learnt Today / What I Have Learnt Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Have Learnt Today by Instructor: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2019
What I Have Learnt Today
by Abayomi.

I have learnt that I cannot live by another’s standards.

It is best to measure myself by my potential and not the competition.

While competition may encourage action; there is a better way. And that is comparison with what my potential is.

I may be the best artist compared to others but am I performing at my best compared to what I am capable of doing?

At times we make the mistake of making other people our standard. Having a mentor is acceptable even necessary, but remember to stick to what you are seeking to learn.

A mentor in business may not necessarily be an authority in marriage and relationships; it’s like taking medical advice from a plumber.

Watch who you listen to. The fantasy of today is to believe celebrities in show business are automatically role models.

Believe for yourself. Don’t reject an idea simply because an “authority “ says it’s impossible.

Challenge your self and find out if your beliefs are yours .

Then make the change.

(1) (Reply)

Word Of The Day.... 'mellifluous' / How To Enhance My Google Adsense Earnings. / Secure Scholarship In US & Canada With TOEFL And GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.